Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The strange world of quantum physics. Spooky action at a distance.

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Whole universes instantly popping into existence out of nowhere every time a measurement is made in this one?
Yes that sounds like your kind of daft theory. Sadly you aren't alone in this.
Why is it sad to try to explain what is happening in science? If everyone did that would we not still be believing
in constant time? How did we get from the notion that time was the same in all circumstances to one where we know
time can change.

Time is distance/speed = time, where was there ever a formula where one component could not change? Your view is that
big thinking must be left to the big boys, Nickola Tesla was cursed with this attitude and ended up having to shovel
ditches to buy food because of curmudgeons like you.

They would not believe Einstein either until be proved his theory to be reality. Galileo was placed under house arrest. You are not able to
debate any of this, all you can do is snarl at me and James out of envy.

Last edited:
OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
While the quantum entanglement puzzle cannot be explained by conventional physics, nonetheless it is happening and is being used
in our world now. It cannot be explained in the world we know and it seems logical to try to explain it by other means. 1st a theory must be postulated. 2nd the experiment must take place 3rd conclusions must be arrived at. One theory is that there is parallel universe to ours and crossing to it can only happen at quantum level. The theory is that this is where the particles are going to when entangled. This is why they know they are being observed.

It is not proven, but a pointer could be string theory which I first read about in a book I bought long long ago. The Stuff of the Universe by Brian Green. I still have it somewhere. I think. I would think it was published in 1985.

Doggy/Ollie/Awkward cannot abide any ordinary person thinking outside the ordinary and strikes out in anger. A moderator over on GPO
will shall see how he gets on there.

Last edited:

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
From the dawn of time man gave a considered opinion on everything around him and in nearly every case he got it wrong.

Where he got it right, he still got some of it wrong. An example is Newton who got gravity wrong having got his laws of physics correct.
Newton was employed by government and as such his ideas met with social approval. Man thought the earth was the centre of the universe
and the sun went round it. Then he thought the sun was the centre and the earth went round it. Then he thought the local galaxies were
all there was. Then Hubble showed the Milky way is only a very tiny insignificant part of the universe. Hubble proved the universe is expanding and will end up a cold dark chunk of nothing.

Religion played a role in this but man was full of his own importance. To day most men does admit he does not know but a fraction of what the physical universe is doing. I say most men which does not include you, you know it all, we need to beware.
In Fairness ~ ~ My Universe Revolves Around Me !

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Whole universes instantly popping into existence out of nowhere every time a measurement is made in this one?
Yes that sounds like your kind of daft theory. Sadly you aren't alone in this.

In Fairness ~ ~ My Universe Revolves Around Me !
In fact it did not exist until the moment of our conception and will cease to exist when we die. We will end up in a supernova
somewhere but we wont know about it. So if we were oblivious to all that was going on before we were born and after we die
why is the idea or other universes so much ridiculed? Is that not what religion is?

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
In fact it did not exist until the moment of our conception and will cease to exist when we die. We will end up in a supernova
somewhere but we wont know about it. So if we were oblivious to all that was going on before we were born and after we die
why is the idea or other universes so much ridiculed? Is that not what religion is?
Perhaps we all have our own Universe in the Multi-Verse ~ ~ An infinite number of Universes as Time does not Exist and Time is just Information at a Processing Rate of Information !

Enjoy your Universe / Universes !

page61

PI Member

The word universe to me means one place with everything in it . We are all part of everything

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
The word universe to me means one place with everything in it . We are all part of everything
How big is everything ? How much is everything ? Is there anything outside everything / the Universe or indeed inside everything / the Universe ?

GodsDog

PI Member
somewhere but we wont know about it.
So if we were oblivious to all that was going on before we were born and after we die

Exactly how can the universe cease to exist yet still be producing supernovae?? :rolleyes:

You fucking egotists and narcissists make me puke.
You simply cannot accept that the universe just doesn't need you
and that it will continue to exist, long after you are wormfood and forgotten

As for religion, it is mostly just a useful social control harness filling the hole of our ignorance with selected human nonsense.
The opiate of the people and a sop and a crutch for the weak minded or stupid.

Last edited:

GodsDog

PI Member
Why is it sad to try to explain what is happening in science? If everyone did that would we not still be believing
in constant time? How did we get from the notion that time was the same in all circumstances to one where we know
time can change.

Time is distance/speed = time, where was there ever a formula where one component could not change? Your view is that
big thinking must be left to the big boys, Nickola Tesla was cursed with this attitude and ended up having to shovel
ditches to buy food because of curmudgeons like you.

They would not believe Einstein either until be proved his theory to be reality. Galileo was placed under house arrest. You are not able to
debate any of this, all you can do is snarl at me and James out of envy.

Oh fuck off. All you internet narcissists make me sick!

You act like you and James are somehow akin to a Galileo or an Einstein or a Tesla, merely because you cling on to a few half digested and usually misunderstood ideas you harbour about maths and physics that were all conceived by other far better people. Well, you are NOT a Galileo or an Einstein and it is a total insult to their names that you would suggest otherwise. You are just some confused idiot wittering on the internet, and spreading your own misunderstandings to others. Get over yourself. There are no shortcuts in maths and physics. You have to do the ground work first. You and James are far too lazy for that.

Doggy/Ollie/Awkward cannot abide any ordinary person thinking outside the ordinary and strikes out in anger. A moderator over on GPO
will shall see how he gets on there.

Horseshit. I have great respect for curiousity. I just cannot abide loud mouthed Narcissists who know nothing.
Most people DO consider the big ideas but have the good sense to admit that they do not yet have a clear understanding of things and so they refrain from trumpetting their half digested versions publicly and keep it to themselves until they DO have a clearer understanding.

Except for narcissists.
They will insist on spouting any old lazy shit they come up with
and then touting it about on the internet as if they have shat out a gold brick.

Some self analysis and a lot more humility would not go amiss. All good scientists have humility.
And they would know a LOT more than you and James about their field of expertise

GodsDog

PI Member
From the dawn of time man gave a considered opinion on everything around him and in nearly every case he got it wrong.

Where he got it right, he still got some of it wrong. An example is Newton who got gravity wrong having got his laws of physics correct.
Newton was employed by government and as such his ideas met with social approval. Man thought the earth was the centre of the universe
and the sun went round it. Then he thought the sun was the centre and the earth went round it. Then he thought the local galaxies were
all there was. Then Hubble showed the Milky way is only a very tiny insignificant part of the universe. Hubble proved the universe is expanding and will end up a cold dark chunk of nothing.

Religion played a role in this but man was full of his own importance. To day most men does admit he does not know but a fraction of what the physical universe is doing. I say most men which does not include you, you know it all, we need to beware.

No it is you not me who is the one selling himself as some repressed misunderstood Galileo or Tesla
holding the secrets of the cosmos in your head. How fucking arrogant!
All I have done is shown what a bullshitting narcissist you actually are and
how poorly you really understand these subjects. Nothing more.
Of course to a narcissist that's a capital offence!

I had a rigorous education in physics and maths and thus I have a great respect for those who do advance these fields and a great humility as to what I myself actually understand about the workings of the universe. I do not purport to know all that much about the subject matter (which is vast in scope ) Just enough to be able to appreciate the endeavour. However I will not stand by and watch a complete arsehole like you who has NO understanding of the subject to drag it through the slurry and spread more misinformation and confusion about STEM subjects in some narcissistic effort to big yourself up on the internet

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
No it is you not me who is the one selling himself as some repressed misunderstood Galileo or Tesla
holding the secrets of the cosmos in your head. How fucking arrogant!
All I have done is shown what a bullshitting narcissist you actually are and
how poorly you really understand these subjects. Nothing more.
Of course to a narcissist that's a capital offence!

I had a rigorous education in physics and maths and thus I have a great respect for those who do advance these fields and a great humility as to what I myself actually understand about the workings of the universe. I do not purport to know all that much about the subject matter (which is vast in scope ) Just enough to be able to appreciate the endeavour. However I will not stand by and watch a complete arsehole like you who has NO understanding of the subject to drag it through the slurry and spread more misinformation and confusion about STEM subjects in some narcissistic effort to big yourself up on the internet
On the 1st paragraph, you express your opinion which everyone is entitled to irrespective of how ludicrous that opinion is. When you were on GPO as a moderator you would not allow a thread develop but abused your position to derail the thread with Belgrade's support.

Show us the physics threads you started. Give a link. I don't doubt that you received an education in physics, but I believe you did not pass your exams and hold no qualification. It is very common for students to fail, in fact a higher percentage fail than qualify.

You keep stating I am narcissistic but fail to give any example. Even if I were what difference does that make to the physical happenings
in existence. You are a great one when you are under Belgrade's skirt, but when on equal footing with me you fail every time.

Top Bottom