• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Scam that is this "Property Recovery" - only 0.2% of our Property Stock Transacts Per Month!!

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
It'll take us 43 years to fill all empty houses

200,000 homes may need to be bulldozed -- bank

Nick Webb
June 10 2012 5:00 AM

It'll take us 43 years to fill all empty houses - Independent.ie

There were 50,732 dwellings where all the occupants were temporarily absent on Census Night.

Vacant holiday homes accounted for 62,148 housing units.

The remaining 183,312 were vacant houses and apartments, of which 140,120 were vacant houses and 43,192 were vacant apartments.

Housing Stock - CSO - Central Statistics Office

Irish Property Price Register ::: Graphs

Well I guess it's either the buyers are runnin outta Balls, the Banks are runnin outta money &/or...

I hope Eurodweebz in SF, FF & FG are proud of what they have done to our Right to Housing...

The European Union of Bankers, Bombers & Bankers that want to Bomb You!

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
All of those empty homes need to be subject to a compulsory order from the state and put to use to end the housing crisis. Of course, those homes should only be for the Native Irish - and particularly for Native Irish couples who undertake to give the nation children.

OP
OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account
191,559 “Impaired” Mortgages, this includes 119,070 “Restructured” Mortgages & 72,489 Mortgages in Arrears minus "Jingle Mail" & Voluntary / Involuntary Repossessions

Mortgage Arrears | Central Bank of Ireland

10% of all residential mortgages in Ireland are in arrears

Whilst Members of the Eurozone we will never have a Property Market.

Ireland's National Debt 2001 (Pre € Introduction): €36.2 Billion

Historical Debt | National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA)

Ireland's National Debt today: €204 Billion with Annual Interest of circa €10 Billion!

Ireland National Debt Clock :: National Debt Clocks

All of those empty homes need to be subject to a compulsory order from the state and put to use to end the housing crisis. Of course, those homes should only be for the Native Irish - and particularly for Native Irish couples who undertake to give the nation children.
There is a scheme in Poland where a young married natural couple can rent an apartment or house within a development for low rent for 10 years allowing them to start their family and save towards purchasing their own home. Not aimed at freeloading dole scroungers but at working people. I can't remember if part of the rent is saved on their behalf and given back in a lump sum at the end of ten years.

I am seeing more and more social housing being bordered up with notices saying that they are to be redeveloped.

I wonder if the whole housing market is being artificially forced into a bubble for short-term gain?
There is no doubt that the government is trying to artificially create a 'vibrant property market'. The propaganda around the 'homeless crisis' the recent provision of 1000 low cost mortgages the constant media focus on shortage of housing is an attempt to get a boom going again. FG certainly want their turn in the good times just as FF had.
There is certainly not the kind of demand for property as we are being led to believe.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
There is a scheme in Poland where a young married natural couple can rent an apartment or house within a development for low rent for 10 years allowing them to start their family and save towards purchasing their own home. Not aimed at freeloading dole scroungers but at working people. I can't remember if part of the rent is saved on their behalf and given back in a lump sum at the end of ten years.

Great idea.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I am seeing more and more social housing being bordered up with notices saying that they are to be redeveloped.

I wonder if the whole housing market is being artificially forced into a bubble for short-term gain?

Of course it is. That's how these thieving scum work.

A new report is predicting house prices to keep rising over the next 12 months

This is typical of the propaganda. The journal is shite anyway but they talk about s report from the Sunday Times predicting 8% to 20% increases in property prices.

'The price guide is compiled based on interviews, current prices and analysis of trends.'

Now how can you determine that house in Limerick will rise in value by 20% over the course of a year? Or how can you base a 20% rise based on current price? And what 'trend' ever since the dawn of time could possibly tell you that a house will rise by 20% in a year?

Do the times still own property website my home.ie?

Auctioneers are a pack of guessers, can't understand how it's viewed as a profession. They advertise a property, wait for someone to come in and bid and then the price goes up. They couldn't value a loaf of bread if it didn't have a price tag on it. I recall a newspaper article where a football club were considering selling their pitch for development and buying and developing a new site. The newspapers property expert valued the site at between 1 and 2 million. How is that a valuation? Anyway it more than 4 million.​

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
A new report is predicting house prices to keep rising over the next 12 months

This is typical of the propaganda. The journal is shite anyway but they talk about s report from the Sunday Times predicting 8% to 20% increases in property prices.

'The price guide is compiled based on interviews, current prices and analysis of trends.'

Now how can you determine that house in Limerick will rise in value by 20% over the course of a year? Or how can you base a 20% rise based on current price? And what 'trend' ever since the dawn of time could possibly tell you that a house will rise by 20% in a year?

Do the times still own property website my home.ie?

Auctioneers are a pack of guessers, can't understand how it's viewed as a profession. They advertise a property, wait for someone to come in and bid and then the price goes up. They couldn't value a loaf of bread if it didn't have a price tag on it. I recall a newspaper article where a football club were considering selling their pitch for development and buying and developing a new site. The newspapers property expert valued the site at between 1 and 2 million. How is that a valuation? Anyway it more than 4 million.​
Very unlikely, given that interest rates are increasing and the property market is already in decline in both the USA and England.

Thecageyone

Political Irish
I have to say I find a lot of truth in this thread, I am been scratching my head wondering where this housing boom is, yet again I believe its the same old story of Dublin dictating to the rest of the country. If Dublin is having it good then who cares about the rest of Ireland.

It certainly is. Prioritising low cost homes for young working people with kids should be a key part of the national agenda. Just as keeping home costs under control should be instead of deliberately inflating home prices for the good of the few and to the detriment of many.

Those who's main ambition is life is to have a nice house for almost free from the taxpayer with a weekly hand out by way of dole should be going to the back of the queue with the non nationals that come here for the free ride. Would encourage them to better themselves and get a job.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
It certainly is. Prioritising low cost homes for young working people with kids should be a key part of the national agenda. Just as keeping home costs under control should be instead of deliberately inflating home prices for the good of the few and to the detriment of many.

Those who's main ambition is life is to have a nice house for almost free from the taxpayer with a weekly hand out by way of dole should be going to the back of the queue with the non nationals that come here for the free ride. Would encourage them to better themselves and get a job.

The only trouble is that the Leinster House Régime doesn't have a national agenda. It has a Globalist agenda.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Slide by Housing-Sector Share Prices Deepens

The housing index erosion is more than double that of the market value of common equity.

In response to the Federal Open Market Committee’s latest policy statement, the 10-year Treasury yield dipped slightly to 2.71%, and the market value of U.S. common stock ended Wednesday effectively unchanged. However, the PHLX index of housing-sector share prices sank by 0.69% for the day. Since the interest-rate inspired sell-off of U.S. equities began following the market close on Friday, the 3.60% plunge by the housing-sector share price index has been much deeper than the accompanying 1.74% slide by the market value of common equity.

The net supply of marketable U.S. Treasury securities increased from fiscal 2015’s $533 billion to fiscal 2016’s $825 billion. Nevertheless, in that same interval the average 10-year Treasury yield fell from 2.15% billion to 1.85% as the annual percent change of pretax operating profits switched direction from the 3.7% rise of fiscal 2015 to the 6.8% contraction of fiscal 2016.

By contrast, 2018’s prospective surge in the net supply of tradable Treasury securities is expected to occur in the context of an acceleration by pretax operating profits growth from 2017’s prospective 4.8% to 2018’s 6.1%. Thus, barring a contraction by interest-sensitive business activity, higher benchmark interest rates are likely.

A recent Blue Chip Financial Forecast has the 10-year Treasury yield averaging 3% by 2018’s final quarter. Not since the 3.21% of 2011’s second quarter has the 10-year Treasury yield averaged at least 3% for a calendar quarter.

If realized, the 3.9% world economic growth expected by the IMF for 2018 would be the fastest such growth rate since the 4.2% of 2011. When world real GDP’s annual growth rate peaked for the current upturn at the 5.4% of 2010, the 10-year Treasury yield averaged 3.21%.

Slide by Housing-Sector Share Prices Deepens | Moody's Analytics Economy.com