• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

US Imperialism has murdered Major General Qassem Suleimani of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards.

Good dispassionate article on the man from Robert Fisk.
This shia crescent was an Iranian one as far as they are concerned, rightly or wrongly, as the country, like Turkey as example is one that has a long history around it regards potentially being able to act like a nation who has ideas of a return to an empire, erdogan is big on it, unlike most of the rest of the region which where created not that long ago and split based on easy lines to administrate on by outside forces. That the sectarianism didn't sit well with a lot of shia in the region makes sense to me on many levels, there were many death squads, I do not know who was directing most, as well as the ethnic differences, but demographically Iraq has become much more shia by percentage due to the killing and sunnis fleeing the region. People look at this as one side fits all, in such a region its more complicated then that and people remember.

If Iran escalates this based on honour, then they are playing stupid, maybe there are issues at home that they feel they need to counter with a similar war mentality, get the nationalist fervor going, but I would hope they are taking advice from others, as otherwise they are either not playing it smart and/or the rest have abandoned them. Like Turkey they are not king makers in the current state of history.

Reactions: jpc

YoungDan

Deported
PI Member
He is already forgotten about.
The Ravens being beaten , that is the news today

YoungDan

Deported
PI Member
Well, the only one here talking. Yesterdays news. Sell a few T-shirts is my advice

parentheses

PI Member
Not sure what to think.
He's right on some of the points.
But the Imman Hussain 13 centuries of trauma.
I don't buy.
Trump like most Americans having no historical perspective definitely!
Iran should be the natural partner of the West, yep!
American made a huge mistake. God yes they did!
The rapture nuts. Let's hope they aren't any where near buttons.
They are. Pompeo is a rapture nutter.

Anglophile

PI Member
Iran: We warn you ( Europe ) against triggering the dispute resolution process for the nuclear deal,
which we have already declared that we are intentionally violating!!!:ROFLMAO:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Iran: We warn you ( Europe ) against triggering the dispute resolution process for the nuclear deal,
which we have already declared that we are intentionally violating!!!:ROFLMAO:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Top Bottom