• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The traditional and Un-PC version of Little Sir Hugh.

Most people into folk music will know the song by Steeleye Span "Little Sir Hugh" however I doubt many know that it is about Saint Little Hugh of Lincoln who was martyred on the 31 July 1255 in England by Jewish extremists, while all Martyrs bled the Blood of Christ he did in an especial if you are willing to believe the accounts of the time was literally crucified in a mockery of the Passion of Our Lord (remember we are talking about a nine year old here). In 1955 the Church of England placed this plaque at his shrine in Lincoln Cathedral;

"Trumped up stories of "ritual murders" of Christian boys by Jewish communities were common throughout Europe during the Middle Ages and even much later. These fictions cost many innocent Jews their lives. Lincoln had its own legend and the alleged victim was buried in the Cathedral in the year 1255.
Such stories do not redound to the credit of Christendom, and so we pray:
Lord, forgive what we have been, amend what we are, and direct what we shall be".

There are three sides to every story- I'm not willing to write off just like that my ancestors' one.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I thought blood libels suited both sides, it looked as useful for internal purposes, as in rabbis making them up to corral the herd from the backlash as they dont want the flock to get too comfortable with the goyim and out of their control, or jewish subversives trying to undermine the rabbis internally like the frankists/sabbateans.

Project MUSE - The Mixed Multitude
"The Politics of the Blood Libel The Blood Accusations In Jewish collective memory and, to some extent, in Jewish historiography, the blood accusation that was raised during the Lwów disputation in September 1759 is the best-known event associated with Frankism. The second volume of Majer Bałaban’s two-volume book on Frankism is devoted almost solely to this issue;1 extensive discussion can be also found in Dubnow.2 The unique characteristics of this accusation can best be understood if it is placed against the backdrop of similar cases, in Poland and elsewhere. Charges that the Jews used Christian blood for ritual purposes were first made in Western Europe in the twelfth and thirteenth centuries, and the first documented accusation is thought to be for the murder of William of Norwich in 1144.3"

"The rumors about ritual murders committed by the Jews did not reach Poland until the late fifteenth century,6 and the first documented trial took place in Rawa Mazowiecka in 1547.7 However, what the historian Simon Dubnow termed “a frenzy of blood accusations” did not occur in the PolishLithuanian Commonwealth until the end of the seventeenth and the beginning of the eighteenth century.8 Blood libels increased in frequency in Eastern while they decreased in Western Europe: very few cases occurred in Poland when the phenomenon reached its apogee in Germany, whereas in the eighteenth century, when the trials had virtually come to an end in the West, they rapidly increased in number in Poland-Lithuania, the lands of the Bohemian Crown and Hungary.9 The most important consequence of this phase difference between Eastern 94 chapter 4 and Central Europe, on the one hand, and Western... "

Sabbatian Heresy: Writings on Mysticism, Messianism, and the Origins of Jewish Modernity Sabbatian Heresy
"It provoked intense opposition from rabbinic authorities for another century and had a significant impact on central developments of later Judaism, such as the Haskalah, the Reform movement, Hasidism, and the secularization of Jewish society."

As in this stuff never really kicked off, or hit “a frenzy of blood accusations” until the around time the frankists were trying to undermine the rabbis and kick start their progressive revolution.
Not all jews are equal, they are always attacking each other Jewish schisms - Wikipedia, Zionism has done something to unite them of late.

Simon Dubnow - Wikipedia and Meir Balaban - Wikipedia are referenced in this and are interesting, even the wiki pages are.
Wrote number of books on sabbateans and other stuff like "The history of the progressive synagogue in Lvov" which i have been looking for.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine
I thought blood libels suited both sides, it looked as useful for internal purposes, as in rabbis making them up to corral the herd from the backlash as they dont want the flock to get too comfortable with the goyim and out of their control, or jewish subversives trying to undermine the rabbis internally like the frankists/sabbateans.

Sabbatian Heresy: Writings on Mysticism, Messianism, and the Origins of Jewish Modernity Sabbatian Heresy
"It provoked intense opposition from rabbinic authorities for another century and had a significant impact on central developments of later Judaism, such as the Haskalah, the Reform movement, Hasidism, and the secularization of Jewish society."

Yes it was used by the Frankists, Gershom Scholem claims only at the end in public debate where they were bullied into by Priests which I sort of believe. I don't think that this is a part of Rabbinic Judaism as a whole but I do think that it was something that a small number of extremists engaged in back in the past. On the Frankists have you read Gershom Scholem on them?

That is the only version that I found on the web now- it isn't very well laid out but the content is worth reading.

Jew-hate is a spectrum disorder.

If you hate Jews, you're heading for insanity.....

Get some help, guys.....

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Jew-hate is a spectrum disorder.

If you hate Jews, you're heading for insanity.....

Get some help, guys.....

So we should just keep quiet about the ritual murder of children? What else would you like us to stay quiet about? Child rape?