Thoughts On Facebook?

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
I don't use it much myself, however as a point of principle I've decided to cease using it altogether.

It may have been a nice idea, but now it's clear that it's a tool of Western governments and so-called security agencies:

Facebook loses $40bn in share value over user data scandal

Facebook Says It Is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments

I guess many here will say it's essential for political networking/spreading the message etc, and I can understand that too.

I don't use it much myself, however as a point of principle I've decided to cease using it altogether.

It may have been a nice idea, but now it's clear that it's a tool of Western governments and so-called security agencies:

Facebook Says It Is Deleting Accounts at the Direction of the U.S. and Israeli Governments

I guess many here will say it's essential for political networking/spreading the message etc, and I can understand that too.
I see a lot of Liberals/Progressives are turning on Facebook recently, whats the angle here?
I was under the impression that Facebook shadow-censored conservative opinions and 'fake news' and fed liberal/pro globalist content to users. I left it myself years ago so am not privy.
I would have assumed that lefty progressive types would be all for Facebook as it disseminates their ideology and censored alternative viewpoints/

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Bought some shares in it this morning - doing really well at the moment. I expect all of this to blow over as Facebook is a CIA front operation anyway and they won't want their asset to be damaged. The bottom line is that FB, Twitter, Google, etc. all make their profits by spying on everyone who uses them.

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Donator
Premium Account
I've been thinking the latest scandals on Facebook are nothing more than the governments of the world trying to shut it down.

Facebook has been instrumental along with other social media applications like Twitter to change the dynamics of how we are influenced. With Facebook, the government have no control and these platforms have been considered to be influential in helping people like Tump become elected, Brexit to happen and movements like Five Star in Italy to be grown.

They have in the past tried algorithms to change how we see things on Facebook or change laws that make certain things illegal, however, Facebook is its own monster and it's virtually impossible to stop someone from finding something if they are getting links from friends and family.

What better way to get people off these platforms than a smear campaign, give us all the impression that Facebook is now big and nasty and we should get the hell of dodge.

Where will people get their news if not from the likes of Facebook now? Back to RTE, BBC etc?

I think if you're online at all -- you can be spied on with some of the full spectrum surveillance tech they have going.

In fact, we are hurtling to a stage where if you are offline, they can catch you too. And if cash is ever fully axed -- and that is on the cards -- your privacy is hardly going to be worth the paper its written on.

I dislike social media personally. More because of its addictive qualities and its dehumanising of personal interactionss than anything privacy related.

OP
OP
maxflinn

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
I see a lot of Liberals/Progressives are turning on Facebook recently, whats the angle here?
I was under the impression that Facebook shadow-censored conservative opinions and 'fake news' and fed liberal/pro globalist content to users. I left it myself years ago so am not privy.
I would have assumed that lefty progressive types would be all for Facebook as it disseminates their ideology and censored alternative viewpoints/
I don't use it much myself these days so wouldn't really know.

I use Twitter instead. There I can stick to political content without needing to see all the other pointless nonsense.

If you or family are abroad it is very helpful, and the only reason i kept it for years, but even then i deleted it myself years back.

Nearly half of U.S. adults get news on Facebook, Pew says
More than 40 percent of American adults get news on Facebook, according to a report published Thursday by the Pew Research Center and the Knight Foundation. (Disclosure: Knight is a supporter of the Lab.)

Two-thirds of Facebook users access news on the social platform, and with 67 percent of U.S. adults active on Facebook, that translates to 44 percent of the overall U.S. population which accesses news on the social platform, the study said.
If the above is true, its insane how powerful the platform is regarding spreading information, and if deep state forces around the world cannot control the content and its is effecting their message, then yes i could see them attacking it.
Facebook have tried to bend over backwards for governments Angela Merkel caught on hot mic pressing Facebook CEO over anti-immig… but the issue is of course, they are a global product who have global shareholders and so cannot hide their open biases like the bbc or similar can.

The technology side of it being less controllable makes sense in comparison to Twitter which is openly looking to lose money due to its attack on users that dont follow the pc line by just shadow banning them or banning outright and as the users are independent of each other in general, easier to hide or get away with. Facebook users tend to work within a extended family circle of friends, and if the wrong message is present for one of these people with influence then its much harder to silence them if not impossible in that group.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I've been thinking the latest scandals on Facebook are nothing more than the governments of the world trying to shut it down.

Facebook has been instrumental along with other social media applications like Twitter to change the dynamics of how we are influenced. With Facebook, the government have no control and these platforms have been considered to be influential in helping people like Tump become elected, Brexit to happen and movements like Five Star in Italy to be grown.

They have in the past tried algorithms to change how we see things on Facebook or change laws that make certain things illegal, however, Facebook is its own monster and it's virtually impossible to stop someone from finding something if they are getting links from friends and family.

What better way to get people off these platforms than a smear campaign, give us all the impression that Facebook is now big and nasty and we should get the hell of dodge.

Where will people get their news if not from the likes of Facebook now? Back to RTE, BBC etc?

Doubt if they want to shut it down, as it's the most elaborate spying operation ever created. But it has backfired on them in so far as Patriots are using it to get past the Régime media.

Top Bottom