Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

"The Wicklow People aren't happy about this. It's just shocked us in the heart." -Wicklow local on asylum centre plans on Grand Torino's livestream

OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member
Grand Hotel management hits out at “negative noise” protests against DPC

In a letter-to-the-editor sent to WicklowNews, director of Fire_break — the company which assumed control of The Grand Hotel in 2017 — Adrian Shanagher acknowledged those concerns, before claiming that they were in the minority.

“Whilst I must acknowledge the very good kind people of the town who have contacted us, they are by far in the minority and their message of positivity is lost in the wave of negative noise,” he said.

“That noise comes for example from:

• Self-proclaimed Irish nationalists with Irish Spelled names from border counties.
  • Racist and bigoted “Ireland is for the Irish”, lock up your daughters, mathematically illiterate YouTubers
  • Sons of local business owners with a sense of entitlement who have a self-interest and verbal diarrhoea.
“It is also clear that the matter has been hijacked by national media and local politicians’ own rhetoric for their own goals.

“Social media has a huge amount to answer for! It is akin to thinking out loud and much more dangerous.

“In any event, this loss of business will affect local jobs/our staff and local suppliers we buy from. God knows Wicklow Town needs both jobs and “local business supporting local business”. It also needs a more joined up approach to attracting business and enterprise and suffers from significant dereliction. Local politicians have reportedly said that they couldn’t care less about the jobs or that they couldn’t care less that the non-bedroom portion of the hotel remaining open to serve the community,” Shanagher added.

Mr. Shanagher said that the year-on-year loss of revenue at the hotel forced his hand towards agreeing to turn the hotel into direct provision, citing prior incidents of the premises going into liquidation.

“The financial history of this hotel is interesting but turbulent,” he said.

“In 2010, the hotel operator entered examinership, a financial cleansing process. In 2017, a previous operator went into liquidation owning taxes, employees, 4 years rates and suppliers. Since then we have invested about 800,000 euro, sales have dropped 15% in 2018 and the business has lost over 200,000 euro at an operating level whilst all the time paying rates, taxes, employees etc.

“Much of our business is attracted from outside the county by us directly. If that is what passes as support from the local community, I would hate to offend the locals, although it appears that I have.

“I personally am not prepared to invest further sums, invest management time and continue to lose money relying on the local community to any great extent. Hence our interest in serving the Department of Justice.

“All customers choosing to continue using our non-bedroom services will be welcomed with open arms. However, in the alternative, the hotel will close with the resultant loss of amenity, jobs and contribution to the locality. That is the simple practical position given the reaction of the past week and cancellation of business by local patrons.

“Stripping the noise out of the equation, there is an opportunity here for the people of Wickow to grasp and embrace. To demonstrate that they are the kind of town that welcomes “outsiders”, Irish or not. If the local community want to demonstrate that they wish to support the hotel, now is their chance unfettered by outside media and political interests,” Shanagher said.

Grand Hotel management hits out at "negative noise" protests against DPC

civic_critic

PI Member
This gombeen thinks he can overrule the feelings of the people and impose his own social engineering to make cash for himself. He is an arrogant bastard. He has insulted a large cohort of people with his sneering characterisations. Fuck him. The people should rise in the face of this; he expresses the same contempt for the population as the rest of his class of profiteers who have built a country where they can throw 800 dead children in a sewage tank without challenge - to this day.

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member
Is having an Irish spelled name or being from the border counties meant to be some sort of insult. The neck on these parasites is unreal I'm just surprised he's so open about it.
When I saw the OP I thought Kershaw put that stuff in for effect! 😅

Yer man is withering under pressure.

Irish Warrior

Donator
Premium
PI Member
Replies from whoever is behind Wicklow Against Direct Provision-

This is a meeting tailored towards locals the presence of outsiders particularly those associated with violence as is the individual you mentioned is not appreciated and strongly cautioned against.

Named person, associated with violence by being attacked by dissident republicans for speaking against what you now find yourself against? I see, you're another bunch of jokers with a feeble opinion and no spines. You will fail because you're weak, enjoy that and your hotel being taken over. This needs to be a national issue where all the Irish stand as one. Not a bunch of I'm better than you because of my opinion of myself and self importance. I will spread the word as your attitude is not appreciated nor what this country needs. I have no time for complete imbeciles that think they know what they're doing. I have seen your type all over Ireland which is why it's in the mess it's in. You'll do absolutely nothing about who chooses to show up, local or otherwise at a public meeting that has been advertised publicly.

Reply very much appreciated and very much a validation of comments made before-locals will be informed in advance to avoid connection to this particular outsider oafish organisation for fear of bringing campaign against centre into disrepute. Thanks for getting in touch.

This meeting is a Fianna Fail ruse.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium

Notachipanoaktree

PI Member
Isn't it about time that the rattle-snake O'Coleman started attracting some heavy duty protesters as he slithers out of Newstalk off the green or at least some neighbors from Sudan.
Whats' the demographics of the South-Sudanese new Wicklow folk. How many men/women.children/male/female adolescence.

Family in South Sudan auctions off child bride on Facebook 01:40
(CNN)Facebook has come under fire for a "barbaric use of technology" that allowed the sale of a child bride to be held on its site.

Australia ops out of accepting African Refugees after years of butchery.

Last edited:

bestinclass

PI Member
Grand Hotel management hits out at “negative noise” protests against DPC

In a letter-to-the-editor sent to WicklowNews, director of Fire_break — the company which assumed control of The Grand Hotel in 2017 — Adrian Shanagher acknowledged those concerns, before claiming that they were in the minority.

“Whilst I must acknowledge the very good kind people of the town who have contacted us, they are by far in the minority and their message of positivity is lost in the wave of negative noise,” he said.

“That noise comes for example from:

• Self-proclaimed Irish nationalists with Irish Spelled names from border counties.
  • Racist and bigoted “Ireland is for the Irish”, lock up your daughters, mathematically illiterate YouTubers
  • Sons of local business owners with a sense of entitlement who have a self-interest and verbal diarrhoea.
“It is also clear that the matter has been hijacked by national media and local politicians’ own rhetoric for their own goals.

“Social media has a huge amount to answer for! It is akin to thinking out loud and much more dangerous.

“In any event, this loss of business will affect local jobs/our staff and local suppliers we buy from. God knows Wicklow Town needs both jobs and “local business supporting local business”. It also needs a more joined up approach to attracting business and enterprise and suffers from significant dereliction. Local politicians have reportedly said that they couldn’t care less about the jobs or that they couldn’t care less that the non-bedroom portion of the hotel remaining open to serve the community,” Shanagher added.

Mr. Shanagher said that the year-on-year loss of revenue at the hotel forced his hand towards agreeing to turn the hotel into direct provision, citing prior incidents of the premises going into liquidation.

“The financial history of this hotel is interesting but turbulent,” he said.

“In 2010, the hotel operator entered examinership, a financial cleansing process. In 2017, a previous operator went into liquidation owning taxes, employees, 4 years rates and suppliers. Since then we have invested about 800,000 euro, sales have dropped 15% in 2018 and the business has lost over 200,000 euro at an operating level whilst all the time paying rates, taxes, employees etc.

“Much of our business is attracted from outside the county by us directly. If that is what passes as support from the local community, I would hate to offend the locals, although it appears that I have.

“I personally am not prepared to invest further sums, invest management time and continue to lose money relying on the local community to any great extent. Hence our interest in serving the Department of Justice.

“All customers choosing to continue using our non-bedroom services will be welcomed with open arms. However, in the alternative, the hotel will close with the resultant loss of amenity, jobs and contribution to the locality. That is the simple practical position given the reaction of the past week and cancellation of business by local patrons.

“Stripping the noise out of the equation, there is an opportunity here for the people of Wickow to grasp and embrace. To demonstrate that they are the kind of town that welcomes “outsiders”, Irish or not. If the local community want to demonstrate that they wish to support the hotel, now is their chance unfettered by outside media and political interests,” Shanagher said.

Grand Hotel management hits out at "negative noise" protests against DPC
Well that'll really get the locals onside picoms2

Delighted the arrogant little snake wrote that, any local that hasn't their eyes open now never will - this scumbag doesn't give a damn about the local community, he just wants to make a quick buck regardless of the damage he does to the town.

Notachipanoaktree

PI Member
Well that'll really get the locals onside picoms2

Delighted the arrogant little snake wrote that, any local that hasn't their eyes open now never will - this scumbag doesn't give a damn about the local community, he just wants to make a quick buck regardless of the damage he does to the town.
Even the snake O'Coleman admitted that the vast majority of the protesters were strongly against the South-Sudanese.
Vast Majority Male (20-40) South-Sudanese BTW. Lock up you daughters ..... and your sons for Christmas.

Oh there won't be a mullet left in the harbour by New - Years day.

Top Bottom