• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Real Europe Trump played down the threat of COVID 19

OP
Real Europe

Real Europe

PI Member
Donald Trump has defended his approach in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic following claims he admitted he was playing down the US outbreak.

According to Rage, a new book by journalist Bob Woodward, the US president appeared to understand the threat of COVID-19 as he was telling the nation it was no worse than the flu.

"This is deadly stuff," Mr Trump is quoted as saying on 7 February. "Its also more deadly than even your strenuous flus."

On 19 March, Woodward says Mr Trump told him: "I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down because I don't want to create a panic."

Greengoose

PI Member
When someone shouts "FIRE" the average punter will rush for the door, trampling all in his/her path. Just a thought...

roc_

PI Member
He cannot not have realised there are people so stupid out there that they would take his various pronouncements at face value. Even on this forum there are many such idiots testament to that.

Sham dÓg

PI Member
He cannot not have realised there are people so stupid out there that they would take his various pronouncements at face value. Even on this forum there are many such idiots testament to that.

Speaking of idiots - check this out (note he addresses China and Italy - what a mad bastard) -

Also roc_ are you aware Trump was one of the first leaders to promotote Hydroxychloroquine - ie - THE CURE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

roc_

PI Member
Also roc_ are you aware Trump was one of the first leaders to promotote Hydroxychloroquine - ie - THE CURE FOR THIS BULLSHIT.
Yes, he promoted it while being fully aware of the following -

Another fine example of how toxic ideology mixed with sociopathy reduces the US presidential office and imperils reasonable, sensible action.

Sham dÓg

PI Member

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down because I don't want to create a panic."

whats the problem?

bells of shandon

PI Member
Trump was correct on the CO19. Present Data has proven it is no worse than a seasonal 'flu as to deaths.
He was correct on HCQ as a Prophylactic and a treatment, in association with Zinc supplement and Azithromycin . but vested interests in Big Pharma and their toadies in the MSM have demonised this to protect their flow of profits.

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Speaking of idiots - check this out (note he addresses China and Italy - what a mad bastard) -

Leo the Plank ! ! What a Planker ! !

roc_

PI Member
Trump was correct on the CO19. Present Data has proven it is no worse than a seasonal 'flu as to deaths.
He was correct on HCQ as a Prophylactic and a treatment, in association with Zinc supplement and Azithromycin . but vested interests in Big Pharma and their toadies in the MSM have demonised this to protect their flow of profits.
Even if you took the worst flu years, you never had lock downs, social distancing, masks, etc, with flu outbreaks, so you're not comparing like with like.

As to HCQ, read the letter I posted above, don't dismiss it with the usual devices, judge it on the information and arguments it actually contains.

As to the hypothesis that big pharma sabotaged its use as a treatment, there are countless facts which undermine that as a hypothesis, no doubt these type of facts are deliberately, carefully, circumvented and excluded, so as to keep this bit of sensationalism alive.

Top Bottom