Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Two Freemasons' lodges operating secretly at Westminster

OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member

ladyboyne

PI Member
There are Masonic lodges in lots of Irish towns. Dublin ,Cork, Limerick ,Waterford .Galway Drogheda plus a few more.

Eriugena

PI Member
Talk of banning such groups seems ridiculous to me. If a group of men want to freely associate, discuss ideas and devise plans then on what basis should they be banned? I do the exact same with my friends and family, but in smaller numbers. What newspapers call 'secrecy' should correctly be labelled privacy.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the structure of their organisation as far as I'm concerned and its nothing I haven't technically done myself.

In fact, the Freemasons have the right idea from my perspective. Form tight-nit groups and agitate for what you want? Everyone should be doing this. Our disenfranchisement relies on our continued atomisation. Hostility towards 'secret' groups is projection of our own lack of power and organisation.

A boardroom meeting shares many similarities to a Freemason meeting when you break it down and many would erase this site too, if given the opportunity. Should we be banned from communicating with eachother through public and private channels? Or are we precluded since we're just useless plebs with no influence, unlike a group of Freemasons in dresses!
Masonry is not harmless. It's origins are as a militant anti-Catholic society to support the copper-fastening of the Williamite coup. In its continental form it engaged in subversion against the Church and the monarchies of Europe.

It is a secret society and such societies have been outlawed since ancient times. No state can tolerate secret societies. The Romans even banned non-secret societies. That it is not banned is an indication that it still has power and influence.

GlesgaPapist

PI Member
Masonry is not harmless. It's origins are as a militant anti-Catholic society to support the copper-fastening of the Williamite coup. In its continental form it engaged in subversion against the Church and the monarchies of Europe.

It is a secret society and such societies have been outlawed since ancient times. No state can tolerate secret societies. The Romans even banned non-secret societies. That it is not banned is an indication that it still has power and influence.

I don't like the idea of banning secret societies because, besides it going against my libertarian values, it would be impossible to enforce. How can one prevent people from meeting in secret? Would one have to register any private meeting? It would just drive it underground, or there would be open meetings where all the stuff that doesn't necessitate secrecy is discussed and 'social events' where groups of 'friends' get together in private.

Polyco

PI Member
I don't like the idea of banning secret societies because, besides it going against my libertarian values, it would be impossible to enforce. How can one prevent people from meeting in secret? Would one have to register any private meeting? It would just drive it underground, or there would be open meetings where all the stuff that doesn't necessitate secrecy is discussed and 'social events' where groups of 'friends' get together in private.
Then one has to define exactly what a secret society is?

The masonic movement is a well defined example, it has its rituals, dress code, bank accounts and so on. By all these features it can be recognised as an entity and the rest of society can approach the organisation with reasonable knowledge of what it is dealing with, although the extent of its influence can never be precisely pinned down.

This is to be compared with secrecy within society. In this scenario there are unwritten rules by which society conducts itself and it has the potential to be as equally corrosive as proclaimed groups. Here in Ireland we have an underlying layer of corruption that we all know about but haven't the interest or will to address properly. Indeed, many will see it as a warm characteristic of Irish life, just so long as it does not become too blatant with brown envelopes flitting from pocket to pocket at the Galway races. At a lower level we have family favours, nods and winks, unspoken 'suggestions', jobs for the boys and so on.

This is by no means unique to Ireland, whether we are any better or worse than other countries is an endless debate. Moving to France, for instance, is a pointless exercise unless you have your own personal wealth or a job you can take with you, because you won't be given one when you arrive, although that is never publicly stated.

Whether a defined organisation or a loose collection of unwritten rules it is all tribal in origin. The British express their tribal affiliations through their attachment to a sporting cause or other area of interest. The football clubs are the usual example offered. Out here in the wilds of rural Ireland it is the local GAA and county boundary which define ones identity, and to many people that is important, but not as important as family connections, which is the ultimate secret society, but impossible to control unless instructed to park granny by the window at Christmas.......

gerhard dengler

PI Member
I've read quite a bit about Freemasonry, and it strikes me that for a lot of it's foot soldiers, it is a means to an end namely as a business/contact network, a vehicle for charitable work, social upward mobility.

Certainly in the higher echelon, there appears to be something more going on, as an organisation. Roberto Calvin springs to mind always.

The Field Marshal

PI Member

You are incorrect.

Freemasonry had its true origins in the Middle Ages during the construction of the great gothic cathedrals.
Skilled stonemasons were the computer high tech giants of their day.
They were few in number and in great demand by unscrupulous ambitious Catholic Church bishops who sought to strictly control and limit their freedom of movement.
They reacted by meeting in secret at their lodges ( lean to sheds at the side of a church under construction)
Arrogant bishops threatened them with excommunication if they moved to another diocese without permission.

That the Freemasons then aligned with the movements of nationalism ( another movement denounced by arrogant popes) is entirely understandable given their brutal and harsh unjust treatment by conceited bishops.

All these problems of ecclesiastical and papal arrogance can be traced back to the Edict of Thessalonica 380 AD granting the Catholic Church the status of sole imperial religion of Rome.

Last edited:
I contend that they only way to rout a secret society is by forming a secret society of your own.

The leaders of 1916 will have operated as a de facto secret society to allow their plans come to any kind of fruition. Are the Luciferian controlled Freemasons plotting our destruction? Yes, absolutely.
Will standing on a street corner in Dublin publicly proclaiming this stop them? Are you going to get near RTÉ with a soap opera about the day-to-day adventures of a Luciferian or even a brief 5 minute interview about their activities? No you're not. So where does that leave you? At the very least it leaves you in a secret society of 3 with yourself, God and a Mosin Nagant as exclusive members.

Zosimus

PI Member
You are incorrect.

Freemasonry had its true origins in the Middle Ages during the construction of the great gothic cathedrals.
Skilled stonemasons were the computer high tech giants of their day.
They were few in number and in great demand by unscrupulous ambitious Catholic Church bishops who sought to strictly control and limit their freedom of movement.
They reacted by meeting in secret at their lodges ( lean to sheds at the side of a church under construction)
Arrogant bishops threatened them with excommunication if they moved to another diocese without permission.

That the Freemasons then aligned with the movements of nationalism ( another movement denounced by arrogant popes) is entirely understandable given their brutal and harsh unjust treatment by conceited bishops.

All these problems of ecclesiastical and papal arrogance can be traced back to the Edict of Thessalonica 380 AD granting the Catholic Church the status of sole imperial religion of Rome.

How is it that you are both a Sedevacantist and a defender of the Freemasons? You have a devotion to the Holy Family and the Saints which is clearly very sincere, but in terms of doctrine I still cannot figure out which religion it is you follow. It seems like a mix of liberal Anglicanism and folk-Catholicism.

Top Bottom