Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The Slow death of Politics.ie

Fire2theRain

PI Member
I did see a video clip of Biden regretting his crime bill but its more likely to redeem himself in these changed times . I remember a former narco cop had a site on how to cheat drug dogs etc . He was so tired of arresting people for small amounts of weed .

Petaljam but Rainmaker had a go at baiting for a ban see him break all the rules !! The 2 landslides were the abortion and gay marriage referendum .He called me a racist because he claims i voted against them . I actually voted for them !

I did look up the narco cop. Someone has a dvd to sell, but it wouldn't help anyone. Who would take that risk? Yep, it's not nice being falsely accused. I was in similar position over laws to make it easier for Under 16s to change their gender. I was against this. Mercurial called me a few names.

New Children's Minister to make it easier for under-16s to change their gender

You can be baited to react and then you get a ban. Never post in anger.

Fire2theRain

PI Member
i try to always make my postings interesting and/or funny. And so , never post there at all. Why do they deserve my intellectual property for free ? they can just stick with their usual dullards and rant merchants.

A man (or woman) after my own heart. Do you need to add the Green Party to your pseudonym? If you have us in stiches as well, then I look forward to reading your post / intellectual property. :)

Fire2theRain

PI Member
POLITICS.IE EX POST F**KED OVER

"You can join this website, but our agent(s) or 'employee'(s) - moderator Rainmaker - can lie and defame you on the world wide web and you will have to suck it up. Admin (Tech Guy) will start a feedback thread "Permissions Issue in Appeals thread" about your complaint, but you can't expose our defamation - your posts will be deleted - suck it up. We will allow another poster to bait you - suck it up. We (admin Tech Guy) will join in with that poster and heap more calumny on you to cover our backsides - suck it up. Finally, should you attempt to refute our lies with empirical evidence you saved in html of the agent / 'employee' defamation on the world wide web - you will be banned. You are now Banned.

We will refuse to issue an unreserved public apology for any defamation by our agents / 'employees' on the world wide web. Suck that up. You have been Trumped.

StarryPlough01
Banned
Joined Nov 13, 2010
Messages 14,746I

Thread started by politics.ie admin Tech Guy here:
Permissions issue in Appeals thread

Fire2theRain

PI Member
Is Emily Malaprop still posting yonder or has she run under a horse?

Yes Emily is still posting. Emily does write malapropisms.

User Disabled Guy was also badly treated on p.ie. My post agreeing with him about arbitrary moderation was deleted by admin Tech Guy. His post was deleted as well. He wrote that politics.ie was dying - the post reminded me of this thread.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Yes Emily is still posting. Emily does write malapropisms.

User Disabled Guy was also badly treated on p.ie. My post agreeing with him about arbitrary moderation was deleted by admin Tech Guy. His post was deleted as well. He wrote that politics.ie was dying - the post reminded me of this thread.

Ok. I don't know how that place has managed to survive since Busted Flush took over. Freak show value perhaps.

Fire2theRain

PI Member
Ok. I don't know how that place has managed to survive since Busted Flush took over. Freak show value perhaps.

Is DJ Baxter 'Busted Flush'? Disabled Guy suggested admin Tech Guy is DJB - same tone.

Someone wrote that it's like a "club." I think there's a lot of truth in that statement. Dissenting opinions aren't welcome there. My membership of the club lasted 10 years.

atkin8

PI Member
Rainmaker is quiet on immigration threads lately . Baxter gave me an infraction for a comment that covid would disappear under Biden all sarcasm . His reply was he would not tolerate even humor about covid . !

Fire2theRain

PI Member
Rainmaker is quiet on immigration threads lately . Baxter gave me an infraction for a comment that covid would disappear under Biden all sarcasm . His reply was he would not tolerate even humor about covid . !

Baxter wanted to ban satire when he first arrived at politics.ie.

I now believe Tech Guy started his Permissions issue appeals thread for me as a trap. First clue - my right of reply post was immediately deleted. I'll give you your own thread, but you will have to wear our politics.ie straitjacket constraining your truth. Our site rules can change from moment to moment.

There's always someone who wants to put the boot in - carrying over their bitterness on a difference of opinion with you to another thread. It appears that Tech Guy was like a cunning fox waiting in his burrow for such an opportunity to arise - he then seized upon it to propagate defamation about StarryPlough01 (me).

Admin Rainmaker made a defamatory comment that I was manic in his reply to Caapulta's appeal. I had around 13 posts deleted by Rainmaker - the posts were staggered between 9 July and 26 August 2020.

I certainly would never publish "legally sensitive" [sic] posts as Rainmaker claimed on the world wide web. The content of my posts was already in the Public Domain - Niall Boylan Show, Twitter. Broadsheet on the Telly, politicalirish.com, mainstream media …. And that content is still up on those external websites.

One topic was even discussed in the Dail by TD Mattie McGrath - 'Does Tatchell or his foundation have input into Irish sex-ed teaching?' - RSE programmes in the schools. Concerned parents in Mattie's constituency had contacted him.

Tech Guy tried to claim Catapulta's appeal thread was only uploaded on politics.ie 'briefly.' No apology was forthcoming.

Politics.ie is a toxic bullying environment.

Last edited:

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
With all due respect to yourself and other victims of P.ie "oppression", the simplest solution to your problem is not to post there. I'm not sure why anyone other than a few balloons post there anyway!? It's about as dynamic and vibrant as

The site was purchased by Busted Flush, so he can do what he wants, including appointing mods who share his own political views. It's cliquish and sterile. Leave them to it.

Top Bottom