• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The National Party's Ciarán McCormack on Replacement Migration

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member
I disagree. I suspect the Irish voting public isn't that far off from those over in Britoon. Even going by the pro EU recent research that 'only 10% of the Irish voting public would support Irexit" even that is a huge and dangerous voting block in a hugely fragmented voting system like Ireland. Soros Fein had less than 10% of the last Dail vote and still won 23 seats. Their chances at the European elections are dramatically higher again.
Shinners won their seats on more than 10% and it was on a variety of sub-issues. There's no votes in pure anti-EUism in Ireland. Hermann made a lot of fundamental mistakes. The NP's appraoch against the EU is more reasonable for an Irish electorate and in general as well. People act as if we can't do anything because of the EU - no, our government just hasn't the willpower. Switzerland isn't in the EU, they have the sort of EFDD-style Direct Democracy and they banned Minarets by referendum, however their population is still 30+% foreign national. How are they doing? The EU is a problem but it's the traitors in our own midst who are the biggest blockade to Irish Nationalism.

The Doc

PI Member

Lol @ FF's candidate on the left. And look at all the local FF gobdaws next to her. I wonder which side her grandfather took in the Civil War!
Good coverage for the NP, that's exactly all they need, a mention in the local paper, not demonizing them, but simply stating that they have set up a Cumann in the area.

Meanwhile on the same page, Fianna Fail are promoting an African woman...

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member
Good coverage for the NP, that's exactly all they need, a mention in the local paper, not demonizing them, but simply stating that they have set up a Cumann in the area.

Meanwhile on the same page, Fianna Fail are promoting an African woman...
The Party for the Foreigner and the Party for the Irish. The demarcation could not be more clear to ordinary readers.

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
In fairness, Tadhg has been largely positive about the NP. Well as positive as a self-described communist can be.

I think Tadhg is just sceptical about their chances. But I disagree. "Too often today people are ready to tell us: ‘This is not possible, that is not possible.’ I say: whatever the true interest of our country calls for is always possible. We have nothing to fear but our own doubts."
He would rather be a muslims eunach than live in a Free Enterprise society. That wouls also make for a good poll here.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
The editor has to be on the side of the Irish people with the way those pages were set.
Maith an fear, you noticed it too
See also the colour they used for the NP piece. Possibly used to distinguish between articles, but if you look at it, first glance, the NP article look faded and doudy compared to spick and span brand new shining FF.

Atlantean Irish

PI Member
It's a "Gettin processed"

Are you back to NP from Planter now?
I asked what is your view of how Irexit could work, do you have a view of this reality, given the following:

What is your analysis of how real Irish people who have precarious income, have family to feed and shelter, who only really look to how well or bad the economy is doing and do not know what you know about the EU, who scorn British people voting for Brexit as dumb, racist and wreckers of their livelihoods, and are willing to vote FF and FG back in again regardless of the suffering these tyrants put on them - how are the Irish going to take to Irexit, when the thought of it is in context of the above, and incurs a feeling of tearing and ripping oneself off of life support?

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member
See also the colour they used for the NP piece. Possibly used to distinguish between articles, but if you look at it, first glance, the NP article look faded and doudy compared to spick and span brand new shining FF.
They seem to have put a "sepia" grading onto the NP piece to make it look like it's from an old newspaper.

If they intended being malevolent that will have had the opposite effect as cultural trends are currently against any more modernism and futurism on its present path.

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member
They seem to have put a "sepia" grading onto the NP piece to make it look like it's from an old newspaper.

If they intended being malevolent that will have had the opposite effect as cultural trends are currently against any more modernism and futurism on its present path.
I think people are probably overanalsing it. It's a pretty positive and informative piece and it's good local press.

OP
FightingForTheBull

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Advertising actually costs more on the right side of the page too. Because when you open a page the first part you see is on the right.

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
Thats right.

Top Bottom