Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The Slow death of Politics.ie

jmcc

PI Member
Like he was obsessed with the place and then just vanished...

A distinguished member of our Civil Service IIRC.
Yep. His situation became unsustainable after IP gate. A few of the other Left leaning posters set up the Ceadar Lounge blog around the same time.

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
Two of in my opinion 'worst' posters on p.ie are mods here, but given that I may well be the 'worst' poster to some/many there and here it only goes to show beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder...

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Strictly speaking it's in their interests to make people believe that that's what they're doing.

Posters see through that and I think that's what happened on P.ie.

Hence the variety of threads complaining about mod action (or inaction) on threads with contestable, controversial content.

I'm not sure how the mods were supposed to "moderate", but presumably once one became involved in a debate, he/she waived his/her powers to moderate?

P

PiedPieper

Non Registered Member
What is a savage Ulster Prod anyway, perhaps it's a less than benign term among Nordies for Protestant culchies living in the sticks? I'm intrigued.

jpc

PI Member
Get over it, lads.
This is politicalirish.com. :rolleyes:
If ye all miss your home so much, head on back.....
Ah sure tis a bit of a reminiscing!

Colonel Zachariah

PI Member
What is a savage Ulster Prod anyway, perhaps it's a less than benign term among Nordies for Protestant culchies living in the sticks? I'm intrigued.
Only ever heard one person use the term, mucksavages is a common term generally aimed a rural students in GAA taps, in Tayrone prod culchies are know as hillybillys or mountain men and in Fermanagh as Bog Blacks, townies would be just Black Barstewarts or kunts...

blue velvet

PI Member
Was it a volte face, or did he ponder the integrity of his right wing position and find valid reasons for changing it?

Changing opinions is fine, but he was quite militant IMO.

I don't exactly know, but he was vehemently anti-abortion and a self-professed conservative at one point and then he morphed into this really annoying shitlib that was calling everyone 'far right'.

atkin8

PI Member
I only ever lurked on P.ie but the only poster I can remember by name is Cruimh, because he was so awful. What fascinates me about his name is that it means 'maggot' in Irish, and that the neologism 'cruimhthireach' (or cruifearach) is used for 'Presbyterian' in Ernest Blythe's Irish language writings (from cruimhthír, 'presbyter'). Cruimh was an Ulster Protestant I think, perhaps a Presbyterian, and a dreadful poster. If an Irish language novelist included a Presbyterian character who was lower than a worm, calling the character 'Cruimh' would be an act of Dickensian brilliance, and yet this fellow called himself this. Very strange!
Cruimh is on Irish Politics Online as a nazi mod .You get by there by posing inane rubbish .

I think the worst poster I ever encountered on P.ie was the one called 'Smiffy'

- a truly odious creature who posted there daily and yet was impossible to pin down other than he was some kind of leftish mushy type

- then - POOF - he disappeared!
I remember a guy at school with the nickname smiffy maybe its him ? He had this wierd habit of calling people for no reason .

Last edited:
Top Bottom