Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The shutting down of free speech in the USA - from the President down

DrPat2

PI Member
It appears as part of the effort by those opposed to President Donald Trump and the MAGA movement, Big Tech including Facebook Twitter and other companies are making a concerted and co-ordinated effort to remove not only President Trump but also those people who support the President from social media.

Examples

1. President Trump

His account with c. 88 million followers has been permanently suspended by Twitter.

President Trump's facebook account was also locked indefinitely

2. It is being reported this evening that Apple have warned Parler to clean up the content on their app otherwise it will be deplatformed from Iphones

3. The #WalkAway campaign, a grassroots Patrioic movement which lets people give personal testimonies of their break with Leftist ideology and movements (504,000 so far according to B. Straka, its leader) and Straka and their 12 employees' facebook accounts has been removed by facebook - according to Straka in an interview on Bannon War Room this evening.

4. The twitter accounts of General Mike Flynn, Attorneys Sidney Powell and Lin Wood have all been suspended

Many others on the right are expressing concern that they too will be prevented from expressing their views publicly on social media.

So much for free speech in the Land of the Free. This does not augur well for the future of the U.S.A.

Last edited:

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
The Right were remiss not to have constructed their own platforms. Relying on the good graces of Big Tech is just another example of their shortsightedness and lack of sheer brutalism. The vast array of weapons in the right hands is one thing the US patriots still have to their advantage. Its an advantage they should now play.

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
It appears as part of the effort by those opposed to President Donald Trump and the MAGA movement, Big Tech including Facebook Twitter and other companies are making a concerted and co-ordinated effort to remove not only President Trump but also those people who support the President from social media.

Examples

1President Trump

His account with 88 million followers by Twitter his account has been permanently suspended.

President Trump's facebook account was also locked indefinitely

2. It is being reported this evening that Apple have warned Parler to clean up the content on their app otherwise it will be deplatformed from Iphones

3. The walkaway campaign, a grassroots movement which lets Leftists give personal testimonies (504,000 so far according to someone Straka, its leader) and Straka and their 12 employees facebook accounts has been removed by facebook - according to Straka in an interview on Bannon War Room this evening.

4. The twitter accounts of General Mike Flynn, Attorneys Sidney Powell and Lin Wood have all been suspended

Many others on the right are expressing concern that they too will be prevented from expressing their views publicly on social media.

So much for free speech in the Land of the Free.
Patriots with Apple devices? surely not.

TW Tone

PI Member
Don't forget Senator Josh Hawley of Missouri.
He had a book contract with I think Simon and Schuster.
They have cancelled it now, because of his work as a Senator who wanted scrutiny of the election.
The subject of his book?
The Threat Posed by Big Tech !!!!
Connect the dots....

Major Infraction

PI Member
A tiny little alarm bell rings with me, when a giant, globally-spread, communications Corporate, the biggest in the world, decides as to what gets said, and heard, and not said, and not heard.

No matter what that message is.

Did you vote for them?

I know that I didn’t.

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
A tiny little alarm bell rings with me, when a giant, globally-spread, communications Corporate, the biggest in the world, decides as to what gets said, and heard, and not said, and not heard.

No matter what that message is.

Did you vote for them?

I know that I didn’t.
did you buy their products?

Top Bottom