Top of the Pops - The 1980s

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
For some reason I've just remembered when Thin Lizzy and The Sex Pistols came together to form a group called "The Greedy Bastards".
This was a short lived collaboration and as far as I recall they only had one Top of The Pops appearance where because of BBC sensibilities they renamed themselves "The Greedies".
It was their Christmas song for 1979 where in this case the lineout had both Thin Lizzy and Sex Pistols Drummers playing at the same time and where the Sex Pistols Bass Player was taking the place of one of Thin Lizzys guitarists.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For some reason I've just remembered when Thin Lizzy and The Sex Pistols came together to form a group called "The Greedy Bastards".
This was a short lived collaboration and as far as I recall they only had one Top of The Pops appearance where because of BBC sensibilities they renamed themselves "The Greedies".
It was their Christmas song for 1979 where in this case the lineout had both Thin Lizzy and Sex Pistols Drummers playing at the same time and where the Sex Pistols Bass Player was taking the place of one of Thin Lizzys guitarists.

Never heard of this - lol. they really were taking the idea of a rock and roll swindle to the limit.

Mowl

PI Member
Buzzing thread.

Loads of links to forgotten stuff; glad I'm not the only micro-kid on site.

Here's three things I listened to tonight that have fuck all to do with each other except perhaps a state of mind.

In fact, that's a lie - even through this dry Martini haze the titles are a dead give-away.

The Revenants: 'Let's Get Falling Down' (1980's)*

Warren Zevon: 'Lawyers, Guns, And Money' (1980's)

Talking Heads: 'Naive Melody' (1980's)

Still, a short Cuban cigar with a nicely mixed Martini is hard to beat in these climes.

And thank fuck for drinking music of a Saturday evening when the northern temperatures drop this low.

* Great Dublin band, criminally under-rated though...

Mowl

PI Member
Fuck it: here's three or four Irish classics that never got the airplay they deserved.

Imagine any of these composers or bands had access to Abbey Road rather than Temple Bar or even Bunny Carr?

Damn.

The Blades: 'Downmarket' (Album version - 1980's)

Whipping Boy: 'We Don't Need Nobody Else' (1980's)

The Fat Lady Sings: 'Arclight' (1980's)

*Hot tip for ex-pats: don't drink and surf..

Top Bottom