• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

The state of Irish Journalism - Lets call them out

TW Tone

PI Member
May 5, 2019
This screed exhibits a striking similarity to the work of CNN in the US.

In both cases, groups are categorized, even slurred, without being given the right of reply.
Note that the Examiner article offers not ONE quote from a member of any of the groups being demeaned.
It's atrocious journalism. The authors give unlimited space to sundry enemies of the groups, to slur them at will. That's essentially what the article is.

It's very similar to the Fake News treatment of the nationalist wing of the Republican Party in the US. CNN obsesses for hours about Marjorie TG etc, but never has the integrity to ask her what she thinks.

Older readers will remember that this is a reset of how Republicanism was treated by RTE etc three or four decades ago.
Countless programs and presenters speculated, often quite stupidly, on what Republicans were thinking.
No one ever asked them.

IrishJohn

PI Member
Sep 12, 2018
I hope these newspapers go bankrupt. No doubt they're being paid by the government to push this nonsense.
From the comments on social media people are very aware of the thrash being written.

The print media has no future.

I don't think there are many people under the age 40 who still buy newspapers.

I stopped buying newspapers over 10 years ago.

blue velvet

PI Member
PI Member
Feb 15, 2019
This screed exhibits a striking similarity to the work of CNN in the US.

In both cases, groups are categorized, even slurred, without being given the right of reply.
Note that the Examiner article offers not ONE quote from a member of any of the groups being demeaned.
It's atrocious journalism. The authors give unlimited space to sundry enemies of the groups, to slur them at will. That's essentially what the article is.

It's very similar to the Fake News treatment of the nationalist wing of the Republican Party in the US. CNN obsesses for hours about Marjorie TG etc, but never has the integrity to ask her what she thinks.

Older readers will remember that this is a reset of how Republicanism was treated by RTE etc three or four decades ago.
Countless programs and presenters speculated, often quite stupidly, on what Republicans were thinking.
No one ever asked them.

The fake news hounding of Rep Marjorie is just pathetic.

What about AOC who was caught brazenly lying about being in the Capitol building during the assault by Q-Anon man etc.

Are they not interested in that story ?

Of course not. They like AOC.

TW Tone

PI Member
May 5, 2019
The fake news hounding of Rep Marjorie is just pathetic.

What about AOC who was caught brazenly lying about being in the Capitol building during the assault by Q-Anon man etc.

Are they not interested in that story ?

Of course not. They like AOC.

Suits MTG fine.
She was a freshman nobody from hillbilly NW Georgia.
But in a few weeks she has become a Player.
Even the hated Cheney had to vote for her on Thursday.

Myles O'Reilly

PI Member
PI Member
Feb 3, 2017
In this morning's "Today with Claire Byrne", Pravda operative Byrne interviewed Sammy Wilson of the DUP about the withdrawal of workers from the port at Larne following alleged intimidation. Right at the end of the interview, Byrne tried one too many times to haughtily sermonise the bould Sammy on DUP politicians allegedly using the threat of violence to get their own way on waivers on trucks coming into the North from Britain from EU inspections. As she continued to rile him, he responded, that she needn't look at NI at all but instead she should look at the behaviour of politicians "from your own country" blatantly and cynically" using threats of violence and even showing pictures of blown up border posts - Varadkar's carry-on - and she should "look far far closer to home"!

Sammy can be an almighty pain at times but it was a right auld laff out loud at him bursting Byrne's smug condescension.

Result: Wilson 1 Pravda a big fat ZERO.
Bollocks. Fu*k Wilson and his fanatical ilk.

This guy sums those muppets up quite well

whyfillaw

PI Member
Aug 3, 2018
"garda sources" is just BS the "journalist" makes up to fit the story.
we know for years that the "research and investigation" done by so called "investigative journos and crime correspondents" is zilch. They just read off the "statement supplied to them by the press/media personnel employed at Garda Media HQ".
How or why should I come to this conclusion?
The "reports" done by the radio stations and TV stations is the exact same, conclusion: the media are all using the same source for "their SOurce" as they put it.The media just use terms like "reliable sources/informed sources/well placed sources/ Garda sources ".
It has got to the stage where social media has become " the new source of info" that is not filtered and biased and that tells us that MSM has "ruined itself " by being joined at the hip to Govt and Powerful Corporations the world over.

DrPat2

PI Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bollocks. Fu*k Wilson and his fanatical ilk.

This guy sums those muppets up quite well

Okay, we get that you don't like Unionist politicians but I don't know if you listened to the exchange between Byrne and Wilson. I did and it seemed to me that Sammy was far too astute for Byrne's attempts at her mammy tut-tutting and sermonising.

whyfillaw

PI Member
Aug 3, 2018
Okay, we get that you don't like Unionist politicians but I don't know if you listened to the exchange between Byrne and Wilson. I did and it seemed to me that Sammy was far too astute for Byrne's attempts at her mammy tut-tutting and sermonising.
it may explain why DUP MPs seldom get on Matt Cooper's Biased ,GloboHomo ,LibRetard ,Virtue signalling ,Woke radio show.I would simply refuse to go on due to the presenter's "Personality Disorder" which has ruined what was once a great show with Éamonn Dunphy.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
it may explain why DUP MPs seldom get on Matt Cooper's Biased ,GloboHomo ,LibRetard ,Virtue signalling ,Woke radio show.I would simply refuse to go on due to the presenter's "Personality Disorder" which has ruined what was once a great show with Éamonn Dunphy.

100%