The Wild West thread

DS86DS

PI Member
I am a big fan of all things Wild West and have been for over 20 years. Be it Clint Eastwood movies, or HBO's Deadwood or Red Dead Redemption or the stories and art of the Wild West.

I find Western movies, games and art the ultimate form of escapism. The rugged landscapes of the American West have enchanted my mind since I was a child.

I am no less fascinated with the Wild West now playing Red Dead Redemption from when I was a child reading picture books depicting the American Wild West of the 19th century full of Cowboys and Indians.

From the bravery at the Alamo, to tales of Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, the Earp brothers and Billy the Kid.....the Wild West fascinates me.

Would be good to hear from anybody else who is a Wild West fanatic as well.

Last edited:
I am a big fan of all things Wild West and have been for over 20 years. Be it Clint Eastwood movies, or HBO's Deadwood or Red Dead Redemption or the stories and art of the Wild West.

I find Western movies, games and art the ultimate form of escapism. The rugged landscapes of the American West have enchanted my mind since I was a child.

I am no less fascinated with the Wild West now playing Red Dead Redemption from when I was a child reading picture books depicting the American Wild West of the 19th century full of Cowboys and Indians.

From the bravery at the Alamo, to tales of Jesse James, Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill, the Earp brothers and Billy the Kid.....the Wild West fascinates me.

Would be good to hear from anybody else who is a Wild West fanatic as well.

Red Dead Redemption, GTA on horses :)

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Don't play that many games now but young enough... Spectrum and Commodore 64 were the machines I had when I was a kid :)

I have a PS3 (gathering dust) but probably will buy the latest (console) when Rock*'s iconic game comes out again... GTA 6 (that's why I bought the PS3)

Plus the last game I played - The Last of Us was pretty darn good.

DS86DS

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Interesting fact about The Dollars Trilogy including the Good, the Bad and the Ugly is that they were filmed in the Tabernas desert in Spain back in the 1960s. General Franco must have been a fan of the Western himself.

In today's Liberal Spain, Hollyweird would probably shit out a Western "love story" between two gay Cowboys with the town sheriff portrayed by a Pakistani Muslim.

Interesting fact about The Dollars Trilogy including the Good, the Bad and the Ugly is that they were filmed in the Tabernas desert in Spain back in the 1960s. General Franco must have been a fan of the Western himself.

In today's Liberal Spain, Hollyweird would probably shit out a Western "love story" between two gay Cowboys with the town sheriff portrayed by a Pakistani Muslim.
I'm not that much into Westerns DS but I always remember as a kid my best mate was mad into them, so was his (older) brother and they watched them all the time.. A fistful of.. whatever you're having..

I used to sort of sit through them (in their gaff) kinda bored.. then one day the television played 'The Unforgiven'.. and I always remember.. saying to them, what the fuck is going on? Why isn't Clint kicking ass? And they smiled.. (they had seen it already)

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption, GTA on horses :)

Yeah, I enjoyed it. Don't play that many games now but young enough... Spectrum and Commodore 64 were the machines I had when I was a kid :)

I have a PS3 (gathering dust) but probably will buy the latest (console) when Rock*'s iconic game comes out again... GTA 6 (that's why I bought the PS3)

Plus the last game I played - The Last of Us was pretty darn good.
Back when PewDiePie (The King of YouTube) played games and was funny..

page61

PI Member

I
The paintings are amazing, the cowboy with his back is brilliant as is the other

page61

PI Member
Saturday morning , my dad used to watch the re runs of westerns , we used to watch them together. Gary Cooper, Burt Lancaster, Shane , High noon ,The man who shot liberty valence, the James gang Bob michum ,Bonanza ect

We were ,like most Irish ,always partial to the Indians , i used to love the movie that Lancaster played the Indian in

There were some great bit actors in them as well .

What though do you think was the last great western ?

Top Bottom