Timberrrrrrrrrrrrrr: UK economy contracts 0.4% in April

Sawdust

PI Member
yawn

Dan72

I love Jam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Brits were warned this Brexit ride would be nothing but bumpy.

We did warn them.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Theresa May said a hundred and something times that the UK would be leaving the UK at the end of March. Anticipating short term turmoil Car Manufacturers moved their annual maintenance shutdown from Summer to April. This explains completely this downward blip in manufacturing.

Nothing to see here, move along please.

Car manufacturing in the UK fell by 44.5 per cent in April after manufacturers brought their annual factory shutdowns forward to 29 March – the date on which Britain was supposed to leave the EU.

Several manufacturers with large factories in the UK – including MINI, Rolls-Royce and Vauxhall – decided not to reschedule their shutdowns a second time when Brexit was delayed, meaning 56,999 less cars rolled off production lines last month than in April 2018, according to figures from the SMMT (Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders).
UK manufacturing drops by nearly half amid Brexit factory shutdowns

BMW schedules annual UK factory shutdown to coincide with Brexit date
BMW schedules annual UK factory shutdown to coincide with Brexit date | DW | 18.09.2018

Dan72

I love Jam
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
And one skunk shouldn't ruin a party.

That reminds me, how come our DanEUFG was mute all three years since 2016 as the British economy boomed ahead?
You want to get yourself a dictionary and learn what the word boom means.

While you are at it do a little research on EU28 GDP stats too and make comparisons.

Oh also compare pre and post Brexit GDP figures too

And no I won't do it for you, see it as me setting you a task today.

You might actually learn something.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
You want to get yourself a dictionary and learn what the word boom means.

While you are at it do a little research on EU28 GDP stats too and make comparisons.

Oh also compare pre and post Brexit GDP figures too

And no I won't do it for you, see it as me setting you a task today.

You might actually learn something.
What you mean like this?
Germany's Bundesbank on Friday gave a bleak assessment of the country's current economic prospects, cutting its forecast for 2019 GDP growth to just 0.6% from the 1.6% it predicted in December.

It also lowered its prediction of 1.6% growth in 2020, made six months ago, to 1.2%.

"The German economy is currently experiencing a marked cooldown," the central bank said in a twice-yearly update of its predictions. "This is mainly due to the downturn in industry, where lackluster export growth is taking a toll."
Central bank slashes German growth predictions | DW | 07.06.2019

Top Bottom