Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

GE2020 The National Party in Election 2020.

Wolf

Donator
PI Member
Wolfie, no one is dragging anyone back to the Catholic Church of the 1950s.
The question is where SF wants to drag the Irish People? A dystopia of a Big Bro or maybe it's a Big Sis state, I reckon. :rolleyes:
Your 'shinnerphobia' is overcoming you....
Hilarious.

OP
FairstoodtheWind

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Sf will be dragged anywhere FF want to drag them. 5 years of Wolfie mudguarding for FFSF. He wants it so bad and will never be allowed to forget how hard he cucked for FF's partners

DrPat2

PI Member
Hilarious.
Says the guy who voted for Louise O'Reilly who was boasting on Twatter about her pride in demonstrating against free speech for the Irish People. You couldn't make it up!

Catalpa

PI Member
Interesting reading the posts. Accusations of lying etc

Sad the way so called nationalists want to drag us back to RCC/FF Ireland of the 1950's..
Economic desolation overseen by perverts in dog collars.
I wonder would Justin kiss McQuaid's successors ring like Dev did....:cool:
Irish Governments of the 1950s to the nearest week:

FG led Government in Power from 1 January 1950 to 13 June 1951 - 74 weeks

FF led Government in Power from 13 June 1951 to 2 June 1954 - 154 weeks

FG led Government in Power from 2 June 1954 to 20 March 1957 - 143 weeks

FF led Government in Power from 20 March 1957 to 31 December 1959 - 141 weeks

FG led Government 215 weeks in Power

FF led Government 295 weeks in Power

If we factor in that Dev retired as Taoiseach on 23 June 1959 then his time in that Office in the 1950s cuts to 270 weeks in that decade

Compared to the 215 weeks served in the same role by An Taoiseach John Aloysius Costello.

Not exactly a huge difference!

Turns out Dev was in power very fractionally over 50% of the time in that Decade

- 270 weeks out of 520 weeks.

Yet to most people the 1950s was 'De Valera's Ireland!

TW Tone

PI Member

I am glad to see Barrett wants more relevant campaigning. You have to plug into concrete issues rather than great ideologies.
Look at that ex-soldier in Kildare who got elected on the basis of wanting better pay for soldiers. When I was younger a fellow got elected in Donegal campaigning for better reception of BBC TV.
You can't get any more non-ideological than that..
Has the lrish Freedom Party issued a similar self-analysis?

Last edited:

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member
I am glad to see Barrett wants more relevant campaigning. You have to plug into concrete issues rather than great ideologies.
Look at that ex-soldier in Kildare who got elected on the basis of wanting better pay for soldiers. When I was younger a fellow got elected in Donegal campaigning for better reception of BBC TV.
Has the National Party issued a similar self-analysis?
I remember that Satellite dish guy. He didn't want to be elected and got an awful fright when he was!

Black & Trans

PI Member
Has the National Party issued a similar self-analysis?
You have to 1. campaign on the ground and be on the ground and with the ear to the ground like SF did. 2. grab the Zeitgeist like Donegal TV guy did. 3. grab a local issue by the curlies like Roscomon hospital man and ex Irish SAS man did. 4. win a rake of all Irelands like Jimmy Deenihan did.

Take abortion. There is a solid block of votes again it. That block helped a variety of dissident candidates but it was no use to Renua etc. The NP and Gemma types believe they should have elections handed to them on a platter. Although Kerry used to believe that about all Irelands, they had track records to believe Sam was theirs.
Then you have the taint of Nazis, which some folk like Niall McConnell aid. It is very difficult to escape such slurs, no matter how tangentially one may be associated with Nazi nutters.

El Chaval.

PI Member
Hilarious.
You spent the last year here saying "I'm not a Shinner.Where did you get that idea?"
Now that you've come out of the closet, why not give answers to the questions.
Do SF support EU membership and Free Movement for 500 milion people?

Top Bottom