Trump Nominates Pro-Life Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Judge Brett Kavanaugh

A fantastic day for the Pro Life Movement worldwide. And we know that whatever the Americans do, the muppet elite in Ireland will soon be trotting after. The Irish gobshites voted for mass child murder - just as the advanced nations are coming to the understanding that abortion has devastated their societies. Ireland is usually fifty years behind the advanced nations in everything, but let's hope we can overturn the atrocity of abortion in Ireland a lot sooner than fifty years.

President Donald Trump Nominates Pro-Life-Friendly Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court | LifeNews.com

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I would not get too excited over this Bush employee. Same old establishment as always. We shall see.

During his confirmation hearing in 2006 for the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Kavanaugh stated that he considered Roe v. Wade binding under the principle of stare decisis and would seek to uphold the ruling of the higher court.[25] However, he also ruled in favor of abortion restrictions in several cases.[26][27][28]

In May 2006, Kavanaugh stated he "would follow Roe v. Wade faithfully and fully" and that the issue of the legality of abortion has already "been decided by the Supreme Court".[25] During the hearing, he stated that a right to an abortion has been found "many times", citing Planned Parenthood v. Casey.[25]
He's not particularly great on abortion. An uninspired choice in my opinion. It should've been Amy Coney Barrett.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
He's not particularly great on abortion. An uninspired choice in my opinion. It should've been Amy Coney Barrett.
We can only hope for the best, I suppose. That's the trouble with so called "democracy," you always have to pick the lowest common denominator rather than the person of real talent and integrity.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
The theory is that she would have zero chance of getting confirmed. Kavanagh has a much better chance. The republicans might actually pick up a few Senate seats so she might make it next year.

Top Bottom