Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

The Shining

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium

Lolita obviously is about a Paedophile but there are lots of subtle and not so subtle references to it in Eyes Wide Shut, including one big one which I had missed for years, even having seen it a number of times. I won't spoil it for you but its fairly shocking when you see it.
There are so many hints at Paedophelia in Kubrick movies you would wonder if he was telling us something, most people get caught up in moon landing hoax nonsense that they fail to see the obvious.
Ye I just stayed away from the two films, would only be tempted looking at eyes wide shut, but I'll see, I always thought of it as a film I didn't need to watch :) and still think so. Ye seen the moon landing stuff regards him and analysis of film on such thoughts Secrets of The Shining: Or How Faking the Moon Landings Nearly Cost Stanley Kubrick his Marriage and his Life By Jay Weidner, hard to know who's trolling who, his films are some of the most analysed ever and all kinds of everything could be pulled out of them, such was the numerous reference points people could make links in their heads from.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
Ye I just stayed away from the two films, would only be tempted looking at eyes wide shut, but I'll see, I always thought of it as a film I didn't need to watch :) and still think so. Ye seen the moon landing stuff regards him and analysis of film on such thoughts Secrets of The Shining: Or How Faking the Moon Landings Nearly Cost Stanley Kubrick his Marriage and his Life By Jay Weidner, hard to know who's trolling who, his films are some of the most analysed ever and all kinds of everything could be pulled out of them, such was the numerous reference points people could make links in their heads from.
They're definitely over analysed to a crazy degree, Used to watch Weidner a lot but don't know if I believe in the moon landing story..who knows though it could be true. The fact that every single detail in his films was put there deliberately means they will be forever analysed to death.

Karloff

PI Member
Film has some of the most evocative cinematography i have ever seen. The people who made this knew how to create atmosphere, film makers today do not know how to properly use light in movies, scenes tend to be overlit - natural light is underused.

My favourite part is the first quarter of the movie before Nicholson goes weird. People hate on the actress but i think she did a brilliant job of playing a natural person with frailties and hopes.

They're definitely over analysed to a crazy degree, Used to watch Weidner a lot but don't know if I believe in the moon landing story..who knows though it could be true. The fact that every single detail in his films was put there deliberately means they will be forever analysed to death.
Sorry I have no opinion on the lad, I'm not up with his work just know some reference points :), I'm going with the, they did land, personally, otherwise we are all fucked as far as I'm concerned. That was a time that the west peaked, when we could, it's been all down hill since then, and why I think people have lost faith in many ways regards such an accomplishment, JFK getting wacked changed the US around that time as well in a seriously negative way, even though he was a complete mess, but in comparison to today he would be praised a saint, where faith in the system really started to wain in the eventual sole superpower, and this collapse of righteous power based on principles and ideals is having a deleterious effect on the whole, greed among many sins has taken over.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Some interesting theories floating about, including the suggestion that Jack Torrance is the Devil and the hotel itself hell.

The 10 strangest conspiracy theories surrounding The Shining

The concept is simple: the Overlook Hotel is hell and a manifestation of Jack’s deepest fears. But theorists are split on whether Jack merely made a pact with the Devil in order to get a drink at the bar or if the demented writer is actually the Devil himself. Evidence for the latter: the old black-and-white photo of Jack from the end of the film where he is seemingly trapped in 1921 shows him in the exact same pose as the Baphomet (aka Devil) Tarot card.

Top Bottom