Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

The national question ; Talking with friends and family

Milominderbender

PI Member
Totalitarianism is the major issue Irish people are now facing. Whether you think mass immigration is in our interest or not is beside the point. The goverment believe that they have the right to crack down on unauthorised opinions.
The Gardai will now be recording "non crime incidents ". State media have branded those who object to their village's overnight population increase by 25% as "far right" or being duped by the far right. The election commission is seeking to interfere with parties campaign rhetoric. If I was to list every egregious example I'd never finish.
In the face of internet censorship we do have one huge advantage. Ireland is still a highly socially connected country with a small population. I've asked the following questions and have got a marvellous response. Most of the people I've talked to are liberal.
1. We are experiencing the largest demographic change since the plantation of Ulster. Do you believe that Irish people should have the right to question whether or not this is in their interest ?
2. 80% of people voted for border control in the 2004 citizenship referendum. Do you find it strange that we don't even have a token mass immigration sceptic in the Irish media ?
We all have nationalists in our circle. You'd be amazed at how many haven't heard about the new parties. Encourage them to talk to their circle and get nationalists known to them to do the same.
Less is often more, nobody likes being preached to. Leave them do the talking and listen. If someone is unreceptive change the subject and move on. Better to leave the idea germinate than for them to dig in and become entrenched in their position.
The key is to get as many people talking as possible. Face to face contact with friends and family is the most powerful persuasion there is.

genememe

DEPORTED
These days, I tend to avoid politics when around family.

I know it might sound whimsical to some, but if the discussion isn't of a positive nature, I simply don't get involved anymore.

Totalitarianism is the major issue Irish people are now facing. Whether you think mass immigration is in our interest or not is beside the point. The goverment believe that they have the right to crack down on unauthorised opinions.
The Gardai will now be recording "non crime incidents ". State media have branded those who object to their village's overnight population increase by 25% as "far right" or being duped by the far right. The election commission is seeking to interfere with parties campaign rhetoric. If I was to list every egregious example I'd never finish.
In the face of internet censorship we do have one huge advantage. Ireland is still a highly socially connected country with a small population. I've asked the following questions and have got a marvellous response. Most of the people I've talked to are liberal.
1. We are experiencing the largest demographic change since the plantation of Ulster. Do you believe that Irish people should have the right to question whether or not this is in their interest ?
2. 80% of people voted for border control in the 2004 citizenship referendum. Do you find it strange that we don't even have a token mass immigration sceptic in the Irish media ?
We all have nationalists in our circle. You'd be amazed at how many haven't heard about the new parties. Encourage them to talk to their circle and get nationalists known to them to do the same.
Less is often more, nobody likes being preached to. Leave them do the talking and listen. If someone is unreceptive change the subject and move on. Better to leave the idea germinate than for them to dig in and become entrenched in their position.
The key is to get as many people talking as possible. Face to face contact with friends and family is the most powerful persuasion there is.
My mother actually subtley asked me to come home less often. I'm now a black sheep because of my views, however I'm principled. My brother provokes me about politics called me a conspiracy theorist. My other brothers are too apathetic/cowardly to go against the grain, hence they are normies.
Now when I'm home we have to gossip about other people, and talk about the weather. Otherwise I'll probably soon have no home to go to.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
It’s really working in my family. All red pilled

OP
M

Milominderbender

PI Member
Less is definitely more when it comes these issues. After the attack in London for instance say something like "I hope the government is vetting the people coming into the country better than the UK" and move on.

genememe

DEPORTED
You need to get a new family.

Why?

There's more to life than politics.
And on the rare occasion I discuss politics with them, we're often in agreement.

Politics is just entertainment at the end of the day.
I enter in and out of it whenever the mood takes me.
But unlike this forum, a family gathering doesn't afford you that opportunity.
So when I get bored of politics, I either have to leave the room or try to steer the discussion in another direction.

Much better to devote your serious efforts towards personal development.
Wider society can take care of itself.

Dwell too much on negative stuff you've little control over, and you'll probably just manifest more of it.

El Chaval.

PI Member
One of my brothers mentioned to me that he was swinging Right, then said "Sorry".
If only he read my posts here.

Another brother has always been red pulled for the last 20 years or more. He works with Nordie Sun-reading Proddies in construction, and sounds like a BNP member in a Celtic top.

All the females in the family are pure, full on libtards.
The news source is everything.

GamersRiseUp

PI Member
Normie boomer parents/family follow old media like they've always done. I've read a ton of various weird and wonderful views over the years on the internet -- not just the Left/Right debate -- which is kind of limiting at times. If I told them a quarter of what I've read they'd look at me like I've three heads.
Old friends just moved away or drifted away doing whatever.

OP
M

Milominderbender

PI Member
John Waters said that the key to changing someone's mind is that they get information from 3 to 4 sources. They may wonder why a crime that happened in their town is getting so little media coverage, a political flyer through the letter box, an internet meme and a chat with you.
You don't have the power to transform a persons world view by yourself but you have an important part.

Why?

There's more to life than politics.
And on the rare occasion I discuss politics with them, we're often in agreement.

Politics is just entertainment at the end of the day.
I enter in and out of it whenever the mood takes me.
But unlike this forum, a family gathering doesn't afford you that opportunity.
So when I get bored of politics, I either have to leave the room or try to steer the discussion in another direction.

Much better to devote your serious efforts towards personal development.
Wider society can take care of itself.

Dwell too much on negative stuff you've little control over, and you'll probably just manifest more of it.
Killing babies isn't entertainment.

Top Bottom