Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

There are times that the Garda should turn a blind eye.

OP
page61

page61

PI Member
The thing is, imho, It's a drug war, Guns & marching powder and as posters have already mentioned many participants have been born into it's chaos and horror. It appears the only thing that works is to take the profit out of the system? For example Swiss and Dutch authorities actually supply the heroin and needles free of charge now. they probably tried all sorts of other initiatives but in the end it's 'Just give 'em what they want'. Can wider society see the benefits?

Same with the Cannabis, we don't realise just how much money is at stake, and the profits??? all gifted to Mr Kilstabber?
Better alternative exist, here's a factoid from last year for example . . .

"There was a time that Maine was famous for its potatoes and wild blueberries.
That is, until marijuana became its biggest agricultural commodity.
From January to October, sales of medical marijuana reached an outstanding $221.8 million! These figures are more than twice what was sold during the same period last year, according to the Portland Press Herald."

The real crime is maintaining the state of prohibition from which all other unpleasantness is unleashed . . .
Except for the prohibitive apparatus which earns it's pay accordingly. imo

it would be a great money maker , I wish they would legalise the weed. it would make sense but i suppose that decision would have to come from the EU . they are cracking down on the Dutch model and the is a bill at present to only allow residents access to the coffee shops.

icancani

PI Member
it would be a great money maker , I wish they would legalise the weed. it would make sense but i suppose that decision would have to come from the EU . they are cracking down on the Dutch model and the is a bill at present to only allow residents access to the coffee shops.
The UN & EU are both pro weed now, The EU always let countries choose their own system on that score. The Dutch and more the mayor of Amsterdam has been campaigning for changes and true there has been a crack down in holland for dutch too however apparently it's more to do with 'resetting' the market.
Here in Spain there's been a bit of a crackdown too, it looks like they too are making preparations to facilitate licensed growers/suppliers (social clubs) tighter regulations all round.
The beauty of the Spanish system is that one is allowed to grow between 2-5 plants privately in own casa which must bite into the dealers pie? The few times I saw cannabis changing hands it was big bunches given for free or @ €2-€4-gr. max at a local level.
The personal grower is safe and the town is safe, The simple rule is don't reveal and use it in the seen public area.
no persecution or punishment of the private person.
The police authority has it's role in closing down unlicensed commercial grows ect. The social clubs allow for a sensible regulation, they're very easy going places and surprising thing is most everyone is quite normal looking. Gov gets taxes along the way.
Everyone's Happy :cigar:

OP
page61

page61

PI Member
The UN & EU are both pro weed now, The EU always let countries choose their own system on that score. The Dutch and more the mayor of Amsterdam has been campaigning for changes and true there has been a crack down in holland for dutch too however apparently it's more to do with 'resetting' the market.
Here in Spain there's been a bit of a crackdown too, it looks like they too are making preparations to facilitate licensed growers/suppliers (social clubs) tighter regulations all round.
The beauty of the Spanish system is that one is allowed to grow between 2-5 plants privately in own casa which must bite into the dealers pie? The few times I saw cannabis changing hands it was big bunches given for free or @ €2-€4-gr. max at a local level.
The personal grower is safe and the town is safe, The simple rule is don't reveal and use it in the seen public area.
no persecution or punishment of the private person.
The police authority has it's role in closing down unlicensed commercial grows ect. The social clubs allow for a sensible regulation, they're very easy going places and surprising thing is most everyone is quite normal looking. Gov gets taxes along the way.
Everyone's Happy :cigar:
Rub it in why dont you lol

Karloff

PI Member
Darndale ,

Perhaps there is more to this than meets the eye but the level of criminality in places like darndale /priorswoord are ridiclous. I do not know how people would choose to live there.

The garda should close the roads, send in a couple of goons dressed as scumbags and go to town on them ..literally turn a blind eye .

The ironic thing is that, the state plan to build many more houses there and its surrounds.

They talk about scandals, the real scandal is how places like that have been abandoned to thugs and gangsters for generations. If the MI5 Garda head actually tried to do something about it he would have my respect, regardless of all other politics because God knows his predecessors were useless. Liberalism does not work here but there has been no change of tactic, the problem gets worse, the solution does not work and they don't change it.

As for drugs i would be in favour of the State forming a corporation which imports drugs from the cartels legally and cheaply and sells it at very low cost to proven junkies. Attack the money involved in the business. Not sell to ordinary people, proven habitual druggies only the main regular customers of the criminals, use the proceeds to fund rehabilitation services and community facilities.

Eriugena

PI Member
They talk about scandals, the real scandal is how places like that have been abandoned to thugs and gangsters for generations. If the MI5 Garda head actually tried to do something about it he would have my respect, regardless of all other politics because God knows his predecessors were useless. Liberalism does not work here but there has been no change of tactic, the problem gets worse, the solution does not work and they don't change it.

As for drugs i would be in favour of the State forming a corporation which imports drugs from the cartels legally and cheaply and sells it at very low cost to proven junkies. Attack the money involved in the business. Not sell to ordinary people, proven habitual druggies only the main regular customers of the criminals, use the proceeds to fund rehabilitation services and community facilities.
This would not solve the problem of criminality involved in the use of recreational drugs. Most of the illegal drugs consumed is not by junkies.

Karloff

PI Member
This would not solve the problem of criminality involved in the use of recreational drugs. Most of the illegal drugs consumed is not by junkies.
You make a good point. Cocaine and yuppies in particular.

Top Bottom