• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Video Truther Doctors are speaking out about COVID-19

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
PI Member
PI Member
PI Member
Cuban doctors are bigging up Hydroxichloroquine, they have been using it from the start of the Chinese virus.
I wonder how many old people have died because their Trump hating grandkids persuaded them not to take it.
The Grandkids would be thinking of the inheritance ! !

Charlottesweb

PI Member
Too much money rather than public interest maybe?

Yes HQ is a cheap generic drug. But just because it could be true that big pharma is shutting down HQ, does not mean it is true.

I note the article you link to stresses the fact thaf fauci was aware of CQ's effect on sars, another coronavitus via research carried out by his institute. That research was based on in vitro studies, which as you have said, the differences are vast and not comparable.

Polyco

PI Member
Yes HQ is a cheap generic drug. But just because it could be true that big pharma is shutting down HQ, does not mean it is true.

I note the article you link to stresses the fact thaf fauci was aware of CQ's effect on sars, another coronavitus via research carried out by his institute. That research was based on in vitro studies, which as you have said, the differences are vast and not comparable.
Says the lad who got all pissy with me when I referred to in vitro studies as 'Test tube tinkering'.

Charlottesweb

PI Member
Says the lad who got all pissy with me when I referred to in vitro studies as 'Test tube tinkering'.
I dont think that you are totally in touch with reality. You should take a break. Unless and until you engage with the subject matter at hand, there is no point in engaging with your childishness

Polyco

PI Member
I dont think that you are totally in touch with reality. You should take a break. Unless and until you engage with the subject matter at hand, there is no point in engaging with your childishness
Squirming is your strongest suite, I almost admire you for it.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
No. Because there are no harmful effects from wearing a mask and it is not a medical intervention of a regulated nature. The use of medicines is heavily regulated and rightly so as there could be harmful effects from ingesting any medicines. This is not the case for masks.
There are no harmful effects from HCQ, it has been used extensively decades. There is zero risk in taking it. The only risk that scares its detractors is the risk that it will be shown to work.

To turn your tactics back on you show me your evidence that there is no risk to wearing facemasks. It seems obvious to me that facemasks as worn in real life will be bacteria and virus concentrating petri dishes. The wearer will be inhaling this crap. Exhaling will see some of this crap directed up towards the wearers eyes which is super susceptible to infection.

Show me your evidence that has scientifically analysed the risks and rewards of wearing facemasks as they are being worn in the real world that proves that they are of beneft.

If you can do this then show me how much of a benefit they are. Show me how this benefit outweighs the social disadvantages - the lost economic activity as some people no longer engage in tax generating activities because that requires mask wearing, the reduction in social interaction and social cohesion, all of the disadvantages that are being shouted from the rooftop.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
The low death rate is attributed to effective tracking and tracing in the article. In fact the only part that says that HQ was the cause of the low death rate:

Officials have credited this turnaround to "[a] combination of hydroxychloroquine, vitamin D, and zinc tablets"

conveniently leaves out the reference to "and homeopathic remedies" straight after the word zinc. If you follow the link for that statement in the article, you will see it only refers to the low rate of Covid in Mumbai cops (in a period of 24 hours on 9th June) and it attributes the low level of corona among Mumbaii police officers to keepinig infected cops separate and HQ, Vit D, Zinc and Homeopathic remedies.

This article does not attribute the low level of Corona in Dharavi to HQ at all. The original story from www.lifesitenews.com is extremely misleading and it's no surprise to discover that the site is a self professed "pro life" site, indicating it leans strongly in a certain direction.
Why the heck do you keep attempting to shoot the messenger - bringing up the fact that the link is a pro life site discredits your argument, it makes it look like you are attempting to cancel the author rather than debating. When the author attempts to find hard data by producing Police records you actually condemn him for not having more detailed data for the wider population. Total shoot the messenger stuff.

The fact of the matter is that Covid has been pretty much eliminated from this Mumbai slum.
This eradication has coincided with the government of the local state (Maharashtra) mandating HCQ as a prophylactic for its front line workers and with the local Mumbai government (BMC) setting up Covid Care Centres where people suspected of carrying Covid are being as standard given a course of HCQ.

Now you can nitpick that seeing Covid eliminated is coincidental with the administration of HCQ if you like but many other people will look at this and see that as a recommendation of widespread HCQ use even if only based on there being a chance of it being the magic silver bullet we are looking for at very little cost and with no downside if it doesnt work.

Heres another messenger saying the same thing as the previous link. Im sure you will immediately start scrutinising for shootability.

MUMBAI: The Maharashtra government is putting all its Covid-19 frontline workers and high-risk contacts of patients on the anti-malarial tablet hydroxychloroquine sulphate, albeit with their consent and with riders — to be given voluntarily after sharing necessary information.
The BMC has already started distribution in some areas like Dharavi, and specified that to receive the tablet course, the suspected Covid patients must be admitted to its Covid Care Centres (CCC).
People admitted in both types of CCCs (CCC-1 for high risk & CCC-2 for asymptomatic) will be given the tablet, preferably under medical advice,” said a ward officer. Each patient will also get 35 zinc supplements to be taken over five days.
High-risk kin of Maharashtra patients, all ground staff to get HCQS | Mumbai News - Times of India

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
I hope for there to be a cheap effective treatment. Dexamethasone looks like it is promising for hospitalised cases and intereferon Beta is very promising too.

But HQ has little credible evidence in its' favour and the fact is, all of this arguing about HQ is taking resources from finding medicines that actually work.
What resources is HQ taking up? It is an ultra cheap and simple to administer medication. The cost of administering it is insignificant in relation to the total cost of this epidemic.

Charlottesweb

PI Member
There are no harmful effects from HCQ, it has been used extensively decades. There is zero risk in taking it. The only risk that scares its detractors is the risk that it will be shown to work.
There is a risk with using HQ. Its very small though. I have not had an issue with the risk profile of HQ. that has not been my position.

To turn your tactics back on you show me your evidence that there is no risk to wearing facemasks. It seems obvious to me that facemasks as worn in real life will be bacteria and virus concentrating petri dishes. The wearer will be inhaling this crap. Exhaling will see some of this crap directed up towards the wearers eyes which is super susceptible to infection.

Show me your evidence that has scientifically analysed the risks and rewards of wearing facemasks as they are being worn in the real world that proves that they are of beneft.
I dont need to provide evidence that facemasks are not harmful. They are not medecines to be ingested, therefore not regulated.

Any bacteria/virus you will be inhaling will have come from you already, so theres no danger of reinfecting yourself. That is an absurd idea.

If you can do this then show me how much of a benefit they are.Show me how this benefit outweighs the social disadvantages - the lost economic activity as some people no longer engage in tax generating activities because that requires mask wearing, the reduction in social interaction and social cohesion, all of the disadvantages that are being shouted from the rooftop.
All of this is fanciful at best, but total guff in reality. Reduced economic activity? How about the increased activity from the purchase of masks? I know one girl whos made a couple of thousand euro making and selling masks.

A reduction in social cohesion and social interaction? The only negative you see here is the arrogant idiotic attitude of those selfish pr**ks who wont wear a mask even though it helps prevent transmission of the virus.

They say the measure of a society is how it treat its most vulnerable. That being the case, what does thst say about those not wearing masks ?

Top Bottom