The World's Best Military Marches

MrX

PI Member
We beat the brits militarily. London had the aim of keeping Ireland inside the UK with a Scottish style devolved administration in Dublin. That failed and a free Ireland was achieved. We won the war.
Nonsense, the British sent in token forces, imagine the fool strength of the British Army in Ireland.

And what war was won? Have you forgotten Ireland was part of the UK at the time, Irish soldiers battled with Irish rebels, the rebels won independence from the UK, but that was down to politics not war.

Ren84

PI Member
Nonsense, the British sent in token forces, imagine the fool strength of the British Army in Ireland.

And what war was won? Have you forgotten Ireland was part of the UK at the time, Irish soldiers battled with Irish rebels, the rebels won independence from the UK, but that was down to politics not war.
Are you John Briton? Lol, talk about historical revionism. We Irish beat your Brit army, suck it up! :D ;)

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we could get back to the topic of this thread, which is military marching songs - not who won what war or who was right or who was wrong or who has the best army. We are only interested in the best songs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-DgRO1SrQ

SwordOfStCatherine

The most fascinating and alluring of the inter-war Fascist movements was the Romanian Legion of the Arch Angel Michael/Iron Guard (I dont consider the German Conservative Revolutionary current or National Bolsheviks to have been "Fascist"- no mind Action Francaise in France, but Im sure some here will disagree with me on that; but if you want open a thread on the question). They had to my soul some really haunting Marching music;

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The most fascinating and alluring of the inter-war Fascist movements was the Romanian Legion of the Arch Angel Michael/Iron Guard (I dont consider the German Conservative Revolutionary current or National Bolsheviks to have been "Fascist"- no mind Action Francaise in France, but Im sure some here will disagree with me on that; but if you want open a thread on the question). They had to my soul some really haunting Marching music;

That is indeed wonderfully evocative music. I've never heard it before, thanks for posting a chara.

SwordOfStCatherine

That is indeed wonderfully evocative music. I've never heard it before, thanks for posting a chara.
I cant find it now but their Hymn of the Assassination Squads is particularly chilling.

They were really something else; their slogan was "Long Live Death!" and they had this ritual that to join them they would all gather around and cut themselves so that the blood of the new recruit would be mingled with the others in the cell or "nest" and than they would mix the blood with wine and all drink it. Also they got soil from all parts of Romania and mixed together and than put it into little bags that their members would wear around their necks. Their leader Cornelius Codreanu was this immensely numinous daemonic character. Mircea Eliade the famous mythologist as well as E.M. Cioran who is famous outside the anglo-sphere as a pessismistic philosopher as well as this very famous Romanian playwright who's name I cant remember now were all part of them (though this isnt something they shouted about in their post WWII careers). They were much more interesting than the Hitlerites in my opinion.

Top Bottom