• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Twitter going full safe space with latest updates

F

fishsticks

Non Registered Member
No. I have given you a proper explanation. But instead of providing an argument you are triggered into insult. It is a real concern about Irishness and the way the Irish are speaking. If this discussion was about the Irish in general and the growing Americanization of the way they speak and the way kids from all counties coming out losing their county accent and starting to sound the same, you'd agree. Well that's what my point and concern is about.
I would like the guy to get back into the accent of his county, he'd even get more popular both here and abroad. Now I know Dave reads these threads, and after I criticised his accent before, he started getting his Irish accent back, and that was great, hopefully he has a read of this and takes onboard the constructive idea I am putting forward here, if he is intelligent and thoughtful, without being sensitive about it, he will realise, this is correct and has a point, and he might take it on. It will be good for his Irish audience, and I think his American audience will love it.
I agree with you completely and I pick up on (and hate) all that American accent too.. but it could be a comprehension issue as well.

Ever seen someone with an accent from this part of the world being subtitled on American television.. speaking English? :) I have.

Blood Irish

Deported
PI Member
PI Member
No. I have given you a proper explanation. But instead of providing an argument you are triggered into insult. It is a real concern about Irishness and the way the Irish are speaking. If this discussion was about the Irish in general and the growing Americanization of the way they speak and the way kids from all counties coming out losing their county accent and starting to sound the same, you'd agree. Well that's what my point and concern is about.
I would like the guy to get back into the accent of his county, he'd even get more popular both here and abroad. Now I know Dave reads these threads, and after I criticised his accent before, he started getting his Irish accent back, and that was great, hopefully he has a read of this and takes onboard the constructive idea I am putting forward here, if he is intelligent and thoughtful, without being sensitive about it, he will realise, this is correct and has a point, and he might take it on. It will be good for his Irish audience, and I think his American audience will love it.
Are you crying ? So sorry I didn't mean to make you cry . Believe me , I do get what you mean , however there are ways of getting your point across. You are bang out of order for nit picking about Dave Cullen , he is a brilliant person to have on board . He's a boon , an asset . You don't know his situation , as I've said he could have lived abroad . Have you ever lived further afield ? I have , we do tend to pick up accents , sometimes because of the length of time residing and sometimes just in order to be understood ok.
Whinge bag , if I had known you were so super sensitive I wouldn't have bothered . As you were Peewee

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
I agree with you completely and I pick up on (and hate) all that American accent too.. but it could be a comprehension issue as well.

Ever seen someone with an accent from this part of the world being subtitled on American television.. speaking English? :) I have.
Yeah, shows how in general American culture does not have the intelligence in certain ways to understand slight differences. An American audience of mostly Euro-Americans of the 50s, when you see the way they spoke which was more anglicised , would have had no problem, they were also more sophisticated, whereas it is true the dumbing down of America has been in process, and it is a process in train here now too.

The more you get also of the Non-Euro-Americans into the millieu, the more they had a problem understanding British English.

It is they who have unarticulated brute words like "axe" as in I "axed" him (I asked him)

Wait till you see, the kids here will start picking that faecal matter up here.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Are you crying ? So sorry I didn't mean to make you cry . Believe me , I do get what you mean , however there are ways of getting your point across. You are bang out of order for nit picking about Dave Cullen , he is a brilliant person to have on board . He's a boon , an asset . You don't know his situation , as I've said he could have lived abroad . Have you ever lived further afield ? I have , we do tend to pick up accents , sometimes because of the length of time residing and sometimes just in order to be understood ok.
Whinge bag , if I had known you were so super sensitive I wouldn't have bothered . As you were Peewee
Ok sunshine, it seems you cannot take grown up discussion and it is you who is crying in a shitheap, all bent out of shape "waaagh stop saying mean things about my Dave, waaaagh leave Dave alone, waaaagh"

because someone it seems you have your head so far up his arse, his accent is being mentioned, so what. It's a discussion forum, things like this come up, that's life.

If a person cannot make an argument here about language, accent and culture and cannot criticise and go out of my way to be as fucking walking on egg-shells as possible knowing the snowflakery that goes on here and it triggers, from the likes of you, you thick over-sensitive gimp, then you have no argument and no business in any say in anything pertaining to Irishness and trying to save this country. Come back when you can understand that criticism of an aspect of a person is not criticism of the whole of the person, I went out of my way to make this clear and praise the chap, knowing I had to do that lest people start crying here, the absolute sensitivity and soft cream puffs we have in nationalism.

Children like you do not deserve Ireland or any country to call your own, you are too immature and too selfish and too damn soft.

Blood Irish

Deported
PI Member
PI Member
Ok sunshine, it seems you cannot take grown up discussion and it is you who is crying in a shitheap, all bent out of shape "waaagh stop saying mean things about my Dave, waaaagh leave Dave alone, waaaagh"

because someone it seems you have your head so far up his arse, his accent is being mentioned, so what. It's a discussion forum, things like this come up, that's life.

If a person cannot make an argument here about language, accent and culture and cannot criticise and go out of my way to be as fucking walking on egg-shells as possible knowing the snowflakery that goes on here and it triggers, from the likes of you, you thick over-sensitive gimp, then you have no argument and no business in any say in anything pertaining to Irishness and trying to save this country. Come back when you can understand that criticism of an aspect of a person is not criticism of the whole of the person, I went out of my way to make this clear and praise the chap, knowing I had to do that lest people start crying here, the absolute sensitivity and soft cream puffs we have in nationalism.

Children like you do not deserve Ireland or any country to call your own, you are too immature and too selfish and too damn soft.
Neenaw neenaw . Hold on I've called the Waambulance for you :rolleyes:
Get lost you gimp. Do you go to protests ?

BrightFuture

PI Member
I haven't listened to this but that guy seems to make a living out of stating the obvious in a mid-Atlantic accent. Would I be right in thinking he's a died-in-the-wool anti-Republican free stater? Perhaps not, but he barks a lot of Americanised concepts and vocabulary that make me think he would be no friend of Connolly. Closeted, he seems.

He must understand that in the subtlety of life contributing to 'the conversation' helps to introduce the very things he says he's fighting against, normalises them as heard and thereby accepted parts of the wallpaper of life.

His audience isn't you, its 12-18 year olds.

Theres plenty of streamers to pick from depending on your tastes.

As for Twitter, I hope this is another nail in their coffin. I don't know if it makes much difference however, the likes of tools like Fintan O'Toole hardly engage with anybody that's not a bluechekist as it is.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Neenaw neenaw . Hold on I've called the Waambulance for you :rolleyes:
Get lost you gimp. Do you go to protests ?
What brand of nappies do you find best? Or are they still too big for ye?
I've been in this movement more than you know gimpboy. Never go full doxxtard little boy.

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
I haven't listened to this but that guy seems to make a living out of stating the obvious in a mid-Atlantic accent. Would I be right in thinking he's a died-in-the-wool anti-Republican free stater? Perhaps not, but he barks a lot of Americanised concepts and vocabulary that make me think he would be no friend of Connolly. Closeted, he seems.

He must understand that in the subtlety of life contributing to 'the conversation' helps to introduce the very things he says he's fighting against, normalises them as heard and thereby accepted parts of the wallpaper of life.
Dave Cullen is a good guy and a great asset to the Nationalist community in Ireland. Like many others he's been gradually coming around to the Nationalist idea for a while now and its great to see.
I couldn't give a sh1t about his accent and neither should anyone else.

Blood Irish

Deported
PI Member
PI Member
What brand of nappies do you find best? Or are they still too big for ye?
I've been in this movement more than you know gimpboy. Never go full doxxtard little boy.
Aw poor baba , waa waaa waa.
Get you fuck away from the scene , real patriots are taking over now old chum .
Answer the question , do you go to protests ?

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
If people are concerned with accents then we've lost already. Ultimately whilst differing accents are (or were) a great marker of the unique Irish identity its the belief of Ireland and Irishness as a separate ethnicity and culture that matters. We can't blame people for being brought up and immersed in American culture, the fact that they recognise this and wish to return to a true Irish identity is what matters.

I know plenty of heavily accented people, dyed in the wool boggers who are globohomo to the core. I also remember from my school days the prejudice of the rural folks over accents and the limit of these guys patriotism was the Irish football team or their local GAA club.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
Aw poor baba , waa waaa waa.
Get you fuck away from the scene , real patriots are taking over now old chum .
Answer the question , do you go to protests ?
So another new member asking people who and what they do. And who are you? Who are you to make assumptions about who I am or am not, you have no info as to anything about me, yet you've just made some assumptions, the kind that either fishes for info or shows you are dumb, easily beaten by the enemy. Are you a copper? Are you a journo trying to do an article and tie certain accounts in with stuff and get the heat on them?

If not then you are an idiot, a liability emotional wreck and a hothead to boot, that will ensure the last nail is put in Ireland's coffin.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
If people are concerned with accents then we've lost already. Ultimately whilst differing accents are (or were) a great marker of the unique Irish identity its the belief of Ireland and Irishness as a separate ethnicity and culture that matters. We can't blame people for being brought up and immersed in American culture, the fact that they recognise this and wish to return to a true Irish identity is what matters.

I know plenty of heavily accented people, dyed in the wool boggers who are globohomo to the core. I also remember from my school days the prejudice of the rural folks over accents and the limit of these guys patriotism was the Irish football team or their local GAA club.
There is a valid point in the argument, it goes to the root of identity, just as our native language does of who we are, in fact it was a major part of Pearse's concerns. Culture and identity. Language for him was among the core, going to the spiritual root of a people and accent is part and parcel of the etymylogical roots of a language, as it is accent that shapes and moulds many of the words and meanings of those words, the spirit of the people being encapsulated in the accent first and then given form in the word, the expression of the people, going right to the core of who a people are and how they are innately different to foreign peoples.

In fact the very battle against immigration is made a lot harder by people who propose and complain about concepts such as globalisation yet whose public expression, serves as a point of contradiction and hypocrisy, if they themselves appear and are perceived as a product of the very poison, globalism, that they rail against themselves. It weakens their argument and in the eyes of the people, the public we are trying to persuade, it makes them as a representative of nationalism, and that argument seem insincere and motivated by self-interest rather than any authentic national interest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom