• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The state of Irish Journalism - Lets call them out

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
Irish MSM have little or no coverage of the wider consequences of the government policy in respect of the pandemic.

I get no sense of criticism of the government's willingness to let this open ended societal shut down to continue.

Apart from criticising the stress on the medical services, media has been virtually silent.

Has any churnalist asked why the authorities allowed people from Brazil - a country said to be ravaged with C19 - to enter our country unchecked?

Has any churnalist asked how as a country we can afford to keep paying C19 payments to 417k people, given the state of our national indebtedness?

Jan 1, 2020
Irish MSM have little or no coverage of the wider consequences of the government policy in respect of the pandemic.

I get no sense of criticism of the government's willingness to let this open ended societal shut down to continue.

Apart from criticising the stress on the medical services, media has been virtually silent.

Has any churnalist asked why the authorities allowed people from Brazil - a country said to be ravaged with C19 - to enter our country unchecked?

Has any churnalist asked how as a country we can afford to keep paying C19 payments to 417k people, given the state of our national indebtedness?

I was recently speaking to the oul lad about George Hook asking questions about COVID on Twitter. He was outraged. He thought it was very irresponsible for someone who was once considered a journalist to be asking questions. We've actually gotten to a stage where journalists are so inept/corrupt when it comes doing their jobs, which is to ask questions and poke holes at government policy, that people think it's radical when someone dares do the basics. I honestly don't know how we'll get ourselves out of this mess, when there's many people out there that question nothing and swallow everything.

D

Deleted member 3423

Non Registered Member
Only God can save us now. Zombie nation.
I was recently speaking to the oul lad about George Hook asking questions about COVID on Twitter. He was outraged. He thought it was very irresponsible for someone who was once considered a journalist to be asking questions. We've actually gotten to a stage where journalists are so inept/corrupt when it comes doing their jobs, which is to ask questions and poke holes at government policy, that people think it's radical when someone dares do the basics. I honestly don't know how we'll get ourselves out of this mess, when there's many people out there that question nothing and swallow everything.

Sep 15, 2020
I'm just wondering if people will eventually beg for lockdown because they're so used to it now.

D

Deleted member 3423

Non Registered Member
Her video exposing how they can't isolate the virus and therefore can't make a vaccine was stellar. She went through the legal channels and got the information officially in writing. Covid does exist but the fact that they are making a vaccine for a virus they can't isolate is scary.

whyfillaw

PI Member
Aug 3, 2018
why is there a FactCheck section in a rag like the churnal.ie where no fact checking is done by anyone "working" for that rag?
I was listening to Noose-TalkLess-Advertise-More on my evening walk last night when a lady with the name I think Sinéad Carroll was introduced by the presenter as a guest "Expert" for politics.She was introduced as some post holder in the churnal.ie.
I immediately switched over to something else as I knew what was coming.
Matt Cooper also has someone from this rag on weekly as an "Expert" .
I see a conspiracy at play here amongst the O'Brien owned Media in Ireland.

This stinks to high heavens and it leaves a bad lingering smell in the air.
The same applies to ORE TEE EEE where a "Group Think" attitude pervades throughout all its different media outlets , be it TV,Wireless or its online content.

Last edited:

icancani

PI Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hello @whyfillaw, Thanks for the review, your comment above brings me right back 10+ yrs ago to when I was a daily listener/viewer to all news and views and esp. Our'teehee & Poo'stalk.
Your analysis is most welcome and inspiring, leads me to thinking about alternative publications and broadcasts? The alternative news would be fairly independent, national, local surely as worthy of listenership/viewership?
Ireland needs broader input? We have sponsors in the general public So now we need to find suitable producers who can assemble interesting and broader debate and also take the wealth of existing daily material from all on-line contributions?
A good editing team could take 10 hours of video from 10 different contributors and make for very interesting viewing?
I'm sure we could do as good as the late late show or liveline ?

icancani

PI Member
Nov 23, 2020
Her video exposing how they can't isolate the virus and therefore can't make a vaccine was stellar. She went through the legal channels and got the information officially in writing. Covid does exist but the fact that they are making a vaccine for a virus they can't isolate is scary.
That's it, The next stage is to get an edited version of Gemma's vid there and put it into a new Alternative "B4 it's too Late late" show or the "Great Late Late Show" Have an Interesting Panel discuss and offer alternative expert opinion panel and a Call-In? 🎥📻📺📞☎️⚖️⏰💡🎙️

Top Bottom