Keith Woods The Trump Comeback is on

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Hopefully, Trump will win. We need another four years of Trump chaos to finally bury Yankee power.

M1A2

PI Member
I'm up for Trump as well.

I hated the idea of Trump winning the first time but I've come around to it. It's what happens when a countries public education system is both underfunded while at the same time certain elite schools are allowed to flourish. So you get an out of touch elite and a dumbed down population.

So they reap what they sow, getting a charlatan in charge of a cult.

For the rest of the world though, it's been largely fine. Trump has been ineffectual both at home and abroad. For all the angst he has generated, he's pretty useless.

I've no real problem with him watching 4 more years of tv and twitting.

Polyco

PI Member
I'm up for Trump as well.

I hated the idea of Trump winning the first time but I've come around to it. It's what happens when a countries public education system is both underfunded while at the same time certain elite schools are allowed to flourish. So you get an out of touch elite and a dumbed down population.

So they reap what they sow, getting a charlatan in charge of a cult.

For the rest of the world though, it's been largely fine. Trump has been ineffectual both at home and abroad. For all the angst he has generated, he's pretty useless.

I've no real problem with him watching 4 more years of tv and twitting.
Can any US president be effectual ever again? Whoever it is their hands will be tied by powerful lobbying groups and the uncomfortable fact that it is no longer a self contained industrial powerhouse.

SwordOfStCatherine

Hopefully, Trump will win. We need another four years of Trump chaos to finally bury Yankee power.
I am not sure that it matters much who wins. Personally my worry with Trump winning is the Chabad obsession with destroying Iran. It is amazing how Chabad have gotten to have so much power and influence in the United States with people in general, even educated people, have very little to no idea of their actual beliefs.

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
I am not sure that it matters much who wins. Personally my worry with Trump winning is the Chabad obsession with destroying Iran. It is amazing how Chabad have gotten to have so much power and influence in the United States with people in general, even educated people, have very little to no idea of their actual beliefs.
Would this really be any different under Biden?

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
Can't see any reason why the chaos will abate under Biden. The working and middle classes will continue to be decimated and the likelihood of war will significantly increase. The only way things can change is a new party or political force representing the 80%

M1A2

PI Member
Can any US president be effectual ever again? Whoever it is their hands will be tied by powerful lobbying groups and the uncomfortable fact that it is no longer a self contained industrial powerhouse.
It depends on a real long term and progressive opposition to the Democrats.

I know people here are going to disagree but the Democrats are a fairly conservative party by European standards, in opposition to a Republican party who are sitting in a burning house saying "this is fine".

There is no actual major left leaning party in the US, and Republicans will either have to split away from the crazies or crash into oblivion.

So that leaves the Democrats, sitting in the centre right...they cant go left because they are ridiculously demonized as radical left already. They cant go right because of the crazies.

That doesnt make for a vibrant political system long term. So a gap is there. This is arguably the end of the Sixth Party system in the US.

Top Bottom