Hot The random chat/waffle thread

Goaty

PI Member
Threads
Well this is fun. In just over two hours I have prevented my network from being accessed 171 times. :)

Belgrade

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
Well this is fun. In just over two hours I have prevented my network from being accessed 171 times. :)
You must change IP a lot!

You can turn the Notifications off.

Threads
John Gray once wrote that in today's modern society we have made a fetish for choice, however a chosen death is forbidden. The Greeks and Romans often choose death rather than lead a worthless life. As humans have become more 'moral', such deaths are beyond reach. Maybe one thing that distinguishes humans from other animals is that humans learnt to cling more abjectly to life. One of the few statements by a European writer that the deaths of humans are no different from those of other animals appears under the name of Bernardo Soares.

If I carefully consider the life a man leads, I find nothing to distinguish it from the life an animal leads. Both man and animal are hurled unconsciously through things and the world; both have interludes of amusement; both daily follow the same organic itinerary; both think nothing beyond what they think, nor live beyond what they live. A cat wallows in the sun and goes to sleep. Man wallows in life, with all its complexities, and goes to sleep. Neither one escapes the fatal law of being who or what it is.

That is a simple truth that is rarely ever mentioned at all.

Threads
Was listening to the Niall Boylan show on account of the radio feed, the call-in nutters are even crazier at night. It's like crank central. Boylan is an establishment troll.

bartypus

Political Irish
Threads
Was listening to the Niall Boylan show on account of the radio feed, the call-in nutters are even crazier at night. It's like crank central. Boylan is an establishment troll.
What was the topic?

I listened to him this afternoon and the amount of calls in support of Bertie rejoining Fianna Fail was shocking, how short the memories of the Irish are.

Threads
What was the topic?

I listened to him this afternoon and the amount of calls in support of Bertie rejoining Fianna Fail was shocking, how short the memories of the Irish are.
Someone was giving out about single mothers looking for social housing. I know there's a housing problem and sometimes folks aren't the brightest or the sharpest tool in the box and don't plan ahead and stuff happens but yeah the country and the Eurozone is in a bit of a state at the moment. Maybe that's just my gynocentrism kicking in.

Malcolm

Political Irish
Threads
Someone was giving out about single mothers looking for social housing. I know there's a housing problem and sometimes folks aren't the brightest or the sharpest tool in the box and don't plan ahead and stuff happens but yeah the country and the Eurozone is in a bit of a state at the moment. Maybe that's just my gynocentrism kicking in.
Sounds like an episode of Joe duffy, or John duffy!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9oiO6RVKrU&list=RDC9oiO6RVKrU#t=50

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmfP6y7s7c

Top Bottom