The Mandela effect

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
Premium Account
As someone who has a keen interest in the supernatural I have heard many times the idea of the Mandela effect.
Mandela Effect

This is a situation where a number of people have memories that are different from available evidence. The term was coined by paranormal enthusiast Fiona Broome, who says she and other people remember Nelson Mandela dying in the 1980s, rather than in 2013. She argues that common memories which appear mistaken could be explained by the existence of parallel universes that are able to interact with each other.
A common thread of discussion regarding this "effect" is misremembering the Berenstain Bears being spelled as "Berenstein Bears".

Other related examples of confabulation circulating on the internet include misremembering brand names such as Febreze as "Febreeze", JcPenney as "JcPenny", and media names such as Looney Tunes as "Looney Toons"
I like most brushed off the idea as some simply easily forgetful memory that people had, sure it was strange how many people shared the same wrong memory but I never gave it much more thought than that.

Today for the first time I became aware of two events that have shocked me and now I am giving the idea a little more thought.

EVENT 1 Star Wars

As a kid I watched Star Wars many times, perhaps more than I care to remember. During all that time I never once noticed that C3PO had a silver leg.

I even had the toy, just gold legs on that!

EFFECT TWO - MOONRAKER - JAWS & DOLLY

Remember the scene in Rio where JAWS crashed the cable car into the base station? Remember Dolly the petite nerdy girl who helps JAWS out of the wreckage? Do you remember her having gleaming braces when they smile at each other? This is a crucial part of the story because Dolly showing her braces helps the two fall in love.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8pa1cC_QM4

She even opens her mouth in the scene to show white teeth, what logic would it be to show white teeth? The scene showed braces and this helped the two fall in love!

In the above video their is a part at 2:21 that shows a advert of the actor who played Jaws advertising a credit card, the scene is a spoof of the Dolly scene and in that spoof they show the girl with braces.

I am completely shocked by this, I am now starting to believe in the Phenomena !

OP
OP
Sinbad

Sinbad

They call me a God
Donator
Premium Account
A result of a broken time line?
Its strange, not everyone has the same memory, but the Moonraker ones is the strongest yet for me because the scene does not make sense without her having braces.

Could it be alternative dimensions ?

Its strange, not everyone has the same memory, but the Moonraker ones is the strongest yet for me because the scene does not make sense without her having braces.

Could it be alternative dimensions ?
Bad editing or the person in charge of continuity messed up.

Paranormal events have escalated for me in recent years. My dead dog paid me a visit. I have seen two UFO's and I have seen a ghost. Yes a ghost. In my own enclave, on the street during the afternoon. The ghost of a young woman. I watched her from my window. She seemed confused. It wasn't until she turned and began to fade away as I watched that I realised she was a ghost. You don't want to see a ghost. It leaves you perplexed to say the least.

Barbvision

Political Irish
Paranormal events have escalated for me in recent years. My dead dog paid me a visit. I have seen two UFO's and I have seen a ghost. Yes a ghost. In my own enclave, on the street during the afternoon. The ghost of a young woman. I watched her from my window. She seemed confused. It wasn't until she turned and began to fade away as I watched that I realised she was a ghost. You don't want to see a ghost. It leaves you perplexed to say the least.
We had a Ghost in our house growing up, I remember once sat downstairs watching TV on my own, it was the middle of the day. Suddenly I heard footsteps running around in the room above, I went upstairs with the poker thinking it was someone in the house, opened the door and nobody was there, plagued me for years, whenever I was on my own. Eventually I moved to college, going back to my parents house I never heard it again, even if I was on my own.

Barbvision

Political Irish
As someone who has a keen interest in the supernatural I have heard many times the idea of the Mandela effect.

I like most brushed off the idea as some simply easily forgetful memory that people had, sure it was strange how many people shared the same wrong memory but I never gave it much more thought than that.

Today for the first time I became aware of two events that have shocked me and now I am giving the idea a little more thought.

EVENT 1 Star Wars

As a kid I watched Star Wars many times, perhaps more than I care to remember. During all that time I never once noticed that C3PO had a silver leg.

I even had the toy, just gold legs on that!

EFFECT TWO - MOONRAKER - JAWS & DOLLY

Remember the scene in Rio where JAWS crashed the cable car into the base station? Remember Dolly the petite nerdy girl who helps JAWS out of the wreckage? Do you remember her having gleaming braces when they smile at each other? This is a crucial part of the story because Dolly showing her braces helps the two fall in love.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8pa1cC_QM4

She even opens her mouth in the scene to show white teeth, what logic would it be to show white teeth? The scene showed braces and this helped the two fall in love!

In the above video their is a part at 2:21 that shows a advert of the actor who played Jaws advertising a credit card, the scene is a spoof of the Dolly scene and in that spoof they show the girl with braces.

I am completely shocked by this, I am now starting to believe in the Phenomena !
I certainly dont remember C3PO having a silver leg, just the reed arm in the latest movie. Never watched James Bond so I couldn't say, but the C3PO is very weird.

We had a Ghost in our house growing up, I remember once sat downstairs watching TV on my own, it was the middle of the day. Suddenly I heard footsteps running around in the room above, I went upstairs with the poker thinking it was someone in the house, opened the door and nobody was there, plagued me for years, whenever I was on my own. Eventually I moved to college, going back to my parents house I never heard it again, even if I was on my own.
It almost seems as if someone or something is acclimatizing me or preparing me for something.

Top Bottom