Thoughts On Facebook?

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Possibly. It could be worse. It could be Twitter:
NYSE: TWTR - Google zoeken
There might be a few people getting a margin call as these take good hits. There are always lads chasing a parabolic top.
FB had a miserable attempt at a bounce today.
FB : Summary for Facebook, Inc. - Yahoo Finance

I was thinking of shorting Sam Adams but alas did not.
SAM : Summary for Boston Beer Company, Inc. (The) - Yahoo Finance

I have bet very heavily on deflation here and until 3 days ago, that was very painful.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
There might be a few people getting a margin call as these take good hits. There are always lads chasing a parabolic top.
FB had a miserable attempt at a bounce today.
FB : Summary for Facebook, Inc. - Yahoo Finance

I was thinking of shorting Sam Adams but alas did not.
SAM : Summary for Boston Beer Company, Inc. (The) - Yahoo Finance

I have bet very heavily on deflation here and until 3 days ago, that was very painful.

Given Zogbook's market dominance and profitability, if it goes down to 150 again I'll be a buyer.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
203.45 is the price that makes it the first trillion dollar company in history

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
The AAPL price to make a trillion was adjusted to 208 and change but it got there.

I shorted another 8 shares of FB and that makes my short position 66 shares at 159.61.
It closed at 183.09 so it needs to drop 23 dollars more for me to be even.

I am severely in a hole with a big short position in quite a few stocks so this trump rally has really hurt. It must be at it's limit though.

At this point, if you're still on Facebook, you're not merely putting your children's privacy at risk and aiding and abetting your would-be destroyer, you're downright stupid. I've never been banned from Facebook, I used it sparingly at best, and I got rid of my account anyhow. The ability to indirectly exchange pictures with your extended family or cyberstalk your high school boyfriend just isn't worth it.

If you need to have group communications, get on Idka. If you want more conventional social media, try Oneway. Or go radio dark if that suits you. But regardless, at the very least, deactivate your Facebook account and encourage your friends and family to do the same. It's not going to get better.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I just shorted another 14 shares at 176.33. It has risen a bit since so fingers are crossed. I am now short 80 shares at an average priCE of 162.70. So I am still down $1075 on this just one stock.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I own a lot of silver, fortunately bought for less than $5.

I believe what we are seeing is the onset of deflation here. Very few expect this scenario. Even fewer expect the interest rates will rise in a deflation.
The peaking of the housing market, pretty much accepted by many now and the reversing of the QE is going to kill it imo now. Today being an excellent example.
The Turkey is propping up the bond market for the moment.
I also shorted more of both MTN and AAPL, both big losers for me at the moment.

AAPL depends solely on Warren Buffet who has increased his holding even more this quarter. I think he has 240 million shares or thereabouts.
I in contrast am now short 94. I should short 6 more maybe but we shall see.
I am temped to buy some HL but will wait but would like to get back in

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I own a lot of silver, fortunately bought for less than $5.

I believe what we are seeing is the onset of deflation here. Very few expect this scenario. Even fewer expect the interest rates will rise in a deflation.
The peaking of the housing market, pretty much accepted by many now and the reversing of the QE is going to kill it imo now. Today being an excellent example.
The Turkey is propping up the bond market for the moment.
I also shorted more of both MTN and AAPL, both big losers for me at the moment.

AAPL depends solely on Warren Buffet who has increased his holding even more this quarter. I think he has 240 million shares or thereabouts.
I in contrast am now short 94. I should short 6 more maybe but we shall see.
I am temped to buy some HL but will wait but would like to get back in

I'd definitely say that Turkey is just the first crack in the face of emerging market debt. And the spreads between EM bonds and risk free Treasuries has been so small that investors don't have any buffer. I agree with you that the rest of this year could turn very ugly - particularly if the Fed goes ahead and hikes twice.

Top Bottom