Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

The voices of Europe

2pacs

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Thousands of Poles Pray on the Border Against ‘Islamisation of Europe’

Thousands of Catholics formed a human chain along the borders of Poland on the anniversary of an historic victory by Europe over the Ottoman Empire officially to pray for peace and “against the Islamisation of Europe”.

Polish media reports hundreds of thousands of adherents participated in the “Rosary on the Borders” event on Saturday, October 7th, to mark the anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto, where “the Christian fleet overcame the Muslim armada, saving Europe from Islamisation”.
The Catholic Feast of the Holy Rosary was established by Pope Pius V in 1571 as “Our Lady of Victory” after the Holy League won a landmark victory over the Ottoman Turks at their naval station in Lepanto.

The Solo Dios Basta foundation, which organised the event, attributed the victory to the recital of the rosary “that saved Europe from Islamisation”.
Prayers took place across some 4,000 locations along the country’s 2,000-mile border involving 320 churches from 22 dioceses.

PICS: Thousands of Poles Pray on the Border Against 'Islamisation of Europe' - Breitbart

Got to hand it to the Polish and Eastern Europeans, still proud and ready to defend their culture and heritage.

radioledger

Shocking Stuff
Donator
PI Member

If you, turn on subtitles the translation is in English

Video description:

Our country is ill. The social democrats and liberals are doing everything they can to cover up the problems that their own policies have created in our society. Their reckless decisions, their unwillingness to evaluate the results of their policies and foremost, their lies, has created the society that we now are forced to live in. Right now preparations are being made for our largest electoral campaign ever. The elections are less than a year away!

You wonder if it's too little too late.

But it's good to see someone speaking truth to their people.

Kershaw

Donator
PI Member

If you, turn on subtitles the translation is in English

Video description:

Our country is ill. The social democrats and liberals are doing everything they can to cover up the problems that their own policies have created in our society. Their reckless decisions, their unwillingness to evaluate the results of their policies and foremost, their lies, has created the society that we now are forced to live in. Right now preparations are being made for our largest electoral campaign ever. The elections are less than a year away!

You wonder if it's too little too late.

But it's good to see someone speaking truth to their people.
Good vid, shows some spine. A criticism I have been reading is that SD had become too milquetoast to appeal to normies. Many had abandoned the party.

Thousands of Poles Pray on the Border Against ‘Islamisation of Europe’

Thousands of Catholics formed a human chain along the borders of Poland on the anniversary of an historic victory by Europe over the Ottoman Empire officially to pray for peace and “against the Islamisation of Europe”.

Polish media reports hundreds of thousands of adherents participated in the “Rosary on the Borders” event on Saturday, October 7th, to mark the anniversary of the Battle of Lepanto, where “the Christian fleet overcame the Muslim armada, saving Europe from Islamisation”.
The Catholic Feast of the Holy Rosary was established by Pope Pius V in 1571 as “Our Lady of Victory” after the Holy League won a landmark victory over the Ottoman Turks at their naval station in Lepanto.

The Solo Dios Basta foundation, which organised the event, attributed the victory to the recital of the rosary “that saved Europe from Islamisation”.
Prayers took place across some 4,000 locations along the country’s 2,000-mile border involving 320 churches from 22 dioceses.

PICS: Thousands of Poles Pray on the Border Against 'Islamisation of Europe' - Breitbart

Got to hand it to the Polish and Eastern Europeans, still proud and ready to defend their culture and heritage.
Isn't it odd, that John Paul II got attacked in his older years, but he left a proud people behind him in Poland. He built his Cathedral in the face of communist scum. Now those people of Poland are strong because he was one of them. There is no strength in diversity. If only we had an Irish Pope of the stature of John Paul II, we'd be as resilient as the people of Poland. Wait a minute, Christ is the founder of our faith. We are one with Poland. God bless Poland and Ireland! We are brothers in faith and sacrifice.

Heraclitus

PI Member
I remember when we had a proud Irish nation and I took my children to see this great event. We were one.

"Catholic nationalism" is incompatible with Irish nationalism.

A significant chunk of the populace on the Island of Ireland are emphatically not Catholic, particularly in the north east.
And quite a few ethnically Irish people in the south, like myself, are non-Catholic.

To conclude, Irish Catholic nationalism is an oxymoron.

Catholic nationalism is incompatible with Irish nationalism.

A significant chunk of the Island of Ireland are emphatically not Catholic, particularly in the north east.
And quite a few ethnically Irish people, like myself, are non-Catholic.

To conclude, Irish Catholic nationalism is an oxymoron.
No, you're a moron please don't demand that I jump inboard with your silly shit.

Heraclitus

PI Member
No, you're a moron please don't demand that I jump inboard with your silly shit.
I was convinced you were a sock account the other day. I now suspect I was wrong.
I sincerely apologise for the confusion.
It's one of the pitfalls of anonymous forums.

Now, getting back to the point.
I see don't Catholic nationalism and Irish nationalism as being compatible.
The island of Ireland has a very significant non-Catholic population.

This isn't an attack on freedom of religion (I'm opposed to forced secularisation). It's merely a statement of fact.

Anything other than strict separation between church and state isn't feasible (nor desirable, IMO)

I was convinced you were a sock account the other day; hence my suspicion.
I sincerely apologise for the confusion.
It's one of the pitfalls of anonymous forums.

Now, getting back to the point.
I see don't Catholic nationalism and Irish nationalism as being compatible.
The island of Ireland has a very significant non-Catholic population.

This isn't an attack on freedom of religion (I'm opposed to forced secularisation). It's merely a statement of fact.

Anything other than strict separation between church and state isn't feasible (nor desirable, IMO)
Well, Putin has created the symphony of church and state in Russia. It really doesn't have to be one or the other, that's Communism.

Top Bottom