Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

The National Party are officially a registered Political Party

B

Batstator

Non Registered Member
Are you saying they have s Cumann in Derry, but not in Dublin?
Working class areas of Dublin should be their strongholds.
I’m sure they’ve people in every county but they haven’t publicly launched in Dublin yet.

Joe McKelvey

PI Member
Two questions on the NP:

What are their views on IRA actions?

How much sympathy or links do they have with any Brit groups? If so who?

Joe McKelvey

PI Member
Obviously, I don't expect them to publicly say but what do you or others that know the NP think the general consensus would be on IRA actions in the 70s and 80s for instance? Would they have sympathy at least with it?

I can support the NP if I know they believe in or at the minimum believe it to be correct to resist to Brit occupation.

B

Batstator

Non Registered Member
Obviously, I don't expect them to publicly say but what do you or others that know the NP think the general consensus would be on IRA actions in the 70s and 80s for instance? Would they have sympathy at least with it?

I can support the NP if I know they believe in or at the minimum believe it to be correct to resist to Brit occupation.
They had pictures of their leaflets saying “the brexit we want is a British exit from Ireland.”

They’re not 26 county ‘nationalists’ like Irexit.

Macushla

Staff member
PI Member

They are highly nationalistic on the northern question

FightingForTheBull

PI Member

Yes they would have supported the actions back then 100%.

B

Batstator

Non Registered Member
Any links to any Brit political groups at all? Fraternal or otherwise?
I think they mentioned that they’d take prolife unionist votes if they got them, but have no association with anything British.

Top Bottom