Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The strange world of quantum physics. Spooky action at a distance.

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Oh fuck off. All you internet narcissists make me sick!

You act like you and James are somehow akin to a Galileo or an Einstein or a Tesla, merely because you cling on to a few half digested and usually misunderstood ideas you harbour about maths and physics that were all conceived by other far better people. Well, you are NOT a Galileo or an Einstein and it is a total insult to their names that you would suggest otherwise. You are just some confused idiot wittering on the internet, and spreading your own misunderstandings to others. Get over yourself. There are no shortcuts in maths and physics. You have to do the ground work first. You and James are far too lazy for that.

Horseshit. I have great respect for curiousity. I just cannot abide loud mouthed Narcissists who know nothing.
Most people DO consider the big ideas but have the good sense to admit that they do not yet have a clear understanding of things and so they refrain from trumpetting their half digested versions publicly and keep it to themselves until they DO have a clearer understanding.

Except for narcissists.
They will insist on spouting any old lazy shit they come up with
and then touting it about on the internet as if they have shat out a gold brick.

Some self analysis and a lot more humility would not go amiss. All good scientists have humility.
And they would know a LOT more than you and James about their field of expertise
James is obviously very intelligent and so am I. It is not our fault, we were born that way. With regard to the rest of your comment I would draw attention to Kipling's poem and cite a verse hereunder.

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Does anyone want to venture a guess at what humility has to do with a physics thread. Why am I required to be humble. I was man
enough to admit I lost heavily on Trumps election. No problem. I started this thread and by its nature I invited others to contribute.

If a poster had something on the topic which proved me wrong, I would be delighted because it would push out the bounds of
my scientific knowledge. I am in a quest for knowledge. Is there a scale for humility or for pride? If there is please tell me because
I have no way of knowing if Doggy's accusation is true without it.,

TheWexfordInn

PI Member
Light particles have no mass which is interesting and why nothing can go faster than them i.e. Nothing can go faster that light particles, even nothing ! !

But..but. .what about the Warp drive in Star Trek? Are you suggesting that it is not built on solid science?
In one episode Scottie managed to get the USS Enterprise up to Warp 9 !!

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
But..but. .what about the Warp drive in Star Trek? Are you suggesting that it is not built on solid science?
In one episode Scottie managed to get the USS Enterprise up to Warp 9 !!
If he had not been on the Haggis and Whiskey he may have even got it all the way to Eleven ! !

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Everything is Information ~ ~ Even the Absence of Information is Information i.e. There is No Information there or Very Little !

We Humans have a Roughly Standard Processing Rate of Information. We may think that there is a big difference between the smartest of us and the dumbest of us but in reality that deviation is small.

The reason we cannot cope with Quantim Mechanics is that we are in no way capable of processing the amount of information in Quantum Mechanics ~ ~ Its just too much for us = = I mean, You cannot read and understand all the books / internet at one time and understand it all = = Its just too much so we say thats a Big Library / The Internet !

Maybe Artificial Inteligence will be able to cope with the Huge Amounts of information in Quantum Mechanics but it does look like Humans Alone are Not Capable of Understanding Quantum Mechanics ! !

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Everything is Information ~ ~ Even the Absence of Information is Information i.e. There is No Information there or Very Little !

We Humans have a Roughly Standard Processing Rate of Information. We may think that there is a big difference between the smartest of us and the dumbest of us but in reality that deviation is small.

The reason we cannot cope with Quantim Mechanics is that we are in no way capable of processing the amount of information in Quantum Mechanics ~ ~ Its just too much for us = = I mean, You cannot read and understand all the books / internet at one time and understand it all = = Its just too much so we say thats a Big Library / The Internet !

Maybe Artificial Inteligence will be able to cope with the Huge Amounts of information in Quantum Mechanics but it does look like Humans Alone are Not Capable of Understanding Quantum Mechanics ! !
There might be a few exceptions. Would you agree that key to understanding anything it to eliminate all assumptions and look at the concepts? The facts are that particles are doing strange things in this universe, so could they be acting by the rules of another universe.

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Whole universes instantly popping into existence out of nowhere every time a measurement is made in this one?
Yes that sounds like your kind of daft theory. Sadly you aren't alone in this.
1) Why do you suspect GUT does not include gravity?

2) I am interested to hear your views on whether the proton decays. I don't think it does.

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
There might be a few exceptions. Would you agree that key to understanding anything it to eliminate all assumptions and look at the concepts? The facts are that particles are doing strange things in this universe, so could they be acting by the rules of another universe.
Or doing things beyond our capability of understanding.

GodsDog

PI Member
Just stop trying to discuss physics in public Val. It's embarrassing.
Just stick to the slurry. Or let it stick to you. Whatever.

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Just stop trying to discuss physics in public Val. It's embarrassing.
Just stick to the slurry. Or let it stick to you. Whatever.
This is online abuse and he tried this as a moderator on GPO. I have not posted these last few days because I an sending in
objections to wind farm planning applications with a few to abuse the planning officials in a contrived sort of way and them defeating them in Judicial Reviews. However I will. Godsdog is crank and a wikipedia scientist. I will handle it.

Top Bottom