Hot The last movie you watched?

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads

A good one for this time of year. Best horror I've seen in years.

The director's manic need for period authenticity and detail are really evident, which is the film's strength. What disturbs me are the underlying theme of feminine liberation and the depiction of the devil and witchcraft as enlightened protagonists.

That notwithstanding, it's one of the most superbly-made horror movies I've seen.

Threads
The direct's manic need for period authenticity and detail are really evident which is the film's strength. What disturb me are the underlying theme of feminine liberation and the depiction of the devil and witchcraft as enlightened protagonists.

That notwithstanding, it's one of the most superbly-made horror movies I've seen.
It really strikes a cord with modern Ireland.

Threads
The director's manic need for period authenticity and detail are really evident, which is the film's strength. What disturbs me are the underlying theme of feminine liberation and the depiction of the devil and witchcraft as enlightened protagonists.

I think I'll watch this tonight. Have heard a lot of people raving about it. Is it available on Netflix I wonder?

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I think I'll watch this tonight. Have heard a lot of people raving about it. Is it available on Netflix I wonder?
Over here, Netflix has it for streaming. It's definitely worth your time, Murt. Just listening to the dialogue in period-correct English is a treat.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
It definitely will resonate well with people on our side of the fence. It's a great film in it's own right. A bit like the Exorcist where it holds it's own beyond it's genre
Its themes remind me in a way of Rosemary's Baby, another great.

Roisin2

PI Member
Threads
Only The Brave.

Saw it for the second time a few nights ago. Tough film to watch at the end. May they rest in peace.

Threads
"Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you. The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die."

Threads

Yes it is good, have you seen A Ghost Story?

Top Bottom