The Silent Majority - Million of Pro Spanish Catalans protests on the streets

I just notice that the Spanish rallies seem to attract more middle-aged, well-groomed and well-dressed folk whilst the Catalan rallies seem to attract student types with atrocious haircuts and scruffy clothes.

Spain needs to catch up on the propaganda stakes. Referendum day was handled abysmally.
I do believe there are a lot more Spanish unionist in Cataluña then the press and media recognise.

In order to accept the Catalan cause, you would have to accept that Spain, which has been a Nation for 500 years) is an artificial Statelet.
Thats a huge leap.

I personally would not like to live in an Independent Cataluña as it's political leadership are basically Podemos libtard types. It would be run like Berkeley University.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
In order to accept the Catalan cause, you would have to accept that Spain, which has been a Nation for 500 years) is an artificial Statelet.
Thats a huge leap.

I personally would not like to live in an Independent Cataluña as it's political leadership are basically Podemos libtard types. It would be run like Berkeley University.

Nobody could suggest that the Basque Country is a natural part of Spain. For that reason alone you'd have to accept that Spain is an artificial state - just like the so called "UK."

Nobody could suggest that the Basque Country is a natural part of Spain. For that reason talone you'd have to accept that Spain is an artificial state - just like the so called "UK."
The world changes. 150 years ago Alaska was part of Russia.
Spain has been a Nation for 500 years.
Imagine if we got a UI, and Unionists in North-East wanted to secede. Would we let them?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
The world changes. 150 years ago Alaska was part of Russia.
Spain has been a Nation for 500 years.
Imagine if we got a UI, and Unionists in North-East wanted to secede. Would we let them?

Of course not, but Ireland has been a nation for a lot longer than 500 years. And really Spain has never been a nation, as it includes the Basques, who don't even speak an Indo-European language - they are completely different to the Spainish - which the Catalans probably aren't.

Of course not, but Ireland has been a nation for a lot longer than 500 years. And really Spain has never been a nation, as it includes the Basques, who don't even speak an Indo-European language - they are completely different to the Spainish - which the Catalans probably aren't.

Well the Catalan "nation" is part in Spain and part in France, so why have they not declared independence for all the nation.
It's a sham. The declaration of independence refers only to the Spanish side....making it an artificial nation which never existed.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Well the Catalan "nation" is part in Spain and part in France, so why have they not declared independence for all the nation.
It's a sham. The declaration of independence refers only to the Spanish side....making it an artificial nation which never existed.

That's a detail I wouldn't know anything about. I'm just saying that Spain isn't a natural nation. It's a collection of nations unified by force.

Top Bottom