Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The Tuam tank: another myth about evil Ireland

• Thread starter Deleted member 2643
  • Start date

parentheses

PI Member
I knew an adopted protestant man his mother got pregnant in 1959 and her family contacted their pastor who found a good home for him where he got a good education and eventually a big farm. The protestants were much less cruel than the catholics they actually looked for good homes and placed the children in them . They did not hoarde them in slave labour like the launderies.
The Bethany Home was not nice.

Myles O'Reilly

PI Member
Paul McGrath was brought up in a Prod home and was scathing about it. Blamed them for his dodgy knees.

Catalpa

PI Member
RIP Ann Lovett

The Statue of the Virgin
at Granard Speaks

by Paula Meehan

It can be bitter here at times like this,
November wind sweeping across the border.
Its seeds of ice would cut you to the quick.
The whole town tucked up safe and dreaming,
even wild things gone to earth, and I
stuck up here in this grotto, without as much as
star or planet to ease my vigil.

Ah I see Crumbs has risen from the Crypt for a sweep of his scythe at the Catlicks

- you could not give a fiddlers about those kids that died and you know it

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Who governed Ireland during these dark years? Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael. Oh look who is in government today blaming the Catholic Church. 💁
Different times, same Regime.

Top Bottom