The World's Best Military Marches

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I cant find it now but their Hymn of the Assassination Squads is particularly chilling.

They were really something else; their slogan was "Long Live Death!" and they had this ritual that to join them they would all gather around and cut themselves so that the blood of the new recruit would be mingled with the others in the cell or "nest" and than they would mix the blood with wine and all drink it. Also they got soil from all parts of Romania and mixed together and than put it into little bags that their members would wear around their necks. Their leader Cornelius Codreanu was this immensely numinous daemonic character. Mircea Eliade the famous mythologist as well as E.M. Cioran who is famous outside the anglo-sphere as a pessismistic philosopher as well as this very famous Romanian playwright who's name I cant remember now were all part of them (though this isnt something they shouted about in their post WWII careers). They were much more interesting than the Hitlerites in my opinion.

Yes, Romania is a fascinating and magical land. I've been there several times and spent a couple of months in the Carpathian mountains. The Otherworld is always near at hand.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Yes, Romania is a fascinating and magical land. I've been there several times and spent a couple of months in the Carpathian mountains. The Otherworld is always near at hand.
Indeed. A friend of mine is a novice in an Old Calendarist covenant there hidden away in the woods which doesnt use electricity- literally they are living very much in the Middle Ages. One of the reasons that they are fascinating is that they are a mixture of Latins and Dacians (who are a very mysterious people) and not Slavs, Levantines or Greeks and yet they are integrally very much a part of the Byzantine cultural sphere.

Ren84

PI Member

yore

Banned
PI Member
I cant find it now but their Hymn of the Assassination Squads is particularly chilling.

They were really something else; their slogan was "Long Live Death!" and they had this ritual that to join them they would all gather around and cut themselves so that the blood of the new recruit would be mingled with the others in the cell or "nest" and than they would mix the blood with wine and all drink it. Also they got soil from all parts of Romania and mixed together and than put it into little bags that their members would wear around their necks. Their leader Cornelius Codreanu was this immensely numinous daemonic character. Mircea Eliade the famous mythologist as well as E.M. Cioran who is famous outside the anglo-sphere as a pessismistic philosopher as well as this very famous Romanian playwright who's name I cant remember now were all part of them (though this isnt something they shouted about in their post WWII careers). They were much more interesting than the Hitlerites in my opinion.
Can you stop calling mircea a fascist first & foremost? his literature by itself is fascinating

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Can you stop calling mircea a fascist first & foremost? his literature by itself is fascinating
No Fascist should be only used about things referring to Italian Fascism. Eliade most likely to his dying day was a sympathizer with the Romanian Legionary movement but I would not say that even than that defines the majority of his intellectual and cultural work.

Bustedshaun

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

maupin

PI Member

Eliade. Yes. Possibly the only intellectual who truly understood what it was all about.

Top Bottom