The Palestinian arts and culture thread

Yes, you are right, there are large numbers of Palestinians in those countries.

Here they are, being kept captive to use as a weapon against Israel. Little you care, unless their weaponisation may be brought to fruition.

Whereas the dabke has been part of Levantine culture for centuries.

Yes, the Jews are a part of that culture.

The dabke was always a dance that brought people together. Not stirred divisions.

Now, back on topic with you.
All Semites together as it should be, the one state solution is coming.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
It certainly is remarkable how excellent Palestinian art is compared to Irish visual art. Even though the populations are something similar. Maybe its because Ireland has lost its sense of self as a nation. Every Irish artist has become an atomized producer of content for the Anglophere markets.

The vast majority of the violence in Palestine past and present has flown from the ideological positions pushed by people such as "Bill the Boer"? Do you think that "Bill the Boer" should be imprisoned? If you do well than fair enough- and Tadgh probably agrees with you.
You imprison who you like, urging people to kill and be killed is wrong.

"We do not want Israelis to become Arabs. We are bound by duty to fight against the spirit of the Levant that corrupts individuals and society."- David Ben Gurion.

Or were part of that culture- due to the deliberate policies of Zionist colonialism how much they remain so today, is an open question, the cultural and spiritual Shoah visited on their grandparents by the likes of Ben Gurion and his ilk with no roots at all in that culture has left so many of them easy prey for things such as drug addiction, sexual degeneracy, alcohol abuse, crime, etc, etc which for all their cultural pathologies are a lot more rare in Levantine cultures than they have become in Western cultures. This brings us to surreal aspect of Zionist colonialism- it was founded on a belief that Jews couldn't live peacefully in European cultures and yet everything Western and Central European gets placed on a pedestal there while prior to 1977 anything Judeo-Arabic or North African was ruthlessly repressed and still to this day hasn't made much of a come back. Something that you probably know but that others on here will not outside of the Poster Without a Name is that though they face education or not massively higher rates of unemployment that Muslim and Christian "Arab Israelis" have significantly higher rates of University attendance in the Zionist colonial project that Mizrachi or Sephardic Jews due the how Ashkenazi supremacists have moulded the education system for Jews there. The "Iron Wall" ideology that both you and Poster Without a Name subscribe to by the way in the medium to long term acts against the safety of your Zionist State which is seen an artificial foreign imposition by the over whelming majority of Levantines that sooner or later is going to vanish.
More made up nonsense, that's all in your anti Jew mind.

It certainly is remarkable how excellent Palestinian art is compared to Irish visual art. Even though the populations are something similar. Maybe its because Ireland has lost its sense of self as a nation. Every Irish artist has become an atomized producer of content for the Anglophere markets.
Ah, I don't know about that. Maybe you just have to look a bit harder.

One small example, the brilliant Jordanian-Palestinian artist I linked just above admired (liked) the work of this Belfast artist - Michael Taylor's Profile on Talenthouse

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
You have to look at the context of that statement.

In Ben Gurion's time, the Jews, trying to take their place in the world, were fighting against such widespread perceptions of them, that Jews, like Blacks, lived outside of the progress of Western Civilization.

What probably turned that completely around, was actually Kalman Katznelson's openly racist book 'The Ashkenazi Revolution' where he argued the genetic inferiority of the Sephardim Jew.

That one book changed attitudes in Israel, wholesale. Ashkenazi Jews were repulsed, and aside from banning the horrible book, the vast majority began back on the road to valuing all aspects of Jewish culture, Levantine aspects included.
You are gas! Look you wouldn't know who Kalman Katznelson was if I had not told you about him. Have you actually read "The Ashkenazi Revolution"? I have linked to it before and regard it for all the repugnant nature of it's sheer unbridled arrogance as work of genius. If you read it you will see that it is very unclear whether you considers North African, Levantine and Iranian Jews as inferior for cultural or genetic reasons. What Kalman Katznelson did was call a spade and spade by asking for the end of the hypocrisy of the façade of "Zionist Jewish unity"- the book changed nothing for the Mizrachi and Sephardim in terms of the Labour Zionist regimes attitude to them and wasn't banned because the Ashkenazi Elite were appalled by it's racism but were appalled by it's bluntness and his shredding the illusions that they told themselves about themselves while acting in a completely different manner, the other reason that it was banned was the Mizrachi rioting following it becoming a best seller. Of course the Zionist colonial project doesn't value all aspects of Jewish culture and currently Beta-Israel are being put through the same processes that the Judeo-Arabs were put through. What actually changed things for the Judeo-Arabs though clearly they are still being oppressed by the Ashkenazi Zionist establishment (though not nearly to the extent of Beta-Israel no mind the indigenous Palestinian citizens of the Zionist State) was the election of Menachem Begin in 1977. By the way it was Kalman Katzenelson but rather Ben Gurion who had incredibly sadistic medical experiments carried out on Yemenite Brown Jewish children.

For those who are interested the history of Zionism and Jewish thought "The Ashkenazi Revolution" can be found on PDF here:

https://jewamongyou.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/the-ashkenazi-revolution2.pdf

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Ah, I don't know about that. Maybe you just have to look a bit harder.

One small example, the brilliant Jordanian-Palestinian artist I linked just above admired (liked) the work of this Belfast artist - Michael Taylor's Profile on Talenthouse

I notice you emphasize the Jordanian bit. An old Hasbara trick to alienate Palestinians from Palestine.

Btw. I'd called that stuff from Michael Taylor graphic design rather than art.

I notice you emphasize the Jordanian bit. An old Hasbara trick to alienate Palestinians from Palestine.
No, I did not intend to emphasise it at all. What you suggest was very far from my intentions.

I would like if the thread was just left to celebrate Palestinian art without all the conflict being brought into it, and "point-scoring".

I admit I have risen to the bait a couple of times above, but I will try not to from here.

Top Bottom