Too Far? Effigy of Grenfell Tower placed on 5th November bonfire.

Threads
Do you think had the EU a more restrictive immigration policy that incidents of this kind would be less or more frequent?
You are asking me whether a possible reason is a valid cause or is it just an excuse?

Well my opinion is that people like this will always nurse grievances and personal failures that they will seek to blame on others.

Even if you go way back in the UK alone, to a time well before mass immigration - the forbears of the type of people who burned the effigy, the type who think to treat the event as a "joke", or as a legitimate expression of an alleged grievance, etc, well you always see these type are always easily aroused by a certain type of rhetoric. Just one example - Evil May Day - Wikipedia

I have little doubt myself that the problem is based in ignorant, poorly educated, racist, malcontents, and it has little to do with the question of whether it is correct or desirable to alter current immigration policy. - The online racist right under which these racist savages were obviously under the influence of (the same as most as on this forum are) is little different in essence to odious hateful print based propaganda that has gone before, for example, I cited Der Sturmer as a prototype. (I took a quick look on the meme thread on here, and I would say it is certainly little different to what was in that erstwhile publication etc.).

radioledger

Donator
Premium Account
Political Irish
Threads

radioledger

Donator
Premium Account
Political Irish
Threads
Looks like the law is throwing the book at them, even if they are not charged their lives are being turned upside down.

They must be looking for anything to charge them with, even a pirated movie It seems.

Grenfell Tower bonfire: Police search property

A house linked to an "offensive" video showing a model of Grenfell Tower being burned on a bonfire has been searched by police.

Five men - two aged 49 and the others aged 19, 46 and 55 - were arrested on suspicion of a public order offence after handing themselves in.

Police officers left the South Norwood property taking evidence

The men have been arrested under section 4a of the Public Order Act 1986, which covers intentional "harassment, alarm or distress" caused via the use of "threatening, abusive or insulting" words or signs.

Offences committed on a private residence where a person "had no reason to believe" it would be "heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling" are protected from prosecution under the act.

Under the Public Order Act, racially or religiously aggravated offences carry a prison sentence of up to two years, a fine or both.

House searched in 'Grenfell bonfire' probe

missy

PI Member
Threads
Looks like the law is throwing the book at them, even if they are not charged their lives are being turned upside down.

They must be looking for anything to charge them with, even a pirated movie It seems.
This is the kind of OTT, extreme action that all too often backfires on the enforcers.

Threads
You are asking me whether a possible reason is a valid cause or is it just an excuse?

Well my opinion is that people like this will always nurse grievances and personal failures that they will seek to blame on others.

Even if you go way back in the UK alone, to a time well before mass immigration - the forbears of the type of people who burned the effigy, the type who think to treat the event as a "joke", or as a legitimate expression of an alleged grievance, etc, well you always see these type are always easily aroused by a certain type of rhetoric. Just one example - Evil May Day - Wikipedia

I have little doubt myself that the problem is based in ignorant, poorly educated, racist, malcontents, and it has little to do with the question of whether it is correct or desirable to alter current immigration policy. - The online racist right under which these racist savages were obviously under the influence of (the same as most as on this forum are) is little different in essence to odious hateful print based propaganda that has gone before, for example, I cited Der Sturmer as a prototype. (I took a quick look on the meme thread on here, and I would say it is certainly little different to what was in that erstwhile publication etc.).
So your answer is that immigration policy has little to do with any resentment triggered by same and that does who express crude resentment about such policies are ignorant and always right wing.

Immigration policy in other words can never be harmful to the host country.

But if you are right then protests such as this effigy burning would never have taken place.

You need to look at the wider picture.

Threads
And if it was only the effigy of the Palace of Wastemonster I'd be able to praise them as political martyrs.

It's frustrating because they are quite talented artisans. I mean that's an impressive replica, guys and gals. If only the cause was Guy Fawkesian instead of evil, eh?

Threads
So your answer is that immigration policy has little to do with any resentment triggered by same and that does who express crude resentment about such policies are ignorant and always right wing.

Immigration policy in other words can never be harmful to the host country.

But if you are right then protests such as this effigy burning would never have taken place.

You need to look at the wider picture.
By your logic you may as well say that women are responsible for the resentment that misogynist murderers and rapists feel towards their victims, that "triggered" them, and that to solve the problem these people cause our society, we attempt to do away with women.

Threads

Does this mean the perpetrator of this act hates Volkswagons and by extension the German people
and should therefore be arrested..?

Maybe its about the Touareg indigenous people of Africa and contains a subliminal racist message.?

At 3-32 it shows a wind farm windmill reflected in the back window and the pollution this fire causes is an obvious two fingers to the environmental lobby

It is clearly a hate crime at many levels.

Last edited:
Threads
By your logic you may as well say that women are responsible for the resentment that misogynist murderers and rapists feel towards their victims, that "triggered" them, and that to solve the problem these people cause our society, we attempt to do away with women.
You have avoided and evaded addressing the clear and obvious links between increased racial tensions and the disastrous EU immigration policy that has fueled and increased those tensions in host countries..

Fink

PI Member
Threads
Once again you smear posters and institutions, tell lies about them and when asked to be specific and post up corroborations you fail utterly.
You really really stink Fink.
No smear, you defended the Clergy and questioned the victims!!!!

Top Bottom