Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The Shining

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
Thread for discussion and media relating to the 1980 film, The Shining

🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️

Easily one of the greatest horror and thriller films of all time. I never get sick of watching it and look forward to having a go at the board game.

The classic horror movie The Shining is getting a tabletop board game adaptation. Last week, Mixlore announced they were making a tabletop board game based on The Shining, the 1980 classic directed by Stanley Kubrick and starring Jack Nicholson. The game is a co-op game with a traitor mechanic, in which players explore the Overlook Hotel while trying to fend off the hotel's corrupting influence. One player will act as the traitor, who has already succumbed to the terrible forces of the hotel and secretly works to keep players imprisoned there. The game will be released later this year, and is made for three to five players. Estimated playtime for the game is 45-60 minutes.

Last edited:

Conall Gulban

PI Member
Easily one of the greatest horror and thriller films of all time. I never get sick of watching it and look forward to having a go at the board game.

Rob Ager does great analysis of the Shining, wouldn't agree with all of it but I've learned a lot from his videos. Especially the relationship between Danny and Jack, something I'd never considered until I watched this video. The depth to this film is incredible.

OP
DS86DS

DS86DS

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Premium
i love the way Stephen King weaves real world problems into his stories...alcoholism, dementia, mental illness, anti social behaviour, crime.

he is a genius.
Stephen King apparently wasn't too happy with Jack Nicholson getting the role in the film, something to do with Nicholson been too predictable as he had played the sane man gone crazy role in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest only a few years beforehand from what I remember.

Rob Ager does great analysis of the Shining, wouldn't agree with all of it but I've learned a lot from his videos. Especially the relationship between Danny and Jack, something I'd never considered until I watched this video. The depth to this film is incredible.

Sometimes your better off not thinking on these things, I was reminded of the pedobear meme, and ended up finding some references to this from 2013 Talk:Pedobear - Wikipedia regards the film, bears, hair and child abuse. Clowns have a similar thing, steven kings IT novel, had the virgin child sex orgy to save the world, but compare the subtlety of Kubrick to the garbage produced in hollywood in this case a will ferrell adult swim skit on kids and clowns, only link i could find, has some extra added commentary by someone else at the end, it's actually quiet disturbing.

Never watched eyes wide shut or lolita due to their content but again lots of hidden messages from what I've read, and lolita is about pedo's as far as I know, i cannot find proper sources on this but he definitely spent a lot of time looking at such stuff Nicole Kidman: 'Stanley Kubrick Said Pedophiles Run The World', her father had certain allegations over him right before he died, hard to find anything on it though.

CNN - Showbuzz - October 6, 1999
LONDON (CNN) -- Britain's Prince Andrew and Australian actress Nicole Kidman teamed up Wednesday in a campaign to end child abuse in Great Britain. They were pictured on the cover of celebrity magazine Hello! to publicize the cause.

Inside, Andrew -- the chairman of a campaign launched by the British National Society for The Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) -- is quoted as saying, "I was staggered to learn that between one and two children die as a result of abuse in Britain every week -- and most during their first year of life." He has been recruiting celebrities like Kidman to help bring attention to the issue.

Kidman, who co-stars in the late Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" with her husband Tom Cruise, told the magazine, "Children should be allowed to grow up without fear of cruelty."
Campaign to end child abuse involving Prince Andrew, ye sure, pull my other leg, alongside the star of eyes wide shut, I'll give Nicole the benefit of the doubt for now and was just being used, but I think the Anglo countries at the top at least might have a real pedo problem, and maybe he was famous/smart enough to notice.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
Sometimes your better off not thinking on these things, I was reminded of the pedobear meme, and ended up finding some references to this from 2013 Talk:Pedobear - Wikipedia regards the film, bears, hair and child abuse. Clowns have a similar thing, steven kings IT novel, had the virgin child sex orgy to save the world, but compare the subtlety of Kubrick to the garbage produced in hollywood in this case a will ferrell adult swim skit on kids and clowns, only link i could find, has some extra added commentary by someone else at the end, it's actually quiet disturbing.

Never watched eyes wide shut or lolita due to their content but again lots of hidden messages from what I've read, and lolita is about pedo's as far as I know, i cannot find proper sources on this but he definitely spent a lot of time looking at such stuff Nicole Kidman: 'Stanley Kubrick Said Pedophiles Run The World', her father had certain allegations over him right before he died, hard to find anything on it though.

CNN - Showbuzz - October 6, 1999

Campaign to end child abuse involving Prince Andrew, ye sure, pull my other leg, alongside the star of eyes wide shut, I'll give Nicole the benefit of the doubt for now and was just being used, but I think the Anglo countries at the top at least might have a real pedo problem, and maybe he was famous/smart enough to notice.
Lolita obviously is about a Paedophile but there are lots of subtle and not so subtle references to it in Eyes Wide Shut, including one big one which I had missed for years, even having seen it a number of times. I won't spoil it for you but its fairly shocking when you see it.
There are so many hints at Paedophelia in Kubrick movies you would wonder if he was telling us something, most people get caught up in moon landing hoax nonsense that they fail to see the obvious.

Top Bottom