Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The strange world of quantum physics. Spooky action at a distance.

GodsDog

PI Member
Just for the record the symbol for 22/7 can include Pye in addition to Pi and Pie. The symbol tio represents has 30 variations. The Irish Department of education used Pye as does Collins Dictionary. Great minds don't dwell on such trivia. ye definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary (collinsdictionary.com)

Stop lying you fool. Collins are just saying it is an old english variation for the word pie as in apple pie.
Not PI the mathematical object.

screenshot.650.md.jpg

If your approach to the language you use to express your thoughts is so fucking lazy and sloppy
then don't waste your time with subjects like physics, and mathematics which require a well ordered mind
which pays attention to accuracy, precision and detail.

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
No. I say you are a narcissist shitwit pretending to know something about physics and mathematics.
but who is just blundering around in the dark talking through your arse and misleading the public.

Not knowing stuff is fine but please don't presume to expose the public to your basic misunderstandings of STEM topics.
You may be able to bullshit your way in other topics but there are no shortcuts in STEM.

Go away and study properly for a few years as others have to. Do your apprenticeship in the subjects
and at least develop a basic understanding of them before just shooting your mouth off in public
without having a clue what you are talking about.
Godsdog is Dr Awkward over on GPO and a moderator too. I asked a question there and awaiting an answer.

Here it is again.

You meet a group of school children in Tullamore at 2 pm today and they know you through their parents. They tell you that the teacher just gave a class on Bell's Theorem and they do not believe a word of it. You do believe it and you want to do a demonstration to prove it. You have 20 Euros to spend on equipment which must be immediately available in the town to lend or buy.

How would you go about proving Bell's theorem?

Lets see how long it takes Doggy to answer. I reckon it will take 2 days. For the rest of you some will know the answer is simple and I ask you not to post for a few days. I will post when and then you can post you know and then perhaps a private message can be sent to me.

OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Stop lying you fool. Collins are just saying it is an old english variation for the word pie as in apple pie.

screenshot.650.md.jpg

If your approach to the language you use to express your thoughts is so fucking lazy and sloppy
then don't waste your time with subjects like physics, and mathematics which require a well ordered mind
If one dictionary has it its good enough for me.
Its not settled, neither is the symbol. Remarkably like Mowl's posting style.

Now answer the Tullamore question

Sham frÓg

PI Member

screenshot.650.md.jpg

Just for you babes - an ancient Vedic healing mantra to treat anger;

Om sudarshana chakraya

Mamashar va karya

Vijayam de he de hi

Om phat

GodsDog

PI Member
Godsdog is Dr Awkward over on GPO and a moderator too. I asked a question there and awaiting an answer.

Here it is again.

You meet a group of school children in Tullamore at 2 pm today and they know you through their parents. They tell you that the teacher just gave a class on Bell's Theorem and they do not believe a word of it. You do believe it and you want to do a demonstration to prove it. You have 20 Euros to spend on equipment which must be immediately available in the town to lend or buy.

Lets see how long it takes Doggy to answer. I reckon it will take 2 days. For the rest of you some will know the answer is simple and I ask you not to post for a few days. I will post when and then you can post you know and then perhaps a private message can be sent to me.

buy two pairs of cheap polarised sunglasses
take out the lenses.
line up two lenses and rotate the second lens by 90 degrees relative to the first.
no light should pass through the two lenses.
now take a third lens, insert it between the first two and rotate it 45 degrees from the first lens.
Light now gets through. Too much light when compared with Bells predictions
edit (sorry!): This demonstration shows in a practical way that Bells theorem does not predict actual behaviour correctly

Last edited:

Sham frÓg

PI Member
buy two pairs of cheap polarised sunglasses
take out the lenses.
line up two lenses and rotate the second lens by 90 degrees relative to the first.
no light should pass through the two lenses.
now take a third lens, insert it between the first two and rotate it 45 degrees from the first lens.
Light now gets through
This demonstration shows in a practical way that Bells theorem's prediction is correct.

Yawn.
Are you sure you are on about Bell's Theorem -

GodsDog

PI Member

Yes. Bells theorem is violated by quantum mechanics and in practice the behaviour of reality
seems to agree with quantum mechanics rather than the predictions of bells theorem.
In the case of the 3 polarising lenses, the percentage of light that comes through is too much
to be in agreement with bells predictions.

Last edited:
OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Yes. Bells theorem is violated by quantum mechanics and in practice the behaviour of reality
seems to agree with quantum mechanics rather than the predictions of bells theorem.
In the case of the 3 polarising lenses, the percentage of light that comes through is too much
to be in agreement with bells predictions.

This is correct, possibly from Wikipedia, but correct none the less. Now e move on to another interesting theory.

GodsDog

PI Member

Here it is again.

This is correct, possibly from Wikipedia, but correct none the less. Now e move on to another interesting theory.

And 2 days early! :Middle Finger:

FYI your question is as usual messed up. This demonstration is NOT a proof of bells theorem,
but a demonstration of the violation of Bells theorem by QM.

More proof if anyone ever needed it that you haven't a clue what you are talking about as regards physics / maths

Your question should have read
"how would you go about proving Bells theorem is violated by the actual behaviour of reality
hence showing that QM better predicts reality in this case than a classical theory like Bell's.

Last edited:

GodsDog

PI Member
OP
V

valamhic

PI Member
Whole universes instantly popping into existence out of nowhere every time a measurement is made in this one?
Yes that sounds like your kind of daft theory. Sadly you aren't alone in this.
From the dawn of time man gave a considered opinion on everything around him and in nearly every case he got it wrong.

Where he got it right, he still got some of it wrong. An example is Newton who got gravity wrong having got his laws of physics correct.
Newton was employed by government and as such his ideas met with social approval. Man thought the earth was the centre of the universe
and the sun went round it. Then he thought the sun was the centre and the earth went round it. Then he thought the local galaxies were
all there was. Then Hubble showed the Milky way is only a very tiny insignificant part of the universe. Hubble proved the universe is expanding and will end up a cold dark chunk of nothing.

Religion played a role in this but man was full of his own importance. To day most men does admit he does not know but a fraction of what the physical universe is doing. I say most men which does not include you, you know it all, we need to beware.

Top Bottom