Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Trump Supporters storm Capitol Hill

Charlottesweb

PI Member
Are Muz.zie's who demand special food Snowflakes Madam?

Do you mean adherents to the religion of islam, who according to the laws of their faith are forbidden to eat certain things?

I would have said requesting or demanding certain food for genuine religious reasons is reasonable. Making accommodation for religious beliefs is an imperative of the constitution.

Demanding organic food because you claim you get sick otherwise is snowflakey. Hes not in a restaurant so he does not get to choose. Suck it up.

Myles O'Reilly

PI Member
You're all over the place Sweetheart. Again, its no surprise to see a woman wriggling around to make excuses for members of that religion.

What's genuine about needing an animal's throat cut while its still alive? What's genuine about not touching a food that's killed humanely?
What's genuine about thinking Pork products are of the Devil himself?

On the one hand you think the above is progressive but someone with apparent actual allergies is nonsense.

What the phukk girl?

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Academia is truly a lost cause. This piece, by two academics, is terrible even by academic standards. There's no substance, not even half arsed attempts at debunking; it's essentially just waffling about conspiracy theorists cloaked in academic language. A piece like this should persuade no one, as there's nothing persuasive about it. The likes of the Journal would of once been considered nothing but a student union blog, something to laugh and not take seriously, yet in the now, many treat it as a credible news outlet.

It's no coincidence that some of those storming the US Capitol were New Age conspiracists

I actually know who Tristan Sturm is- he has made a career out of trying portray gobshyte, often poor, Evangelical Christians in Seppo Land as the really sinister powerful force in the situation in Palestine. The thing is though that these people have been utter failures when it has come to overturning roe vs wade and generally lose all their political battles internal to the United States- and yet they are supposed to have real muscle in Tel Aviv and Washington? Look at the face on him;

Charlottesweb

PI Member
You're all over the place Sweetheart. Again, its no surprise to see a woman wriggling around to make excuses for members of that religion.

What's genuine about needing an animal's throat cut while its still alive? What's genuine about not touching a food that's killed humanely?
What's genuine about thinking Pork products are of the Devil himself?

On the one hand you think the above is progressive but someone with apparent actual allergies is nonsense.

What the phukk girl?

You are some tulip. My username does not reflect my gender. Its a book. I dont know how many times i have to point that out here but your response is telling how as to how you view women.

There is no mention in the story of this chap having allergies. You are reading that into the story. There is no evidence or suggestion that he has any medical issue at all other than a claim that he must have "organic" food. Ive never heard of such an ailment have you?

As to halal meats etc, im not interested in commenting on that as its not the point. There is a significant fundamental constitutional issue re any religion practising their faith which means that under the law, accommodation must be made to respect yheir religion. For example, ive no doubt a catholic in us prison can insist on no meat on good friday.

DrPat2

PI Member
You are some tulip. My username does not reflect my gender. Its a book. I dont know how many times i have to point that out here but your response is telling how as to how you view women.

There is no mention in the story of this chap having allergies. You are reading that into the story. There is no evidence or suggestion that he has any medical issue at all other than a claim that he must have "organic" food. Ive never heard of such an ailment have you?

As to halal meats etc, im not interested in commenting on that as its not the point.
There is a significant fundamental constitutional issue re any religion practising their faith which means that under the law, accommodation must be made to respect yheir religion. For example, ive no doubt a catholic in us prison can insist on no meat on good friday.
Oh, so you find it difficult to rationalise and defend and you don't want to address it because you are not interested in it.

But then you slip in a watery constitutional recognition of religious practice and refer to "a catholic (small "c") in us prison".

Get up the yard, you spoofer.

Anglophile

PI Member
Yeah right - Anglophiliac, the expert on all things Nazi. :rolleyes:

Hitler was found guilty of treason and sentenced to five years in prison after the Beer Hall Putsch.

He served nine months before he was pardoned in the name of "unity and healing."

And after that, as we all know, everything was fine.....o_O

Top Bottom