Trump?

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
. As for Bob the Spammer's cutting and pasting about copyright, it really doesn't mean much when jurisdiction is not established.
Unsurprisingly, Wrongo Dongo Again!

The material I post is first published by the various sources in the US. They are US based news organizations.
Other US based news organizations then aggregate "Fair Use" portions of the original into emails they send to me, so that I don't have to go searching for it.
I then take relevant portions of what's emailed to me, and further aggregate it into one post. The jurisdiction is unquestionably the US.

From one of my earlier links.........

In the United States, courts have repeatedly held that the person who puts infringing content online — a photograph, a movie, a song — is the one liable for copyright infringement. Internet service providers benefit from safe harbors provided they meet the conditions set forth in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Individuals who encounter the content are similarly exempted from copyright infringement claims, including the mere provision of a link.

As a matter of public policy, this result makes good sense given that in many cases, the question of infringement may not be clear and the individual who comes across the content online may have no idea of its copyright status. That user also presumably has no control over the hosted content.
Before a news copyright holder could even attempt to sue everyone on the internet they first have to successfully sue the person or in this case other news organization who put the material on the online, ie. the outfit who sends it to me.

Even if the jurisdiction were in the EU, it still would not be copyright infringement because for one, I'm doing it for news dissemination, an exempted category, and two, I'm not doing it for profit.

You may be tech savvy, but you haven't a clue about media distribution law. Stick to what you know.

jmcc

PI Member
Threads
So Bob the Spammer is still as clueless as ever about the spam he posts and still doesn't understand the concept of jurisdiction and claims that his spam is "news dissemination". No wonder Trump came from nowhere to win the election. The interesting thing is that the activity of Bob the Spammer and his ilk since the election have probably convinced more people that HRC was a terrible candidate and Trump was the least worst choice.

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
So Bob the Spammer is still as clueless as ever about the spam he posts and still doesn't understand the concept of jurisdiction and claims that his spam is "news dissemination". No wonder Trump came from nowhere to win the election. The interesting thing is that the activity of Bob the Spammer and his ilk since the election have probably convinced more people that HRC was a terrible candidate and Trump was the least worst choice.
I do so, understand the concept of jurisdiction. It's when a participant in a fly fishing competition uses an illegal lure.

When I make a specific claim I support it with evidence. You make general claims unsupported by any evidence. Show me some common or statutory law that says I'm wrong, you whiney little bitch troller.

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
MORE COHEN FALLOUT -- "Novartis Lawyer Departs in Relation to Cohen Payments," by WSJ's Max Bernhard: "Novartis AG said Wednesday its general counsel is retiring from the company in connection with its $1.2 million payments to a company owned by Michael Cohen, U.S. President Donald Trump's longtime personal lawyer, as the Swiss drugmaker battles to contain the fallout from the arrangement. ... 'Although the contract was legally in order, it was an error,' general counsel Felix Ehrat, who is a co-signatory of the agreement, said in a statement Wednesday." https://on.wsj.com/2IKtVKQ

THE INVESTIGATIONS ...
-- "Tantalizing Testimony From a Top Trump Aide Sets Off a Search for Proof,"
by NYT's Nick Fandos and Michael Schmidt: "Testifying behind closed doors on Capitol Hill in late March, the official, John K. Mashburn, said he remembered the email coming from George Papadopoulos, a foreign policy adviser to the campaign who was approached by a Russian agent, sometime before the party conventions — and well before WikiLeaks began publishing messages stolen in hackings from Democrats....

"But two months after Mr. Mashburn testified, investigators for the Senate Judiciary Committee have not found any such message. The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, was also searching for similar emails, according to a person familiar with a request for documents that his investigators sent to the Trump campaign. The campaign, which has examined its emails and other documents, also cannot find the message, and officials do not believe it exists." https://nyti.ms/2wJs44h

-- "Federal judge rejects Manafort's bid to dismiss Mueller indictment," by Josh Gerstein: "In a blow to [Paul] Manafort's defense, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled that Mueller's prosecution of the longtime political consultant on charges of money laundering and failing to register as a foreign agent for Ukraine was 'squarely' within the authority that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein granted to Mueller last May." https://politi.co/2KtpS34

-- NYT'S MATT ROSENBERG and NICK CONFESSORE: "Justice Department and F.B.I. Are Investigating Cambridge Analytica": "The Justice Department and the F.B.I. are investigating Cambridge Analytica, the now-defunct political data firm, and have sought to question former employees and banks that handled its business, according to an American official and other people familiar with the inquiry." https://nyti.ms/2wNd85g

Evidence that the Russians were trying to pull one over on Spanky.............

The documents help explain how Donald Trump's son came to meet the Moscow attorney who was promising dirt on Hillary Clinton in June 2016.
A British music promoter told the Senate Judiciary Committee that one of his Russian clients insisted he set up the meeting and had been assured the Russian was "well-connected" and had "damaging information."
Testimony from others at the meeting confirmed Trump Jr.’s long-standing assertion that no information on Clinton was shared.​

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
WaPo............

The Senate Intelligence Committee says the U.S. intelligence community was correct in assessing that Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. elections with the aim of helping Donald Trump, contradicting findings House Republicans reached last month.
The determination sets up a clash within the GOP over which record of events is most accurate, a dispute that could complicate the party’s messaging surrounding the Russia investigations as it heads into the 2018 election season.​

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Spanky's amended 2017 financial disclosure made public today, confirms he paid Cohen $100K+ in conflict with his claim to journalists on AF1 a month ago, that he knew nothing of the payment........

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
MASSIVE NYT STORY ... ON A1, BY MATT APUZZO, ADAM GOLDSTEIN and NICK FANDOS: "How F.B.I. Embarked, With Strictest Secrecy, On Trump Team's Trail ... 'Crossfire Hurricane' Review Produced Roots of Special Counsel's Inquiry": "Within hours of opening an investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russia in the summer of 2016, the F.B.I. dispatched a pair of agents to London on a mission so secretive that all but a handful of officials were kept in the dark.

"Their assignment, which has not been previously reported, was to meet the Australian ambassador, who had evidence that one of Donald J. Trump's advisers knew in advance about Russian election meddling. After tense deliberations between Washington and Canberra, top Australian officials broke with diplomatic protocol and allowed the ambassador, Alexander Downer, to sit for an F.B.I. interview to describe his meeting with the campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos.

"The agents summarized their highly unusual interview and sent word to Washington on Aug. 2, 2016, two days after the investigation was opened. Their report helped provide the foundation for a case that, a year ago Thursday, became the special counsel investigation. But at the time, a small group of F.B.I. officials knew it by its code name: Crossfire Hurricane.

"The name, a reference to the Rolling Stones lyric 'I was born in a crossfire hurricane,' was an apt prediction of a political storm that continues to tear shingles off the bureau. Days after they closed their investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server, agents began scrutinizing the campaign of her Republican rival. The two cases have become inextricably linked in one of the most consequential periods in the history of the F.B.I." https://nyti.ms/2LayTPo

COHEN FILES -- RONAN FARROW on NewYorker.com, "Missing Files Motivated the Leak of Michael Cohen's Financial Records: A law-enforcement official released the documents after finding that additional suspicious transactions did not appear in a government database": http://bit.ly/2k1BjDJ

-- @shaneharris: "This is a remarkable story. I've never heard of SARs reports going missing. Some plausible explanations are spelled out in the story, but these are clearly rare. And that a U.S. official was concerned enough to leak, and then admit to leaking to draw attention to this, says a lot."

-- @AriMelber: "NEW: Ethics office sending letter to Rod Rosenstein stating that Michael Cohen's payment on behalf of Trump was a debt and may be relevant to 'any inquiry' Rosenstein may be pursuing." http://bit.ly/2IM290J

-- RYAN GRIM in The Intercept, "Qatari Investor: Michael Cohen Asked Me for A Million Dollars": Ahmed "al-Rumaihi ... was educated in the U.S. and served as the No. 2 in the Qatar embassy in Washington from 2008 until 2013 ... In several conversations with The Intercept since March, al-Rumaihi [the former head of a $100 billion part of the Qatar Investment Authority] talked about an encounter he had with President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, in December 2016.

"Al-Rumaihi said Cohen asked him for an upfront fee of $1 million for his services in the midst of their conversation about a potential Qatari investment in U.S. infrastructure. Cohen said it was 'untrue' that he had sought payment from al-Rumaihi. 'These falsehoods and gross inaccuracies are only being written in the hopes of maligning me for sensationalistic purposes. The truth will prevail and will ultimately be proven in court and not by pundits,' Cohen said in a text message." http://bit.ly/2rLG0G6

-- "FBI agents said to be probing Michael Cohen's deal with Korean firm," by WaPo's Shawn Boburg and Aaron C. Davis: "A California man who says he served as a translator last year for Michael Cohen and a South Korean aerospace firm that paid Cohen's company $150,000 said Tuesday that FBI agents recently interviewed him. Mark Ko said in an email to The Washington Post that he spoke with the FBI about the arrangement 'a few weeks ago.'" https://wapo.st/2rPTIH4

-- "'I'm Not Going to Just Roll Over': Behind the Scenes, After Another Week in the Spotlight, Michael Cohen Oscillates Between Fighting Back and Frustration," by Vanity Fair's Emily Jane Fox: "As he watched the news unfold in his hotel room in Philadelphia over the weekend, he evidenced some exasperation. He has confided in friends, 'I just can't take this anymore.'" http://bit.ly/2Gr4dWH

RUDY'S LATEST DECLARATION -- "Mueller Won't Indict Trump if He Finds Wrongdoing, Giuliani Says," by NYT's Mike Schmidt, Maggie Haberman and Charlie Savage: "The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, will not indict President Trump if he finds wrongdoing in his investigation of Trump campaign links to Russia, according to the president's lawyers. They said Wednesday that Mr. Mueller's investigators told them that he would adhere to the Justice Department's view that the Constitution bars prosecuting sitting presidents.

"The disclosure provides the greatest clarity to date about how Mr. Mueller, who is also investigating whether Mr. Trump tried to obstruct the inquiry itself, may proceed. If he concludes that he has evidence that the president broke the law, experts say, he now has only two main options while Mr. Trump remains in office: He could write a report about the president's conduct that Congress might use as part of any impeachment proceedings, or he could deem the president as an unindicted co-conspirator in court documents." https://nyti.ms/2IocVLn

-- JOSH GERSTEIN: "Inside Mueller's FBI team" https://politi.co/2L9nSOr

-- FYI ... RUDY'S NEW WATERING HOLE: Trump's attorney was spotted having lunch on Wednesday at Joe's. Conveniently located near the White House, Giuliani was seen sitting with three other people in the booth with a curtain for privacy, which according to our tipster was "promptly closed."

TRUMP INC. -- "Sources, new documents reveal depth of Trump's 2013 Moscow push," by McClatchy's Kevin Hall and Ben Wieder: "The Trump Organization's pursuit in 2013 of a tower in Moscow bearing the Trump name was much farther along than previously disclosed, with a memorandum of understanding signed and financing arranged, according to new documents released to the public and information obtained by McClatchy. President Donald Trump and his children have described a possible Moscow hotel deal in only the broadest of terms, calling it something that grew out of the Miss Universe contest held in Moscow that year.

"Sources tell McClatchy, however, that by then talks had been under way for months and architectural drawings had been submitted. One of the sources of planned financing was the Sapir family, which had backed the now-failed Trump Soho project in Manhattan years earlier. 'I think it was a fairly far along deal,' said a person with direct knowledge of the deal." http://bit.ly/2IojkWX

THE RESISTANCE -- "Preet Bharara being drafted for war on Trump: The fired U.S. attorney doesn't like politics, but his admirers are pressing him to wage a campaign to succeed Eric Schneiderman," by Isaac Dovere and Jimmy Vielkind: "Preet Bharara is seeing all the texts, phone calls and DMs urging him to run for New York attorney general, including from some top operatives and Democratic donors. He's hearing it from people coming up to him on the street.

"And though Bharara is leaning against making a play for the job, according to three people close to him, the onetime powerhouse U.S. attorney fired by Donald Trump pointedly hasn't said no, either. He wants to see how the next few weeks play out. Among the people who've reached out, the sources said, are Mike Bloomberg consigliere Howard Wolfson and independent-minded GOP consultant John Weaver, along with a host of top Democratic operatives, donors and fundraisers." https://politi.co/2rSQnay

Count Bobulescu

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Spanky says......

"'Bigger than Watergate': Trump joins push by allies to expose role of an FBI source,"
by WaPo's Phil Rucker, Bob Costa, Carol Leonnig and Josh Dawsey: "President Trump's allies are waging an increasingly aggressive campaign to undercut the Russia investigation by exposing the role of a top-secret FBI source. The effort reached new heights Thursday as Trump alleged that an informant had improperly spied on his 2016 campaign and predicted that the ensuing scandal would be 'bigger than Watergate!' The extraordinary push begun by a cadre of Trump boosters on Capitol Hill now has champions across the GOP and throughout conservative media — and, as of Thursday, the first anniversary
of Robert S. Mueller III's appointment as special counsel, bears the imprimatur of the president.

"The dispute pits Trump and the Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee against the Justice Department and intelligence agencies, whose leaders warn that publicly identifying the confidential source would put lives in danger and imperil other operations. The stakes are so high that the FBI has been working over the past two weeks to mitigate the potential damage if the source's identity is revealed, according to several people familiar with the matter. The bureau is taking steps to protect other live investigations that the person has worked on, and trying to lessen any danger to associates if the informant's identity becomes known, said these people." https://wapo.st/2GvLzwO

-- "Manafort's former son-in-law cuts plea deal, to cooperate with government - sources," by Reuters' Nathan Layne: "The former son-in-law of Paul Manafort, the one-time chairman of President Donald Trump's campaign, has cut a plea deal with the Justice Department that requires [Jeffrey Yohai] to cooperate with other criminal probes, two people with knowledge of the matter said. The guilty plea agreement, which is under seal and has not been previously reported, could add to the legal pressure on Manafort." https://reut.rs/2IRWGFy

DEEP DIVE -- "The Crazy True Story of Trump Moscow: The Definitive Story Of How Trump's Team Worked The Trump Moscow Deal During The Campaign," by BuzzFeed's Anthony Cormier and Jason Leopold: "All through the hot summer campaign of 2016, as Donald Trump and his aides dismissed talk of unseemly ties to Moscow, two of his key business partners were working furiously on a secret track: negotiations to build what would have been the tallest building in Europe and an icon of the Trump empire — the Trump World Tower Moscow. ...
"The documents reveal a detailed and plausible plan, well-connected Russian counterparts, and an effort that extended from spearfishing with a Russian developer on a private island to planning for a mid-campaign trip to Moscow for the presidential candidate himself. ... Michael Cohen, the president's embattled personal fixer, and Felix Sater, who helped negotiate deals around the world for Trump, led the effort. Working quietly behind the scenes, they tried to arrange a sit-down between Trump and Putin, the documents show." https://bzfd.it/2ILRqn5

WHAT STEPHEN MILLER IS READING -- "Trump's ICE Is Increasingly Arresting Immigrants Without Criminal Convictions," by HuffPost's Elise Foley: "About two-thirds of those arrested by ICE from October 2017 to the end of March had no criminal convictions — up from 21 percent during the same period the year before and only 13 percent the year before that. ICE officials noted that some of the arrested immigrants had been charged with a crime but not convicted." http://bit.ly/2rTaiXx

Year 2 of Mueller begins: "Bigger than Watergate"?
"Trump’s allies
are waging an increasingly aggressive campaign to undercut the Russia investigation by exposing the role of a top-secret FBI source," the WashPost reports.
  • Trump tweets: "Wow, word seems to be coming out that the Obama FBI 'SPIED ON THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WITH AN EMBEDDED INFORMANT.' Andrew McCarthy says, 'There’s probably no doubt that they had at least one confidential informant in the campaign.' If so, this is bigger than Watergate!"
Be smart: A CBS News poll this month shows that "Trump’s frequent attacks seem to be eroding confidence in the Mueller probe among Republicans," the L.A. Times notes.
The history ... "How Mueller’s First Year Compares To Watergate, Iran-Contra And Whitewater," by FiveThirtyEight's Amelia Thomson-DeVeaux:
  • "In terms of the number of charges he’s been able to file, Mueller is moving quickly. At one year after the formal appointment of a special or independent counsel, only the Watergate special prosecution force had obtained more indictments and guilty pleas."
  • Key fact: "Watergate, Iran-Contra and Whitewater all had one thing in common: They lasted at least four years."
"Rip them apart" ... Rudy Giuliani, a member of Trump's legal team, to Fox's Laura Ingraham on what he thinks Mueller's timeline should be:
  • "They should do it today. ... I think that they have the facts from which they can write their report. If you’re going to write a fair report, fine, write it. If you’re going to write an unfair report, write it and we will combat it."
  • "We’re ready to rip to it apart, and we’re ready to rip them apart, if that’s what they want. We would rather peacefully settle this and get it over with."

jmcc

PI Member
Threads
Perhaps what Trump is doing is using the diplomacy of business to get things done rather than using diplomacy to ensure that nothing gets done.

The important thing is how the Korean situation works out. As can be seen above, Bob the Spammer's tactic of spamming threads to prevent discussion is all he's got. No doubt the bit of good news about the US/Chinese trade will be spammed to oblivion.

Top Bottom