• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The Race For The Scottish Premier League

GlesgaPapist

PI Member
I'm praying for the day it's no longer a two horse race. There are only three clubs who can ever compete with the Old Firm, though - Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Realistically there are only two sides competing for the title this season, and so I'm hoping Rangers win it (which I appreciate is likely to be unpopular on here).

TW Tone

PI Member
I'm praying for the day it's no longer a two horse race. There are only three clubs who can ever compete with the Old Firm, though - Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Realistically there are only two sides competing for the title this season, and so I'm hoping Rangers win it (which I appreciate is likely to be unpopular on here).
Has it occurred to you that many people on this site couldn't give a damn who wins the Scotch Soccer League?

GlesgaPapist

PI Member
Has it occurred to you that many people on this site couldn't give a damn who wins the Scotch Soccer League?
Indeed. But then I'd imagine they'd simply ignore this thread, though it wasn't me who created it in the first place.

It was good to see Celtic failed to win today.

@graceland.com

PI Member
I wouldn't mind if she had, so long as they challenged the Old Firm!
The reality is that every team in Scotland are the same except Celtic.
Celtic are the manifestation of the Irish in Glasgow. Hibs and Dundee United to a lesser extent but they no longer garner any Irish support in Scotland. So i want Celtic to win the league because they are the manifestation of the Irish in Glasgow and have had to battle throughout their history to get where they are now.

GlesgaPapist

PI Member
The reality is that every team in Scotland are the same except Celtic.
Celtic are the manifestation of the Irish in Glasgow. Hibs and Dundee United to a lesser extent but they no longer garner any Irish support in Scotland. So i want Celtic to win the league because they are the manifestation of the Irish in Glasgow and have had to battle throughout their history to get where they are now.
Hibs still have an element in their support that celebrate their Irish roots. You'll obviously know the meaning of the word Hibernian, so it shouldn't surprise anybody. However Celtic are very much an Irish club, still. Lots of fans still come over from Ireland, and the club flies the tricolour on top of the main stand still. Dundee Utd aren't really Irish anymore, as far as I'm aware. George Galloway;s from Dundee and supported Celtic, as do many who still value their Irish heritage, which is a shame.

Not a Liverpool fan, but would be pleased for Stevie G if he managed Rangers to the title this season.:)
Aye, I would too. I like Stevie G.

@graceland.com

PI Member
Hibs still have an element in their support that celebrate their Irish roots. You'll obviously know the meaning of the word Hibernian, so it shouldn't surprise anybody. However Celtic are very much an Irish club, still. Lots of fans still come over from Ireland, and the club flies the tricolour on top of the main stand still. Dundee Utd aren't really Irish anymore, as far as I'm aware. George Galloway;s from Dundee and supported Celtic, as do many who still value their Irish heritage, which is a shame.

Aye, I would too. I like Stevie G.
I was born in the gorbals, we only supported Celtic, in fact I never even thought of hibs as having any irish connection when I was at school in glasgow, later on i knew more sbout them. I only discovered that dundee united were originall called Dundee hibs and had an Irish connection about 15 years ago.

imagine if all the Celtic types moved to Northern Ireland ?

and imagine if all the N.I. based fans of Rangers were to move to live in Glasgow ?

what would wee miss Krankie say ?

Top Bottom