The Slow death of Politics.ie

Fire2theRain

PI Member
He's bang on about Tuam - it's a hoax.

Well worth reading:

Vengeful Glutton,

Sadly, your post reminds me of an offensive Mod Tag on politics.ie 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread.

An insensitive mod merged someone's thread entitled: 'The Phantom Holocaust' thread with the original 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread started by industrial school survivor Andrew49.
Mod Tag:
<Mod> [^^^ merging the above embolded phantom holocaust thread ^^^] </Mod>

See offensive Mod Tag at bottom of Post #1

Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies (Original Thread)

(1) In August 2018, when we first noticed the above Mod Tag, the OP of 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread - survivor Andrew49 - as well as myself asked for the ^^^ Mod Tag ^^^ to be removed.

I specifically asked on a politics.ie Mods Feedback thread:

What is meant by the moderator tag indicating the Tuam thread was "merged" with a fictitious Phantom Holocaust thread, which never existed? Is that tag meant to suggest that the Nazi Holocaust never happened, and the same is the case for the mass burials at Tuam?

And, in recent times, I asked...

(2) In June 2020, I repeated my request to have the Mod Tag removed. I stated that this Mod Tag demonstrates a lack of empathy and compassion for women and children - victims who have the right to Justice.

My second request to have the offensive Mod Tag removed was 'REJECTED' (sic). The Mod decision stated: 'Old Mod decision let stand.'

I said the Mod Tag trivialised the 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread. Survivors read the Tuam thread and it re-traumatises them.

Further, the Mod Tag is also an insult to the 1000s of readers who value the content of industrial school survivor Andrew49's 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread.

OP industrial school survivor Andrew49 was able to write a measured complaint under the Mod Tag in below split - Second 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread - before later politics.ie migrated software was installed - prohibiting a user editing their posts. View here ~
Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies (Second Thread)

Mother and Baby Homes Commission of Investigation's Fifth Interim Report:

[scientific analysis on underground chambers]
suggests that at least some of the chambers in which human remains were found were at some stage used to receive sewage”.

Reference:
Inquiry report into mother and baby homes may be delayed

Fiery (aka Starrry): We await the further delayed Final Report of the Commission of Investigation - expected to be published next year. Justice delayed is justice denied

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Vengeful Glutton,

Sadly, your post reminds me of an offensive Mod Tag on politics.ie 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread.

An insensitive mod merged someone's thread entitled: 'The Phantom Holocaust' thread with the original 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread started by industrial school survivor Andrew49.
Mod Tag:
<Mod> [^^^ merging the above embolded phantom holocaust thread ^^^] </Mod>

See offensive Mod Tag at bottom of Post #1

(1) In August 2018, when we first noticed the above Mod Tag, the OP of 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread - survivor Andrew49 - as well as myself asked for the ^^^ Mod Tag ^^^ to be removed.

I specifically asked on a politics.ie Mods Feedback thread:

And, in recent times, I asked...

(2) In June 2020, I repeated my request to have the Mod Tag removed. I stated that this Mod Tag demonstrates a lack of empathy and compassion for women and children - victims who have the right to Justice.

My second request to have the offensive Mod Tag removed was 'REJECTED' (sic). The Mod decision stated: 'Old Mod decision let stand.'

I said the Mod Tag trivialised the 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread. Survivors read the Tuam thread and it re-traumatises them.

Further, the Mod Tag is also an insult to the 1000s of readers who value the content of industrial school survivor Andrew49's 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread.

OP industrial school survivor Andrew49 was able to write a measured complaint under the Mod Tag in below split - Second 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread - before later politics.ie migrated software was installed - prohibiting a user editing their posts. View here ~
Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies (Second Thread)

Mother and Baby Homes Commission of Investigation's Fifth Interim Report:

[scientific analysis on underground chambers]
suggests that at least some of the chambers in which human remains were found were at some stage used to receive sewage”.

Reference:
Inquiry report into mother and baby homes may be delayed

Fiery (aka Starrry): We await the further delayed Final Report of the Commission of Investigation - expected to be published next year. Justice delayed is justice denied
Yes, I'm familiar with that thread. I vaguely remember Andrew49. Any sympathy I had for him evaporated quickly when he announced his intention to vote to repeal the eight. He was once a vulnerable, innocent child....

Read Nugent's book - if you can get over your prejudices.

Tuam is a hoax.

Fire2theRain

PI Member
Yes, I'm familiar with that thread. I vaguely remember Andrew49. Any sympathy I had for him evaporated quickly when he announced his intention to vote to repeal the eight. He was once a vulnerable, innocent child....

Read Nugent's book - if you can get over your prejudices.

Tuam is a hoax.

VG,

If only you could get over your bias!!

Survivor of notorious Ferryhouse industrial school - Andrew49

Andrew49's hands were left permanently disfigured after a psychotic nun pushed the back of his hands into an aperture of a stove when he was a small boy. He required hospital treatment and ongoing medical care for years.

It's baffling why you even care whichever way Andrew49 votes in a secret ballot. It's not my business how people vote. If you differ on a subject, it's your job to put up a cogent argument!

No anti-choice person I've ever spoken to had a child with a fetal abnormality that required 24 / 7 supervision and medical care for the rest of their child's life. Take the case of Dr Bernadette Scully and her severely disabled daughter Emily (microcephaly…). Possibly, Dr Scully couldn't foresee the devastating toll looking after Emily would have on her own health - the pure joy of loving Emily - mixed with a mother's unimaginable pain and anguish witnessing her daughter Emily's severe seizures… Devoted mother Dr Scully slept next to Emily to be there for her child, as needed. Until you have walked in Dr Scully's shoes, you couldn't possibly understand the responsibility, mental and physical exhaustion, heartache… 11 year old Emily couldn't communicate.

Politics.ie refusal to remove their offensive Mod Tag, which stated they were merging a thread entitled: The Phantom Holocaust with survivor Andrew49's 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread - totally disrespects all women and children survivors.

If I were the owner of politics.ie, I would expect administrators and moderators to adhere to ETHICS guidelines - concern and respect for others. To demonstrate *integrity.*

Ferryhouse industrial school survivor Andrew49 was the victim of a sadistic crime. As a child he lived in an atmosphere of constant fear and anxiety - punished excessively - and brutally - for no apparent reason - this is also supported by The Ryan Commission's findings.

________

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
VG,

If only you could get over your bias!!

Survivor of notorious Ferryhouse industrial school - Andrew49

Andrew49's hands were left permanently disfigured after a psychotic nun pushed the back of his hands into an aperture of a stove when he was a small boy. He required hospital treatment and ongoing medical care for years.

It's baffling why you even care whichever way Andrew49 votes in a secret ballot. It's not my business how people vote. If you differ on a subject, it's your job to put up a cogent argument!

No anti-choice person I've ever spoken to had a child with a fetal abnormality that required 24 / 7 supervision and medical care for the rest of their child's life. Take the case of Dr Bernadette Scully and her severely disabled daughter Emily (microcephaly…). Possibly, Dr Scully couldn't foresee the devastating toll looking after Emily would have on her own health - the pure joy of loving Emily - mixed with a mother's unimaginable pain and anguish witnessing her daughter Emily's severe seizures… Devoted mother Dr Scully slept next to Emily to be there for her child, as needed. Until you have walked in Dr Scully's shoes, you couldn't possibly understand the responsibility, mental and physical exhaustion, heartache… 11 year old Emily couldn't communicate.

Politics.ie refusal to remove their offensive Mod Tag, which stated they were merging a thread entitled: The Phantom Holocaust with survivor Andrew49's 'Mass unmarked grave in Tuam for 800 babies' thread - totally disrespects all women and children survivors.
If I were the owner of politics.ie, I would expect administrators and moderators to adhere to ETHICS guidelines - concern and respect for others. To demonstrate *integrity.*

Ferryhouse industrial school survivor Andrew49 was the victim of a sadistic crime. As a child he lived in an atmosphere of constant fear and anxiety - punished excessively - and brutally - for no apparent reason - this is also supported by The Ryan Commission's findings.

________
That's terrible and normally my heart would go out to someone who experienced such abuse, but how do I reconcile his treatment with the treatment of an unborn human being who has one appointment in this life - with a sopher clamp - AND the fact that Andrew49 approved of a form of sadism via the ballot box? Sorry, does not compute.

Ah yes, the 0.0000000000001% of abortions - the hard cases are used as an excuse for abortion on demand.

(Isaiah 5:20, anyone?)

As I said to you, get over your prejudices and read Nugent's book. It's excellent.

Fire2theRain

PI Member
That's terrible and normally my heart would go out to someone who experienced such abuse, but how do I reconcile his treatment with the treatment of an unborn human being who has one appointment in this life - with a sopher clamp - AND the fact that Andrew49 approved of a form of sadism via the ballot box? Sorry, does not compute.

Ah yes, the 0.0000000000001% of abortions - the hard cases are used as an excuse for abortion on demand.

(Isaiah 5:20, anyone?)

As I said to you, get over your prejudices and read Nugent's book. It's excellent.

I wonder if Doctor Scully wishes she had aborted Emily?

@Vengeful Glutton

Andrew49 has moved on, enjoying life to the full, and you are still here discussing him.

Dr Bernadette Scully adored Emily and she couldn't envisage a future without her.

Women to get abortion pills direct from GPs

Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland confirms abortions can now be carried out

@Satur9

I think politics.ie is stagnant. It desperately needs to attract new younger members.

I have written that Admin Rainmaker shows a clear pattern of bias against my political views. He deletes my posts when they differ from his political agenda. He should not be an admin or a mod. I write without fear or favour, and shouldn't be punished for my political viewpoint, nor should anyone else be.

I feel there should be a rotation of the mods in an anarcho-syndicalist model. Everyone takes a turn for a short period. Politics.ie should be run as an autonomous collective. There will need to be a legal entity, of which every member is an equal share owner, as outlined in a charter, signed by those members.

This comedy sketch makes harder sense than the current lot of politics.ie mods have ever made:

Autonomous Collective:

'Monty Python - Repressed Citizen'

The notion that a political discussion site can support open debate on issues of the day and, at the same time, be moderated by a politically biased clique established by a mysterious owner is patently absurd

(A big 'welcome' to new member Satur9)

atkin8

PI Member

This post was deleted as inappropriate on P.ie on a thread where almost every post trashes trump .The bias knows no bounds .

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member

This post was deleted as inappropriate on P.ie on a thread where almost every post trashes trump .The bias knows no bounds .
Do not waste your time there.

Free speech is Not Allowed.

Sluggerotoole is going the same way.

I have tried to post stuff about the SNP b being anti-Free Speech and they keep blocking those posts. They are also blocking anything against Joe Biden. Its begining to feel like a Totalitarian Communist / Fascist State ! !

Fire2theRain

PI Member

Atkin8,

I'm sorry to hear that your pov was deleted.

Joe Biden is the Kaiser WWI and Trump is Hitler WWII - they are the same thing.

It put Black Americans into mandatory minimum jail for drugs (weed) - not paedophilia, not rape…

By German Lopez@germanrlopezgerman.lopez@vox.com
Updated Jul 31, 2019, 10:24pm EDT

Joe Biden didn’t just support the war on drugs. He wrote much of the legislation behind it.

"As the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the late 1980s and early ’90s, Biden did not just support the war on drugs and mass incarceration; he wrote many of the laws that helped build a punitive criminal justice system. That included measures that enacted more incarceration, more prisons, and tougher prison sentences for drug offenses, particularly crack cocaine.​

Biden is as establishment as you can get. Whatever Biden has to say to get elected. That is the poor choice Americans have.

A positive, I feel… May be with Biden as POTUS , the US will be more cooperative with other nations - bi-lateral (not uni-lateral).

Who was the mod, if you feel like saying?

atkin8

PI Member
Atkin8,

I'm sorry to hear that your pov was deleted.

Joe Biden is the Kaiser WWI and Trump is Hitler WWII - they are the same thing.

It put Black Americans into mandatory minimum jail for drugs (weed) - not paedophilia, not rape…

By German Lopez@germanrlopezgerman.lopez@vox.com
Updated Jul 31, 2019, 10:24pm EDT

Joe Biden didn’t just support the war on drugs. He wrote much of the legislation behind it.

"As the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee in the late 1980s and early ’90s, Biden did not just support the war on drugs and mass incarceration; he wrote many of the laws that helped build a punitive criminal justice system. That included measures that enacted more incarceration, more prisons, and tougher prison sentences for drug offenses, particularly crack cocaine.​

Biden is as establishment as you can get. Whatever Biden has to say to get elected. That is the poor choice Americans have.

A positive, I feel… May be with Biden as POTUS , the US will be more cooperative with other nations - bi-lateral (not uni-lateral).

Who was the mod, if you feel like saying?
I did see a video clip of Biden regretting his crime bill but its more likely to redeem himself in these changed times . I remember a former narco cop had a site on how to cheat drug dogs etc . He was so tired of arresting people for small amounts of weed .

Petaljam but Rainmaker had a go at baiting for a ban see him break all the rules !! The 2 landslides were the abortion and gay marriage referendum .He called me a racist because he claims i voted against them . I actually voted for them !

Last edited:
Top Bottom