The New Prince - Performance art in political life

Earnán Ó Maille

PI Member
“Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are.” - Machiavelli

Last edited:

Goaty

PI Member
Ah yes, Machiavelli. The Red Prince is required reading for some. The Art of War by Sun Tzu for others. Years ago there was a famous teacher of ballet in Cork called Miss Morriarty. She had a studio opposite the Opera House. As a young man I was sent to her to deliver a package. In the studio she asked me a few questions before finally asking me to demonstrate ballet for her. I obliged, throwing my leg this way and my body the other while spinning stood on my toes with the remaining leg. The girls in the class laughed at me. She quickly stopped them laughing. I never did pursue a career in ballet after that.

Goaty

PI Member
I was forced into trying ballet as a kid. If I was a Yank I would have some serious mental health issues. Why did you show your package to the ladies? Which Child Were You? Roles By Birth - Lynne Forrest The Scapegoat or the Mascot?
I was completely unaware of ballet. Until I went to her studio. Played a lot of hurling and football for school and club. Perhaps its a class thing? I'm sure the girls who attended her school paid for the privilege. Ballet is rather middle and upper class.

Top Bottom