• Start date
  • Replies 72
  • Views 2K
P

PiedPieper

Non Registered Member
Thread for discussion and media relating to the 1980 film, The Shining

🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️

Easily one of the greatest horror and thriller films of all time. I never get sick of watching it and look forward to having a go at the board game.

The classic horror movie The Shining is getting a tabletop board game adaptation. Last week, Mixlore announced they were making a tabletop board game based on The Shining, the 1980 classic directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Jack Nicholson. The game is a co-op game with a traitor mechanic, in which players explore the Overlook Hotel while trying to fend off the hotel's corrupting influence. One player will act as the traitor, who has already succumbed to the terrible forces of the hotel and secretly works to keep players imprisoned there. The game will be released later this year, and is made for three to five players. Estimated playtime for the game is 45-60 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

PiedPieper

Non Registered Member
Rob Ager - Mystery of the twins

Karloff

PI Member
Has anyone seen Doctor Sleep? It's a sequel to The Shining. I expected it to be shit but I really enjoyed it.
Big fan of Ewan McGregor. I would watch it for him alone but i liked the villains in the book especially 'Irish Rose'.

Karloff

PI Member
She was amazing, best part about the film. I loved the villains storyline.
Excellent movie, best horror i have seen in a long while. Very true to the book and it's spirit, goes to some lengths to include small details from the book to make it all well fleshed out. The theme is very dark (we are talking about people who feed on children's souls to stay immortal the contrast is with Danny who helps the elderly who are dying find peace at the end of their lives) and i was surprised they even included the scene of the child being tortured to death. Sometimes Hollywood gives us a pleasant surprise and this movie was it.

Some really good special effects too, low on jump scares big on atmosphere and characters.

Last edited:

Karloff

PI Member
One of the most haunting scenes ever. Very relevant too in light of Pizzagate, Epstein's island and Satanic Ritual Abuse etc.
You read my mind. I hear they are looking into making Stephen King's Revival into a movie too. They should hire a lot of the same people who made this one. Revival's ending is very dark - they must preserve that.

OP
P

PiedPieper

Non Registered Member

Top Bottom