• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

The state of Irish Journalism - Lets call them out

jpc

PI Member
May 7, 2018
Obviously this guy has thought long and hard before posting that?
I'd imagine you are expecting far too much from him!

whyfillaw

PI Member
Aug 3, 2018
I'd imagine you are expecting far too much from him!
The man makes a living for MSM (Sunday Times Journalist) and he knows where "his daily bread" comes from and he is not going to jeopardise his livelihood.The same reason Dudsey Baloney and D'Arsey are prepared to spout BS every day on the wireless , their big cheques are at risk if they don't conform to the Régime Propaganda.

DrPat2

PI Member
Aug 29, 2018
In this morning's "Today with Claire Byrne", Pravda operative Byrne interviewed Sammy Wilson of the DUP about the withdrawal of workers from the port at Larne following alleged intimidation. Right at the end of the interview, Byrne tried one too many times to haughtily sermonise the bould Sammy on DUP politicians allegedly using the threat of violence to get their own way on waivers on trucks coming into the North from Britain from EU inspections. As she continued to rile him, he responded, that she needn't look at NI at all but instead she should look at the behaviour of politicians "from your own country" blatantly and cynically" using threats of violence and even showing pictures of blown up border posts - Varadkar's carry-on - and she should "look far far closer to home"!

Sammy can be an almighty pain at times but it was a right auld laff out loud at him bursting Byrne's smug condescension.

Result: Wilson 1 Pravda a big fat ZERO.

Polyco

PI Member
Mar 28, 2020
So why are the printed MSM so keen on pushing the scam, much to their own detriment it must be said? Could it be because it will hasten the end of print sales and so give them an excuse to go wholly online? After encountering a few small straws in the wind I wouldn't be at all surprised.

NiceNin

PI Member
PI Member
May 26, 2018
So why are the printed MSM so keen on pushing the scam, much to their own detriment it must be said? Could it be because it will hasten the end of print sales and so give them an excuse to go wholly online? After encountering a few small straws in the wind I wouldn't be at all surprised.
I for one don't read them online either. And haven't turned on the car radio since July.

All these blue tick scum "journalists" are just touting for Government jobs for when their employers crash and burn.

Jay Homer Simpson

PI Member
Jul 27, 2018
As John waters said, newspapers had at best 10 years to live, so they probably decided to take all the government propaganda money to live like kings while they had the chance.

TW Tone

PI Member
May 5, 2019
In this morning's "Today with Claire Byrne", Pravda operative Byrne interviewed Sammy Wilson of the DUP about the withdrawal of workers from the port at Larne following alleged intimidation. Right at the end of the interview, Byrne tried one too many times to haughtily sermonise the bould Sammy on DUP politicians allegedly using the threat of violence to get their own way on waivers on trucks coming into the North from Britain from EU inspections. As she continued to rile him, he responded, that she needn't look at NI at all but instead she should look at the behaviour of politicians "from your own country" blatantly and cynically" using threats of violence and even showing pictures of blown up border posts - Varadkar's carry-on - and she should "look far far closer to home"!

Sammy can be an almighty pain at times but it was a right auld laff out loud at him bursting Byrne's smug condescension.

Result: Wilson 1 Pravda a big fat ZERO.

I have more respect for my Loyalilst fellow Irishmen that I have for the 26 County cattle.

Last edited: