The Tommy Robinson Thread

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Donator
Premium Account
I think Im not allowed to make any comment about that as Im in the UK so am covered by the reporting restrictions placed on everything that went on after Robinson was arrested..
this site is currently hosted in the Netherlands so any posts you make are not held in the UK.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
Have you ever heared of "The Irish Famine"? Stop being a mug for British justice. The English, two world wars later are only finding the meaning of injustice in 2018. Can't say Paddy didn't say so.
Believe me Old Timer I'm no mug when it comes the so-called justice system, either here or in the UK. I went on various Sites last night imploring Tommy's supporters to march on the prison demanding his safety and if a signed statement to that effect was not forthcoming, then try storming the place and cause a riot. But according to a poster above, doing so would move him from a prison where apparently he's safe, to a maximum security place that'd be packed to the rafters with Muslims.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
this site is currently hosted in the Netherlands so any posts you make are not held in the UK.
I think the fact that I am in the UK means Im not supposed to make any comment.
I was reading yesterday one of the American commentators saying that he would relay no more information that he received from anyone in the UK about the case.
Of course there is no one who can say with any confidence from where/whom he received any nugget of information but the implication of his post was that he believed he could get someone in the UK info trouble if he posted anything which would somehow reveal the person in the UK that passed the information to him.
Dunno if that is the legal actuality but the implication is that this reporting ban prevents anyone in the UK revealing anything via a foreign web site.

Nicenin

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I think the fact that I am in the UK means Im not supposed to make any comment.
I was reading yesterday one of the American commentators saying that he would relay no more information that he received from anyone in the UK about the case.
Of course there is no one who can say with any confidence from where/whom he received any nugget of information but the implication of his post was that he believed he could get someone in the UK info trouble if he posted anything which would somehow reveal the person in the UK that passed the information to him.
Dunno if that is the legal actuality but the implication is that this reporting ban prevents anyone in the UK revealing anything via a foreign web site.
You may well be right as I think something similar happened that Peter Sweden blogger. He was posting from Norway and the fuzz arrived at his family's home in Blighty.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
This is the kind of control they exert on the people. They know most folk have jobs, mortgages, families etc and can nail them if they step out of line even with an innocuous online comment.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
Believe me Old Timer I'm no mug when it comes the so-called justice system, either here or in the UK. I went on various Sites last night imploring Tommy's supporters to march on the prison demanding his safety and if a signed statement to that effect was not forthcoming, then try storming the place and cause a riot. But according to a poster above, doing so would move him from a prison where apparently he's safe, to a maximum security place that'd be packed to the rafters with Muslims.
I dunno if the whole rioting thing would work.

Fundamentally this is an information war - rioting allows the people controlling the media narrative to present the narrative as the protesters being the bad guys.

We saw that back in the EDL days - many hundreds or thousands of people would protest peacefully but the media photographers covering the event would cherry pick the handful of the images of the thousands they had taken that show skinhead yobs and the like in order to discredit the event.
And you got the likes of this headline in the Independent designed to make someone scanning the headlines believe that 160 EDL supporters had been arrested whereas when you read the article you see that all of the arrests were of left wing counter-protesters.

More than 160 arrested at EDL Tower Hamlets march

This effect is now being lessenned as the old media loses the dominance it once had but all the same I think the way forward is peaceful protesting - but the numbers need to keep increasing for this to be effective.

The publicity from yesterday was great, magnificent social media numbers. I suspect that the publicity around this Robinson arrest is going to give a big boost to the numbers that turn up at the events he organises after he is let out.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
I'm just on the second paragraph and its littered with inaccuracies.

"If some amateur with a camera films defendants arriving at court in an ongoing case, streams their faces live on social media before the day’s proceedings have even started, and then adds his own perception that they are all guilty before a verdict has been reached, along with his own opinions, this can sway public opinion"

Tommy said "alleged" each time. He never said they were guilty of a single thing. The MSM report every single day on people being brought up on charges. Does he want the BBC, Sky, all the newspapers, radio etc to stop reporting on court cases?

"along with that of the jurors, should they see it. That means, even if it has no effect on the decision of the Jury, those on trial can call a mistrial based on the claim that the premature footage did, can, or will, bias the Jury. In other words, Tommy Robinson put the trial in danger of the defendants being able to claim a mistrial due to public opinion having been swayed, and get off scot free, even if they were as guilty as hell."

There was no jury in this case. It was a Judge only case.

Any chance this halfwit could do even the slightest bit of research before he pukes an "article" out like that?

I'm just on the second paragraph and its littered with inaccuracies.

"If some amateur with a camera films defendants arriving at court in an ongoing case, streams their faces live on social media before the day’s proceedings have even started, and then adds his own perception that they are all guilty before a verdict has been reached, along with his own opinions, this can sway public opinion"

Tommy said "alleged" each time. He never said they were guilty of a single thing. The MSM report every single day on people being brought up on charges. Does he want the BBC, Sky, all the newspapers, radio etc to stop reporting on court cases?

"along with that of the jurors, should they see it. That means, even if it has no effect on the decision of the Jury, those on trial can call a mistrial based on the claim that the premature footage did, can, or will, bias the Jury. In other words, Tommy Robinson put the trial in danger of the defendants being able to claim a mistrial due to public opinion having been swayed, and get off scot free, even if they were as guilty as hell."

There was no jury in this case. It was a Judge only case.

Any chance this halfwit could do even the slightest bit of research before he pukes an "article" out like that?
I've posted your reply on the comment section and we'll see what SHE says.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
Are those BNP clowns still around?
Why don't they eff off, they are yesterdays men.
They have been pumping out crap against Robinson ever since he founded the EDL. Like most people I thought they had given up.

In particular I thought they had disappeared when the Electoral Commission cancelled their registration as an official political party a couple of years ago.
Are they still hanging on as some kind of Zombie party?

Top Bottom