• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Trigger alert - national Gallery presents Alternative Sexuality groups with fabrication and conjecture

• Thread starter Retired Member
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 544
R

Retired Member

Non Registered Member

I’m posting this is the Irish legends and Mythology section for two reasons.
1. It correctly classifies this National
gallery tour.
2. I couldn’t find an Alternative Sexuality forum.
This is a completely absurd tour paid for by tax payers money. What these so called art experts say is completely false. Play to the end to hear what they say about the Master, Carrivagio and The Taking of Christ. It insults our intelligence. How are they getting away with this revisionism?

Feel free to email
Sinéad Kathy Rice
Head of Education

National Gallery of Ireland
E: srice@ngi.ie
And ask her how The Taking of Christ is associated with Alternative sexuality?

Here’s the transcript of the last piece on Carrivagio but do listen to the whole segment above.
(Re Caravaggio) The reason this is included in the LGBT tour is two fold. 1 is the subject matter- the moment where Judas kisses Jesus as a signal to the Roman soldiers about who to arrest. If you take out the religious context, it is a painting of defiance. The focus is on two men embracing and the soldiers coming in and arresting or attacking them. It’s a painting of defiance from a secular point of view and a painting of defiance from a religious point of view. So you have Jesus standing up to those who are going against him.

The other link is Caravaggio himself. There were really conflicting rumours about Caravaggio in his lifetime. On the one hand he was seen as a womaniser (only rumours) but on the other hand there were rumours of his having an affair with his assistant Cecco del Caravaggio. Two bases to these rumours – one slanderous accusations laid against him by a fellow artist at the time in the late 1500’s but the other side are the paintings he painted early in his career when he got to Rome. Some of them are possibly of Cecco del Caravaggio and there are homo erotic themes within them – quite intense, quite passionate – and they add an extra layer to that story. However, we can’t put 100% certainty on them as no documentary evidence and that’s the case for many of the paintings included in the tour. But still a link worth bringing attention to.

Kiss between Judas & Jesus – actual story is straight forward. It had to be a kiss – very specific signal. In the case of the non-religious angle which I’m nudging, it’s quite an intimate embrace but one of the figures, Jesus is pulling away. Their closeness and the fact that Judas is still looking in on him adds to the intensity as well as soldiers closing in.

Would it be fair to say that Caravaggio is a bit of a gay icon? I think now, definitely. The intensity and cinemagraphicquality of his work has drawn the LGBT community to his paintings. Also, the early work by him of Cecco del Caravaggio with homo erotic tones draws the community in and I think because we are a community that doesn’t have an inherited history it’s important to keep seeking out these story lines, not only in the historical documents but also in figures, imagery and story and Caravaggio plays quite nicely into both of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tessa

PI Member
Jesus wept.

This will be a economic failure but whats the betting straight people get blamed because "homophobia"

At least we know where all the school tours will be this new term.

OP
D

Deleted member 2946

Non Registered Member
The gallery has a lot of other paintings, by the way. I amn't an expert on art, but I know that there is a lot of Christian art on the top floor.

OP
D

Deleted member 2946

Non Registered Member
That will be moved to allow all the gay shit to be on display.
The new exhibitions are always in the same room. There are so many paintings in the permanent room that you could study them for weeks, probably. Few people seem to know there is such a treasure trove in the middle of the city.

OP
R

Retired Member

Non Registered Member
Must ask are they doing a
Tour for Christmas.

OP
D

Deleted member 2946

Non Registered Member
Or maybe revise all the Christian art for diversity and inclusion revisionism.
Revisionism seems anti-intellectual. I would suggest learning the historical approach, and then considering some experimental approaches.

Storybud2

PI Member
Fooktards just keep trying to explain their ideology no matter the cost to common sense,

Are they deliberately trying to start a fourth Reich in the west of what ? cos if they keep it up, that is what will happen
when the other 98% of the population desert the middle ground and get sick of this retard nonsense,

Top Bottom