Hot UK 2017 election. Predictions and results thread.

Threads
In recent years, I've tended to believe more in newspaper comments sections with their red arrows and green arrows, than in experts, polls or pundits.
They were more accurate in the Brexit and Trump results.
I think the Tories will win a landslide, UKIPPERS will switch to Tory, Labour will have their worst result in decades, and the Lib-Dems will be annihillated.
The recent terror attacks will affect the vote. Corbyn may be a nice bloke but he lacks charisma, and any kind of fire.
Those around him are abysmal.
Farron looks and sounds somewhat phoney. Like some Vicar trying to be hip with the kids. His decision to take on the mantle of the Remoaners now seems foolish and pointless...even to Remoaners.

In Scotland the SNP will be down, with Tory rather than Labour gains.

Britain is moving to the right and seems to have a newfound self-confidence and sense of identity.

Kershaw

Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
In recent years, I've tended to believe more in newspaper comments sections with their red arrows and green arrows, than in experts, polls or pundits.
They were more accurate in the Brexit and Trump results.
I think the Tories will win a landslide, UKIPPERS will switch to Tory, Labour will have their worst result in decades, and the Lib-Dems will be annihillated.
The recent terror attacks will affect the vote. Corbyn may be a nice bloke but he lacks charisma, and any kind of fire.
Those around him are abysmal.
Farron looks and sounds somewhat phoney. Like some Vicar trying to be hip with the kids. His decision to take on the mantle of the Remoaners now seems foolish and pointless...even to Remoaners.

In Scotland the SNP will be down, with Tory rather than Labour gains.

Britain is moving to the right and seems to have a newfound self-confidence and sense of identity.
This would be my guess. I don't know how they can read out polls in the media with a straight face knowing they got Brexit and the last election totally wrong.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The only real interest I have in this is I want the SNP to do well. Not because they are a worthwhile party, they aren't, but they are pushing for independence. I think a Tory victory will also be the most useful in that it will hasten the breakup of the so called "UK."

OP
OP
E
Threads
The only real interest I have in this is I want the SNP to do well. Not because they are a worthwhile party, they aren't, but they are pushing for independence. I think a Tory victory will also be the most useful in that it will hasten the breakup of the so called "UK."

SNP's support for the EU has put me off them altogether.
Likewise SF.
They are fake nationalist parties.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
SNP's support for the EU has put me off them altogether.
Likewise SF.
They are fake nationalist parties.

Yes, that's true, but we need the breakup of both the EU and the UK, and the SNP is useful in that. I'm not sure PSF is useful for anything at this stage. Certainly nothing will happen in the six counties until after Scottish independence.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
This would be my guess. I don't know how they can read out polls in the media with a straight face knowing they got Brexit and the last election totally wrong.
I do wonder what they are up to with these fake polls. They must be trying to shift the result towards their desired result, maybe they are trying to get all the traditional Labour voters who have no enthusiasm for Corbyn to reluctantly bother to turn out to vote by suggesting that there is a possibility of a Labour victory.

JCS

Political Irish
Threads
UK general election 2017: voting opens with final polls pointing to Tory win

final poll for The Times showed the Tories with a seven-point lead over Labour, which would give Theresa May’s party a majority of almost 50 seats, up from 17. It showed a late drop in Labour’s support, with the Conservatives on 42 per cent and Labour down three points on 35 per cent. The Lib Dems were on 10 per cent and Ukip was on five per cent.

Final polls of campaign show turnout holds key in election battle

Personally I find it amazing how anyone could vote for Labour, their madcap ideas will only destroy the UK further.

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
Just of the Dog n' Bone- Auntie Theresa romping it thus far...

Threads
Well my wife and I have voted,she Tory,me Labour,we're still talking.I've a hunch Labour will win by a narrow margin,I don't take much notice of the polls,I think they're phoney.

Top Bottom